Gilly Hicks Impact Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gilly Hicks (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I was approached by an employee while shopping and was given a small card with information about the store and how to apply. Group interviews are conducted Tuesdays and Fridays at 4pm. You choose your day. I was only with one other girl. It was a very laid back interview, we were asked 3 questions each. The entire interview process took about 10-15 minutes. A couple days later I got a call from the store offering the position to me. They do a background check once you accept the position and they call you back to set up a day to come in for orientation.

Dress like the girls in the store. Casual and clean. Dress as close to the look policy as you can so the interviewer can envision you working at the store. Pink/red polish or french tips on the toes ONLY, no polish on the nails at all. No clothes that have any logos from other "rival" brands (according to my interviewer, not even Abercrombie/Hollister logos is allowed). Minimal makeup and your natural hair.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity to you and is it important in the workplace? Why or why not?   Answer Question
  • Explain about a time where you had to do something in a little amount of time, while being as accurate as possible.   Answer Question
  • Explain a time where you had to work in a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; minimum wage

Other Interview Reviews for Gilly Hicks

Impact Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in November 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal

Impact Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in November 2010.

Interview

Went to the weekly interview date two other girls were there for an interview as well we waited until three managers came to us and walked us outside the store to a table seating area in the mall three of us sat opposite of three managers where they asked us a series of questions that we each answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to take initiative.   Answer Question

Impact Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in July 2009.

Interview

Signed up for interview online (i was recruited in the store previously and was given a link/password to fill out application online and pick interview date) Interview was pretty easy. You are interviewed in a group. Everyone is asked the same questions. I think hiring is based a lot on looks ("Abercrombie" look - navy blue tank top, dark skinny jeans, brown flip flops)