Gilead Sciences Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.1

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Gilead Sciences in May 2012.

1 phone interview with HR
    1 phone interview with hiring manager
    6 in person interviews from sr. associate to director level from early morning through the afternoon
    1lunch interview
    Same type of questions from all 6 individuals
    Each interview was 1/2 hour and took the entire time

N/a

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

If it is contract to hire. Less Tech questions in Tech Round rounds in IT, there wont be white board . You will go through HR, Technical. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Questions
    Not that bad. IT was market standard

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gilead Sciences in June 2014.

Recruiters are quality, personable professionals. Relevant questions filtering a win-win match. 20 plus interviewers at on-site raised concerns yet provided better sense of team and culture dynamics. Lengthy process, likely "growing pains". Solid company with focused employees whose inputs are validated to ensure continued talent engagement.

Interview Questions
    • After a plethora of business focused question and then "out from left field", and amused by, "Who is your super hero?"   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gilead Sciences in May 2014.

I had 4 phone interviews with the Sourcing team followed by 2 day on site interview and 1 phone interview after because she was traveling during my on site interview.

Interview Questions

After rounds of interview I was given a verbal offer on Friday by the hiring manager and was told the compensation package is under review. On Monday, HR called to tell me that the compensation package is still pending but would like to know if I am willing to accept a Manager title instead? She said after further review the team felt that my experience was light and Gilead is very conservative on titles thus they feel that I would be more successful as a Manager instead of Sr. Manager of Sourcing. I told her I respectfully decline. I am a manager now, either I have the experience or I don't. I applied to the posting for Sr. Manager , after several rounds of interviews and a verbal offer now you tell me my experience is light? Not once was my "light experience" mentioned in rounds of interview. How unprofessional, unorganized.

Bioinformatics Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Common style interview, 8-3pm 1 on 1 interviews, asked to offer solutions to hypothetical scenarios, drilled down on my resume and technical experience. The whole hiring process was very fast, few weeks to an offer. People here seem to have the authority to make decisions. GSK and Genentech took forever (2+ months!) to move through the process.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary and relocation benefits

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gilead Sciences in May 2014.

My experience was very positive. My contacts were very clear about the time and format of the phone interview. They were very nice, informative, and helpful. It did not seem in any way that they were out to trip me up. They really want to know above all that you are serious about the position, and not just 1) using at leverage 2) using it to jump off to a different career. If you are interested, and qualified you will have a positive experience. I have an onsite interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't really a difficult question, I just misunderstood because I wasn't expecting it. They wanted to know what type of instrumentation I was familiar with.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

The interview process was long and repetitive. Interviewed with several senior scientists, 4 or 5 directors, several department managers and the vice president. One person every 30 minutes from 8am until 4 am. It was exhausting. Be well rested and do your homework about the company and practicing interview questions if you want to do well!

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your background and experience benefiting what we do here?   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

The initial contact was made through the university program director. I reached out to demonstrate interest in the internship and received a telephone response immediately with a request for an interview. I interviewed with every engineer in the department as well as the associate director for a half hour each.I had little exposure to the industry having just joined the program, but the interviewers were very understanding. I received word promptly within a few days that they were extending me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being new to the field, many questions were challenging, but nothing stood out as especially onerous.   Answer Question
    I was offered a contract as an intern. The salary was as I expected for the position so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Contractor Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gilead Sciences in August 2013.

Fairly short and sweet. Reasonable questions. Some interviewers were difficult to understand due to thick accent.

Was able to negotiate a $2/hr increase over stated maximum

Therapeutic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

A drawn out mish mash of hoop jumping and BS

They lowball.

Worked for Gilead Sciences? Contribute to the Community!