Gilbarco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Greensboro, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gilbarco in April 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very courteous and professional. A phone interview was first followed by a day in which I would come to the corporate office in Greensboro, NC to interview in person. The onsite interview process consisted of serial 1:1 interviews with the Hiring manager, 2 IT directors and the IT VP for the hiring business unit. I enjoyed the interaction with the hiring manager and on of the IT Directors. However the other IT DIrector seemed to have a hardened approach and was determined to undermine my value and work experience on a seemingly personal level. He constantly reminded me that Gilbarco's customers were "brutal", "difficult" and "hard to please". The VP was more conscious of his personal appointments and his travel agenda than being focused on the interview. When going from office to office, I noticed the patchwork decor than seemed to remind you that each addition or renovation was added during a particular decade and never updated to reflect a continous flow. With each turn through corridors I was reminded of each passing decade 60s,70s, 80s, 90s and (maybe) the early 2000s. Cinder block walls patched/mismatched tiles does not reflect its marketplace sucess but one of diminishing failure. Additionally, there was little/non-existent diversity. Thus, i envisioned difficulties that regard as well. By the time I met the 2nd person, I knew that I would not want to work for this company. Plus, I read the Glassdoor comments here on the site. They were an all too accurate representation of what I saw reflected in the culture.

Interview Question – What will you do when you fail to meet the customer's expectations?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Gilbarco? Contribute to the Community!