Gilbarco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gilbarco in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through recruiter in May 2014. Part of first cut list; had to then apply via GVR's Taleo site. The they went silent for 5 weeks.

ZERO communication and feedback throughout process. This company's talent management is a disaster.

The HQ building also looks like a school from 1950. No chance I would work here.

SQA Interview

SQA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gilbarco in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was great interview

Interview Question – Interviews were informative   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Fuel Management Services Interview

Fuel Management Services
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gilbarco in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is relatively simple. As long as you don't have any problems with the law or drugs and you have a little experience with computers you should get hired. They just want to make sure you have good troubleshooting skills. Most people are totally new to this kind of work and will need to be trained from the beginning

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They just want to know if you are trainable because you will need to lean all about fuel management from scratch   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you a sealed envelope in private with a printed offer and you accept or decline.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gilbarco in March 2009.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 phone interviews with the development lead.

Interview Question – They asked several VB6 questions dealing with COM interop and invoking VB6 from C#.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard. I asked for 85k with 3 weeks vacawith they responded with 83k and 4 weeks vacation. Which I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Greensboro, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gilbarco in April 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very courteous and professional. A phone interview was first followed by a day in which I would come to the corporate office in Greensboro, NC to interview in person. The onsite interview process consisted of serial 1:1 interviews with the Hiring manager, 2 IT directors and the IT VP for the hiring business unit. I enjoyed the interaction with the hiring manager and on of the IT Directors. However the other IT DIrector seemed to have a hardened approach and was determined to undermine my value and work experience on a seemingly personal level. He constantly reminded me that Gilbarco's customers were "brutal", "difficult" and "hard to please". The VP was more conscious of his personal appointments and his travel agenda than being focused on the interview. When going from office to office, I noticed the patchwork decor than seemed to remind you that each addition or renovation was added during a particular decade and never updated to reflect a continous flow. With each turn through corridors I was reminded of each passing decade 60s,70s, 80s, 90s and (maybe) the early 2000s. Cinder block walls patched/mismatched tiles does not reflect its marketplace sucess but one of diminishing failure. Additionally, there was little/non-existent diversity. Thus, i envisioned difficulties that regard as well. By the time I met the 2nd person, I knew that I would not want to work for this company. Plus, I read the Glassdoor comments here on the site. They were an all too accurate representation of what I saw reflected in the culture.

Interview Question – What will you do when you fail to meet the customer's expectations?   View Answers (2)

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gilbarco in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager could of cared less about my experience.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Went ok.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gilbarco in September 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact was through a recruiter retained by the company for talent acquisition. The recruiter was very experienced, and thoroughly prepared me for the interview. The recruiter was absolutely top-notch. The hiring manager was my second contact through a phone interview. This interview was the typical screen of your basic experience. The interview on-site was very thorough, and you interviewed with your potential peers, the engineering V-P, various senior engineers on the development teams, the company general manager, and the human resources V-P. All of these individuals were very professional and experienced and asked relevant questions. You can expect to account for your professional achievements and also answer behavioral interviewing questions. To date, this is the most professional interview and thorough interview that I have been through. This reflects very directly on how well this company is managed.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve conflict between team members?   Answer Question
  • Have you managed remote teams and how have you reviewed and assessed their progress?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineering Intern
Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gilbarco in August 2008.

Interview Details – I met with the company at my College Career Fair. Actually, they are a Danaher subsidiary and so I met them at the Danaher booth. Got a call a few days letter for an on-campus interview. It was your standard behavioural-style. Few days after that got a call for an on-site interview in Greensboro. This was a multi-part interview where I spoke with people from all parts of the engineering department, and they did a small test of my technical skills. It was pretty laid back and they provided lunch afterwards. Few days later got a call with an offer for a summer internship.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to lead a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done.

Senior Engineer Sourcing Interview

Senior Engineer Sourcing
Coimbatore (India)

I interviewed at Gilbarco in March 2010.

Interview Details – Direct face to face interview.will be called in for the interview either to coimbatore(where they have manufacturing facility) or to mumbai(where they have marketing & design office)

Interview Question – Knowledge in SAP   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – highly paid

Worked for Gilbarco? Contribute to the Community!