Gigya

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Development Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gigya.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick. I did one phone interview then a quick interview in person. I was offered the job on the spot. This is a position best fit for recent grads. The technology is very new. Training was not that great.

Interview Question – The Questions were easy just make sure you know what Gigya is selling   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Gigya

Interview Details – Applied through my university career website. A few days later I got an email requesting a time to set up a phone interview. I got the call for the phone interiew on time and talked to a younger guy from the company that had been working with gigya for under a year. The call lasted about 30 minutes. He was not very enthusiastic but the interview went okay. I recieved an email a few days later that said they would not be moving forward with me.

Interview Question – Why Sales?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gigya in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 2 weeks. I applied online and was called a few days later to set up a phone screen. Phone Screen was very typical and the questions were very easy. They then emailed me the next day to set up an in-person interview. once there I met the hiring manager who very briefly spoke with me and said that a team I would be working with would conduct the interview. A team of 4 people then came in and conducted the interview. The questions were very typcal but they wanted a lot of detail in the answers. When the tables turned and Ihad questions for them, they did not even fully answer them. I seemed to have done very well, but no offer ever came.

Interview Question – How would you use Gigya's product in your last job?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gigya in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring for me was through a friend who already worked there. Gigya is huge on hiring internally, and through recommendations. At first I spoke briefly with someone in HR, then met with the Director of Sales, who after a period of weeks where I hounded him daily, passed me along to the person I'd be working under for a final interview. By that point there decision had already been made and it was relatively routine. The tone throughout was extremely pleasant and professional.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly around sales process. Gigya has a unique approach and follows guidelines set down by an outside organization who returns to do frequent training. Anyone without a true approach to speak of, or who just wings it and hopes for the best, will quickly be found out. Be ready to speak at length about how you approach deals from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I got the offer it was for more than I had originally anticipated, so I did not end up negotiating at all. Their pay package, commission structure and benefits are over and above anything else I've seen at this level.

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gigya.

Interview Details – Applied a month ago and got an email a week later to setup a phone interview. Told them my availability, and 1 day later I was emailed back with the date and time for the interview. They scheduled me for a time that I specifically didn't list for my availability - had to respond and ask them to correct it.

I finally got the call at the correct time and all the interviewer told me was that she has to reschedule the interview. For some reason she couldn't coordinate with HR to get my resume that I sent them twice! I was literally turned away at this point at the disorganization of this company. (It says that experience with SalesForce.com is a plus for the position, while none of them know how to use the simplest features on it.)

I ended up getting the call at the time it was rescheduled for, and was asked basic questions about myself and about my interest in Gigya. The interviewer liked my knowledge of the product and questions, and told me that I will be contacted the following day to schedule an in-person interview.

Had the in-person interview a week later at the HQ in Mountain View. First round I was interviewed by the sales manager and 2 members of the sales team. Each of them gave me a similar business card that looked very cheap and poorly made. They asked basic behavioral questions for 30 minutes and I thought it went pretty well.

About 10 minutes later, I had the second round interview with the hiring manager, who was one of the most arrogant people I've encountered in an interview. The guy was more interested in himself than he was interested in listening to my qualifications. Asked identical questions to the first round, just took less notes. The guy was literally flexing his arms the entire interview, I couldn't connect with him because he was so arrogant - this round didn't go as great as I expected it to, but I explained to him that I understand the product well and would be a great addition to the team. I asked him a few questions, including "what would you change about Gigya?" He failed to answer my question and couldn't come up with one thing.

Was told that I'd be contacted by the end of the day, but it took them over a week to email me back.

Overall:

This is a fairly new company with a lot of inexperienced recent college graduates. The interview process was not very difficult, but it was very disorganized. The sales floor is a small fishbowl, filled mostly with people in their 20's. Everyone is dressed semi-casually and stuck behind their computer. Didn't get an offer, but not sure if it was the right fit.

Interview Question – - What do you consider micro-managing and how do you prefer to be managed?
- Tell us about a failure.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Do you have a history with cold calling?
- Aside from liking our product, why do you want to work here?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior AccountExecutive Interview

Senior AccountExecutive

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Gigya in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was a joke. It was actually very embarrassing for me that I was considering this company. The interviewer asked the most obvious questions- was very unseasoned. Never asked any relevant sales roles questions. I looked her up on LinkedIn and discovered why. She came from YELP- selling yelp ads in Scottsdale, AZ. If that is the first initial point of contact to get to the next level...wow! If you are just out of high school and or college, then this might be a good place to look into. If you are a professional- run!

Interview Question – tell me about your biggest work failure?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – If the initial process says anything about how they actually run their company, I was not interested.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Development Manager Interview

Sales Development Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gigya.

Interview Details – Interviewers barely asked any questions-- phone screener the week before told me to 'study up' on the product and then didn't need to know it at all.

Interview Question – How competitive are you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted to start a week later than they were asking, but due to training they could not budge on the start date. this conflicted with the commitment that I had to my previous job and I did not appreciate having to scramble.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gigya in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employee whom I already knew from High School, I had a 25-minute phone screen and was contacted within the next few days for an on-site interview. I interviewed with 3 people who asked very good, prying, and non-generic questions, which I really enjoyed. Found out a day later that I got the job, they were very prompt with everything.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of non-typical questions and oddly specific things about past work experience and what motivated me in different situations   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gigya in July 2013.

Interview Details – You will meet with two managers as well as a Director. They take hiring very seriously.

Interview Question – Whats the most challenging thing you have accomplished in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Work with HR, but the pay is firm and standard across the board.

Strategic Account Executive - West Coast Interview

Strategic Account Executive - West Coast
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gigya in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was approached by Internal Recruiter following a recommedation from a current employee. Told they were looking for a Strategic Account Exec to go deep and wide on a select number of named accounts on the West Coast. This was followed up by a telephone interview with the hiring manager - very basic discussion going through my resume. Was asked to meet with the VP Sales at HQ. Spent an hour or so talking with the VP - took an incrediable amount of notes yet gave little back. Sent a thank you note post interview to VP and Sales Manager and haven't heard anything since. This is a dial for dollars business - HQ is a busy sales floor (fishbowl with no where to hide) Sales bell kept ringing - as I said a dial for dollars business that is focused of volumes and logos - couldn't see anything strategic about it!

Interview Question – Nothing challenging for me but I suspect some of my questions may have given them food for thought.   Answer Question

Worked for Gigya? Contribute to the Community!