Gigya

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gigya.

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview. Overall response was very quick and very professional!

1. Phone Screen
    30 minute phone call with a member from the sales team. Spoke a lot more on my past professional experiences, "what makes you, you", challenges and responses, competency questions.

2. 45 minute Skype call with three members from the sales and business dev team

3. 45 minutes Skype call with other members of the sales and business dev team

The Skype calls were a lot more about the product - so make sure you can do a 30 second pitch on it. Know how the product is able to help a company in x industry vs y industry. Let them know that you have grit/perseverance because they look for people who can persevere through sales and that can meet deadlines and quotas. Three out of six people that interviewed me were incredibly disengaged and disrespectful (picking nails, walking in and out, seem deliberately disinterested to what I have to say). Two out of six interviewers had that superiority front that was just quite putting off. There's a way to be strong and assertive, but it came out a LOT arrogant. The others were friendly and semi-engaged.

Interview Questions
    • 30 sec pitch of Gigya's product, how do you measure success?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gigya.

The hiring process was quick. I did one phone interview then a quick interview in person. I was offered the job on the spot. This is a position best fit for recent grads. The technology is very new. Training was not that great.

Interview Questions
    • The Questions were easy just make sure you know what Gigya is selling   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Development Representative Interview

Applied through my university career website. A few days later I got an email requesting a time to set up a phone interview. I got the call for the phone interiew on time and talked to a younger guy from the company that had been working with gigya for under a year. The call lasted about 30 minutes. He was not very enthusiastic but the interview went okay. I recieved an email a few days later that said they would not be moving forward with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gigya in April 2014.

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online and was called a few days later to set up a phone screen. Phone Screen was very typical and the questions were very easy. They then emailed me the next day to set up an in-person interview. once there I met the hiring manager who very briefly spoke with me and said that a team I would be working with would conduct the interview. A team of 4 people then came in and conducted the interview. The questions were very typcal but they wanted a lot of detail in the answers. When the tables turned and Ihad questions for them, they did not even fully answer them. I seemed to have done very well, but no offer ever came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gigya.

Applied a month ago and got an email a week later to setup a phone interview. Told them my availability, and 1 day later I was emailed back with the date and time for the interview. They scheduled me for a time that I specifically didn't list for my availability - had to respond and ask them to correct it.

I finally got the call at the correct time and all the interviewer told me was that she has to reschedule the interview. For some reason she couldn't coordinate with HR to get my resume that I sent them twice! I was literally turned away at this point at the disorganization of this company. (It says that experience with SalesForce.com is a plus for the position, while none of them know how to use the simplest features on it.)

I ended up getting the call at the time it was rescheduled for, and was asked basic questions about myself and about my interest in Gigya. The interviewer liked my knowledge of the product and questions, and told me that I will be contacted the following day to schedule an in-person interview.

Had the in-person interview a week later at the HQ in Mountain View. First round I was interviewed by the sales manager and 2 members of the sales team. Each of them gave me a similar business card that looked very cheap and poorly made. They asked basic behavioral questions for 30 minutes and I thought it went pretty well.

About 10 minutes later, I had the second round interview with the hiring manager, who was one of the most arrogant people I've encountered in an interview. The guy was more interested in himself than he was interested in listening to my qualifications. Asked identical questions to the first round, just took less notes. The guy was literally flexing his arms the entire interview, I couldn't connect with him because he was so arrogant - this round didn't go as great as I expected it to, but I explained to him that I understand the product well and would be a great addition to the team. I asked him a few questions, including "what would you change about Gigya?" He failed to answer my question and couldn't come up with one thing.

Was told that I'd be contacted by the end of the day, but it took them over a week to email me back.

Overall:

This is a fairly new company with a lot of inexperienced recent college graduates. The interview process was not very difficult, but it was very disorganized. The sales floor is a small fishbowl, filled mostly with people in their 20's. Everyone is dressed semi-casually and stuck behind their computer. Didn't get an offer, but not sure if it was the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • - What do you consider micro-managing and how do you prefer to be managed?
      - Tell us about a failure.
      - Tell us about yourself.
      - Do you have a history with cold calling?
      - Aside from liking our product, why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Sales Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gigya.

Interviewers barely asked any questions-- phone screener the week before told me to 'study up' on the product and then didn't need to know it at all.

Interview Questions
    I wanted to start a week later than they were asking, but due to training they could not budge on the start date. this conflicted with the commitment that I had to my previous job and I did not appreciate having to scramble.

Senior AccountExecutive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gigya in January 2014.

The initial phone interview was a joke. It was actually very embarrassing for me that I was considering this company. The interviewer asked the most obvious questions- was very unseasoned. Never asked any relevant sales roles questions. I looked her up on LinkedIn and discovered why. She came from YELP- selling yelp ads in Scottsdale, AZ. If that is the first initial point of contact to get to the next level...wow! If you are just out of high school and or college, then this might be a good place to look into. If you are a professional- run!

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your biggest work failure?   View Answer

If the initial process says anything about how they actually run their company, I was not interested.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gigya in January 2014.

Was quick--a phone screen, then a panel interview of three, possibly an interview with a manager and you're done. Panel interviewers can get cagey and feel as though they're trying to trick you/lead you to the exact answer they want. Less about seeing how you 'think' and more about you hitting the right buttons--aka you're driven, sports background, never give up, performance performance performance. Work horses are strongly valued.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch us the product. What motivates you? (more important than you'd think--money is a good thing here!)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gigya in January 2014.

Easy. Chatted with 4 different people. Questions were basic for an entry level job. Interview went nicely and was encouraging...but I soon found out all of that was just for show. 3 months in the job was so awful I was already looking for new jobs.

Interview Questions
    • If you were going to pick up someone at a bar...how would you do it? I know...REALLY PROFESSIONAL.   View Answer
    ^^ UNFORTUNATELY (I accepted). I found out they pay you well because they treat you like horse poop.

Strategic Account Executive - West Coast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gigya in October 2013.

Was approached by Internal Recruiter following a recommedation from a current employee. Told they were looking for a Strategic Account Exec to go deep and wide on a select number of named accounts on the West Coast. This was followed up by a telephone interview with the hiring manager - very basic discussion going through my resume. Was asked to meet with the VP Sales at HQ. Spent an hour or so talking with the VP - took an incrediable amount of notes yet gave little back. Sent a thank you note post interview to VP and Sales Manager and haven't heard anything since. This is a dial for dollars business - HQ is a busy sales floor (fishbowl with no where to hide) Sales bell kept ringing - as I said a dial for dollars business that is focused of volumes and logos - couldn't see anything strategic about it!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging for me but I suspect some of my questions may have given them food for thought.   Answer Question