Gilbarco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

3.1

Area Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gilbarco.

Interview

Applied for job online and received an initial phone screen, about two weeks later to discuss interest and a little about my background. After the initial phone screen, I had another phone screen with one of the Focus Factory Managers to discuss the opportunity in greater detail, as well as my background and experience.

Due to the fact that this was being coordinated over the holidays, there was a small lapse in time because of how the holidays played into the scheduling. These two phone screens were followed up with an in-person interview by five leadership team members. I was provided a schedule ahead of time, of who I would be meeting and at what time(s). Due to the length of the in-person interview and tour (over five hours), the company had provided me with lunch as well.

In less than a week, I was contacted with a job offer. Flawless and seamless process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an individual wasn't performing or wasn't completing their tasks as assigned?   Answer Question

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

This ended up being almost an eight week process. I applied through a job posting from a recruitment firm. The initial phone screening took place a week later, followed by a phone interview and a scheduled four hour on-site visit. The on-site interview was with an HR rep, consisting of standard HR questions (why are you looking, describe your management style, etc.), and interviews with the hiring manager, and two managers who would be considered co-workers. Two days following this, I had a phone interview with the CIO. No feedback for over two weeks, and then another phone interview with a Security analyst from the parent company. I was also supposed to have a phone interview the same day with another HR rep, who did not make the call due to a mistake on her side. An in person interview with the new head of HR took place a week later.

The entire process was very unorganized and disjointed. Each person in the interview process seemed to have a different opinion on what the job was supposed to entail. See the response below regarding the "most unexpected question". They do not seem to be in agreement as to whether they want a Security/Network manager to maintain their firewalls, or a Security Program Manager to handle their audits.

The office itself, as has been noted in other reviews, is not a place where I would have enjoyed working. Very outdated, cramped, and cluttered. Very much a 1960s/1970s manufacturing plant, with offices tacked on as an afterthought. I also noted that there were 10 - 15 prime parking places designated for various executives. That is not something I would expect from an organization that has a teamwork culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired and came to work here, what would be the potential things that would make you regret your decision after a few months working here?   1 Answer

BOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gilbarco (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

1 on campus interview
    A second round interview with one 50 minute interview with two people
    Received the offer a few days later
    Very basic questions but was asked to go into extreme detail on each answer

Interview Questions

• A time you faced cristicm when you knew you were right.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Assembly I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Online app, two days later a phone interview of five questions, one hour later a job offer. This thing wants thirty words but I've summed the process up pretty well, thanks. This thing wants thirty words but I've summed the process up pretty well, thanks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None...union represents these positions and pay is set.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through recruiter in May 2014. Part of first cut list; had to then apply via GVR's Taleo site. The they went silent for 5 weeks.

ZERO communication and feedback throughout process. This company's talent management is a disaster.

The HQ building also looks like a school from 1950. No chance I would work here.

Director Aftermarket Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me based on my Linkedin profile. 2 phone interviews with recruiter, who provided coaching on what to expect on the interview. They flew me in to there Greensboro NC HQ to interview with VP Sales & Marketing, Marketing Director and Sales Director, & HR aprox 4 hr. Behavioral based interview questions, probing about current role and responsibilities. Stressed the Danaher lean culture, which was evident in the surroundings. Office was drab & out dated.
    After interview I received no feedback from the company or the recruiter.

SQA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Gilbarco in July 2013.

Interview

It was great interview

Interview Questions

• Interviews were informative   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruiter was very courteous and professional. A phone interview was first followed by a day in which I would come to the corporate office in Greensboro, NC to interview in person. The onsite interview process consisted of serial 1:1 interviews with the Hiring manager, 2 IT directors and the IT VP for the hiring business unit. I enjoyed the interaction with the hiring manager and on of the IT Directors. However the other IT DIrector seemed to have a hardened approach and was determined to undermine my value and work experience on a seemingly personal level. He constantly reminded me that Gilbarco's customers were "brutal", "difficult" and "hard to please". The VP was more conscious of his personal appointments and his travel agenda than being focused on the interview. When going from office to office, I noticed the patchwork decor than seemed to remind you that each addition or renovation was added during a particular decade and never updated to reflect a continous flow. With each turn through corridors I was reminded of each passing decade 60s,70s, 80s, 90s and (maybe) the early 2000s. Cinder block walls patched/mismatched tiles does not reflect its marketplace sucess but one of diminishing failure. Additionally, there was little/non-existent diversity. Thus, i envisioned difficulties that regard as well. By the time I met the 2nd person, I knew that I would not want to work for this company. Plus, I read the Glassdoor comments here on the site. They were an all too accurate representation of what I saw reflected in the culture.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you fail to meet the customer's expectations?   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was through a recruiter retained by the company for talent acquisition. The recruiter was very experienced, and thoroughly prepared me for the interview. The recruiter was absolutely top-notch. The hiring manager was my second contact through a phone interview. This interview was the typical screen of your basic experience. The interview on-site was very thorough, and you interviewed with your potential peers, the engineering V-P, various senior engineers on the development teams, the company general manager, and the human resources V-P. All of these individuals were very professional and experienced and asked relevant questions. You can expect to account for your professional achievements and also answer behavioral interviewing questions. To date, this is the most professional interview and thorough interview that I have been through. This reflects very directly on how well this company is managed.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve conflict between team members?   Answer Question
    • Have you managed remote teams and how have you reviewed and assessed their progress?   Answer Question

Fuel Management Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process is relatively simple. As long as you don't have any problems with the law or drugs and you have a little experience with computers you should get hired. They just want to make sure you have good troubleshooting skills. Most people are totally new to this kind of work and will need to be trained from the beginning

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They just want to know if you are trainable because you will need to lean all about fuel management from scratch   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a sealed envelope in private with a printed offer and you accept or decline.