Gilead Sciences Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.1

Contract Proofreader Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a very positive discussion with recruiter concerning the position I was contacted about. He arranged a phone interview within a day. He was most helpful in getting me prepared for the interview, including a list of questions that might be asked of me by the hiring manager. The interview on the phone was a lot more formal than I was prepared for. I was asked a few typical interview questions and then I had a chance to ask some of my own. Towards the end, we started feeling a little more relaxed in our conversation. I soon learned that I would not make it to the next round of interviews.

Director In Pharm Dev & Mfg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Several interviewers used the entire time to complain about the work and/or the management. I liked their honesty, but to have more than 1 person do that was a bad sign. Quite a few of the interviewers had no description of the role and many clearly hadn't looked at my CV before they came in the room. I can't imagine what it must be like when they aren't putting their best image forward.

Interview Questions

• There are so many good candidates out there, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Clinical Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen to a face to face took about 2 weeks to set up. FTF lasted 7 hours. Overall was a great experiences and the interviewer was honest on the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Technical questions with the role you are applying   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with Recruiter

7 back to back Onsite Interviews (30 min each) with Director/Managers

Received Offer the next day

Process took about 1 week

HR was excellent. Kept me updated throughout the
    whole process

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process was smooth and people in Gilead are nice an friendly. Within one day, met 8 folks there. Each for 30mins. Some of them 45mins. No really hard questions. Overall enviroment of Gilead looks nice. Campus is sunny and quiet. Cafe provides great food. all in all people are good.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

I was temp worker at the time position opened. I submitted an online application. After couple of days staffing consultant contacted me to schedule a face to face interview. 7 people interviewed.some of them 1:1 and couple of them are panel.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Before the full day interview there was a pre interview for an hour. After I passed that they called me for 8am-5pm full days interview. All day interview meeting about 20 people. 30 minute seminar was included as well. Overall a tiring day but was a good time getting to meet people and understanding the culture.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

If it is contract to hire. Less Tech questions in Tech Round rounds in IT, there wont be white board . You will go through HR, Technical. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not that bad. IT was market standard

Bioinformatics Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Common style interview, 8-3pm 1 on 1 interviews, asked to offer solutions to hypothetical scenarios, drilled down on my resume and technical experience. The whole hiring process was very fast, few weeks to an offer. People here seem to have the authority to make decisions. GSK and Genentech took forever (2+ months!) to move through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and relocation benefits

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters are quality, personable professionals. Relevant questions filtering a win-win match. 20 plus interviewers at on-site raised concerns yet provided better sense of team and culture dynamics. Lengthy process, likely "growing pains". Solid company with focused employees whose inputs are validated to ensure continued talent engagement.

Interview Questions

• After a plethora of business focused question and then "out from left field", and amused by, "Who is your super hero?"   Answer Question