Gilead Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Panel Interviews, Phone Interviews, Screening process, technical details, project related questions, detailed discussions with all levels of management, team members, cross functional team members as well, critical thinking, decision making

Contract Proofreader Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a very positive discussion with recruiter concerning the position I was contacted about. He arranged a phone interview within a day. He was most helpful in getting me prepared for the interview, including a list of questions that might be asked of me by the hiring manager. The interview on the phone was a lot more formal than I was prepared for. I was asked a few typical interview questions and then I had a chance to ask some of my own. Towards the end, we started feeling a little more relaxed in our conversation. I soon learned that I would not make it to the next round of interviews.

Director In Pharm Dev & Mfg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Several interviewers used the entire time to complain about the work and/or the management. I liked their honesty, but to have more than 1 person do that was a bad sign. Quite a few of the interviewers had no description of the role and many clearly hadn't looked at my CV before they came in the room. I can't imagine what it must be like when they aren't putting their best image forward.

Interview Questions

• There are so many good candidates out there, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Applied to job in December -- took them 3 weeks to even reach out to me. I was interviewed via phone and then brought in for interviews. The interviews were approximately 45 minutes -- somewhat rushed in my opinion. I found some of the people I interviewed with to be very nice and others to be rather stuffy and full of themselves. The one thing I would point out is the reimbursement process is horrific! Too many cooks in the kitchen and not a very solid process.

Interview Questions

• Interview process was behavioral question based... tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Clinical Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen to a face to face took about 2 weeks to set up. FTF lasted 7 hours. Overall was a great experiences and the interviewer was honest on the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Technical questions with the role you are applying   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with Recruiter

7 back to back Onsite Interviews (30 min each) with Director/Managers

Received Offer the next day

Process took about 1 week

HR was excellent. Kept me updated throughout the
    whole process

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process was smooth and people in Gilead are nice an friendly. Within one day, met 8 folks there. Each for 30mins. Some of them 45mins. No really hard questions. Overall enviroment of Gilead looks nice. Campus is sunny and quiet. Cafe provides great food. all in all people are good.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences in January 2015.

Interview

Got scheduled a phone interview with the Director of Talent Acquisition.

He called in time

Spoke about my experience and what they are looking for

He said he was going on vacation for a week but would get back to me in bringing me in to meet the team face to face

2 weeks has gone by and I email him about following up on the job.

Never got a response to close the loop.

As a recruiter, I am particular in giving feedback so that you don't string along and waste people's time waiting for something that is already gone.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

first step was a phone screen with HR. Next step was 1 on 1 phone interview with the manager. Final step was 1-1 interview with manager (did not get.)

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

I was temp worker at the time position opened. I submitted an online application. After couple of days staffing consultant contacted me to schedule a face to face interview. 7 people interviewed.some of them 1:1 and couple of them are panel.