Gilead Sciences

Updated Dec 20, 2014

3.1

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

I was temp worker at the time position opened. I submitted an online application. After couple of days staffing consultant contacted me to schedule a face to face interview. 7 people interviewed.some of them 1:1 and couple of them are panel.

Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Easy interview with the Scientists ! Tour of lab and got the job!The interview was pretty easy and was not too long. I met with one of the directors and some scientists. They told me about the position and then the tour of the lab. I was asked what did I expect etc but overall easy interview. Its harder for a PhD position !

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Had 2 phone interviews - one with HR and one with the laboratory head. Communication to set up the phone calls was straight forward and I was told I would hear from them. After 3 weeks I emailed the HR manager to ask why I hadn't heard anything and I received no response. Emailed again and was told they thought the laboratory head was still interviewing and they would check and get back to me. This never happened and it has since been 6 months and I still received no response.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Before the full day interview there was a pre interview for an hour. After I passed that they called me for 8am-5pm full days interview. All day interview meeting about 20 people. 30 minute seminar was included as well. Overall a tiring day but was a good time getting to meet people and understanding the culture.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

I applied online to position. I had phone interviews with recruiters first and subsequently with the hiring manager for the position. Then, I was invited onsite for an in person interview with the team members. All in all, the process took about four weeks. I was always made aware of next steps, etc.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

If it is contract to hire. Less Tech questions in Tech Round rounds in IT, there wont be white board . You will go through HR, Technical. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Questions
    Not that bad. IT was market standard

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences in June 2014.

Recruiters are quality, personable professionals. Relevant questions filtering a win-win match. 20 plus interviewers at on-site raised concerns yet provided better sense of team and culture dynamics. Lengthy process, likely "growing pains". Solid company with focused employees whose inputs are validated to ensure continued talent engagement.

Interview Questions
    • After a plethora of business focused question and then "out from left field", and amused by, "Who is your super hero?"   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Common style interview, 8-3pm 1 on 1 interviews, asked to offer solutions to hypothetical scenarios, drilled down on my resume and technical experience. The whole hiring process was very fast, few weeks to an offer. People here seem to have the authority to make decisions. GSK and Genentech took forever (2+ months!) to move through the process.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary and relocation benefits

Senior Manager of Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences in May 2014.

I had 4 phone interviews with the Sourcing team followed by 2 day on site interview and 1 phone interview after because she was traveling during my on site interview.

Interview Questions

After rounds of interview I was given a verbal offer on Friday by the hiring manager and was told the compensation package is under review. On Monday, HR called to tell me that the compensation package is still pending but would like to know if I am willing to accept a Manager title instead? She said after further review the team felt that my experience was light and Gilead is very conservative on titles thus they feel that I would be more successful as a Manager instead of Sr. Manager of Sourcing. I told her I respectfully decline. I am a manager now, either I have the experience or I don't. I applied to the posting for Sr. Manager , after several rounds of interviews and a verbal offer now you tell me my experience is light? Not once was my "light experience" mentioned in rounds of interview. How unprofessional, unorganized.

Senior Manager, Finance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences.

The finance recruiting seem not organized. Recruiter not respond or promised to respond but then didn't. Had to go through hiring manager to get a HR phone interview. The HR phone interview is generic and unenthusiastic. Hiring manager phone interview is better, but seem not experienced with interviews- drilled down many details and all kinds of formatted behavior questions, seem expect very narrow career path and not appreciate diverse experience.

Interview Questions
    • When talked about relationship skills, the hiring manager seem concerned with political relationship. It was confusing to me at the time but it has to show the culture a little bit...   Answer Question