Gigamon

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gigamon in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through 5 initial interviews after turning in Resume online.

1st interview - Brief phone screening interview with HR Rep
2nd Interview - 40 minute phone interview with Director of Sales
3rd Interview - 30 minute phone interview with Head of Marketing
4th Interview - In person casual coffee interview with Director of Sales
5th Interview - Onsite interview with Director of Sales & Senior Inside Sales Rep

Interview Question – Typical interview questions being thrown at me.
Example: Why are you fit for this job? What skills did you acquire in your past that make you a good candidate? Why are you the best candidate for this position? How fast can you learn lead generation tools? (Salesforce, Data.com, DiscoverOrg, etc...)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Solid. Not too much negotiating taken place.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Typical, nothing special. My recruiter contacted me, and they gave me the phone interview for 1 hour and technical on site interview for half a day followed. and then I got an offer. Salary is good but the stock option is terrible.

Interview Question – B-tree   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Typically a phone screen followed by a on site interview. I was asked to skip the phone but went for 2 rounds of on site as my resume was eligible for 2 different positions.

Interview Question – Python coding question
C coding question
C coding question
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate slightly but they had a decent offer to begin with.

Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Easy interview process and only focus on asking past experiences

Interview Question – A situation where I wrote a badly written program   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Does not see the company is moving forward

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Applied online. A week later got a call to come in for 1-1's with recruiter and head of HR.
Met with recruiter first that walks thru a complete timeline of Gigamons history and current products. Met with head of HR - very casual conversation - no difficult or challenging questions. Enjoyed meeting both of them. Sounds like an interesting company and environment. Not sure what they are looking for in the right candidate as several months later the position appears to still be open and not filled.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within few days. Phone interview was a review of the resume and questions on whether you have skill A/B/C....and whether you are interested in working here.
Onsite interview was with 4 people. 2 engineers were nice to talk to, asked some coding questions which were decent. Manager seemed ok. Director was a pain, and after the interview..no response.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview Details – Extremely responsive interview process. The recruiter quickly responded to my application and setup an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds of 30-45 minute sessions. Some interviewers asked me to code - RegEx Validation, String Manipulation etc, others asked me management based questions and decision making questions. Overall it was a positive experience. The Directors were forthcoming of the challenges ahead and I appreciated the honesty.

Interview Question – None really. I was well prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer had a decent pay + bonus. Since I had multiple offers in hand, I could leverage and ultimately we both made compromises but came to a mutual agreement. The opportunity for growth was too hard to resist.

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Gigamon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – offered too less

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Test Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gigamon in October 2012.

Interview Details – I saw their job posting on LinkedIn and applied. Got a response the very next day to come straight in for an onsite interview, no phone screen needed. An on-site interview was set up for the following week based on my availability. Was asked to fill out an employment application before coming in to interview.

On interivew day, HR met with me first, and gave me a history and background of the company as well as information on their products and answered any questions I had. Was then interviewed by one of the firmware engineers, the manufacturing director, who gave me a short tour of their line, the Software QA director, the manufacturing engineer and then again by the firmware engineer.

The entire process was quite pleasant, and I was really excited about the position. Most of the interviewers have been with the company less than two years. In fact, one of the iterviewers had only been there for six weeks.

Did not get an offer. Found out later that one of the interviewers thought I did not have enough experience. Too bad, they sound like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – If you have a cake in the shape of a trapezoid which has a piece missing from the middle, how would you bisect the remaining cake/trapezoid so that both pieces have the same area.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gigamon in August 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I got a phone call after a month. We finalized a day for phone interview after 1 week.
In the phone interview, they asked me number of network programming questions. Like all functions in socket library.
after this interview I was called onsite after -5 days.
In onste interview I was asked to write C code , network questions Linked list and switching

Interview Questions

Worked for Gigamon? Contribute to the Community!