Gilly Hicks

Updated Jul 28, 2014

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in June 2013.

I walked into the store and asked how to apply, so I got the code and signed up online for Tuesday. I wore all GH stuff to my interview, so a white top and blue cardigan and flip flops, but since they only sell sweats I decided to wear Hollister jeans, cuffed. Make sure to arrive early so you make a good impression. In my interview there were 3 people including me, 2 people applying for the Model position and then me for Impact. I had worked for Hollister for a year beforehand, so I knew all of the questions for the Model position, but the Impact ones were different. Know a good time when you worked as a team with other people, and one time when you were pressed for time on a task but still had to do a good job. Then of course, know why diversity is important in the workplace. Be bubbly and smile a lot, and be confident in your answers.

At the end of my interview the manager said she'd call us in a week when we got the job. They called me that Saturday and said orientation was on Sunday at 9. It was a little stressful to wait that long, especially with prior experience, but I guess getting the job in the end was all that matters. You get one free outfit when you go to orientation.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to work under time constraints but still do a good job.   View Answer
I didn't negotiate, it's just a small summer job.

Other Interview Reviews for Gilly Hicks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in December 2012.

I went into the store where I asked if they were hiring and very kindly I was directed to the cash register. When I asked the girl there, she gave me the link to the website and the password needed to enter the application. I filled out the application and chose my interview date. The day before the interview, the manager called me to confirm my interview.

The day of my interview I made sure to dress according to their style and look policy, a big part of that is having a very natural look. I went to the cash register and told them I had an interview. They directed me to the couches in the living room where I could wait. There was four of us in the living room, one guy and the rest of us girls. After about five minutes the manager came in and asked us all the positions we were applying for, everyone except for one girl was applying for the impact position. The manager led the girl applying for the model position outside where she was going to be interviewed first.

About five minutes later she came back to lead the rest of outside for our group interview. Our interview was in a corner in front of the store next to the seating they had in front of it. (We interviewed outside because inside the store they play loud music and my guess is the don't have a designated room or space for interviewing.) The manager introduced herself and explained that she would go around asking us the same three questions and that she would be writing down our responses (She was very friendly throughout the entire process). After the she was done asking each one of us the questions for our intereview, she thanked us shook our hands and told us that we would hear from them within a week if we got the job.

The next day I got a call from the manager offering me the job, which I accepted, and asked me to come in for orientation the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    • What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to work in a group.   Answer Question
    • Explain about a time where you had to do something in a little amount of time, while being as accurate as possible.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation; pay is minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Gilly Hicks holds group interviews. Questions included: define diversity and what it means to you, describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge, describe a time when you had to work in a team, and more.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. I just found it difficult that since this was a group interview, if you are one of the last ones answering the questions, it can get difficult to think of an answer to a question when most people have already said what you wanted to say.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in September 2012.

Interview was chill, yes the managers write down your answers to the interview questions but they already know who they are going to hire. Very basic questions just smile and be "upbeat" and you're hired. They also hire based on looks.

Interview Questions
    • Explain diversity and its importance in the work environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in July 2010.

Asked questions and looked at your style to see if you fit their look. Asked you to say a line to see if they can picture you working there. Some interviews may be groups or solo depending on the day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be if you were hire with your friend. Would you be distracted? Would a fight between you two change the way you work together?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Team Impact Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gilly Hicks in June 2008.

Had a group interview with other candidates and a supervisor. Supervisor explained the company, and interviewed us in smaller groups in about 3-4 people. Asked if interested in model position (cashiering, greeting, on the floor duties) or impact team member position (work in the back with, stock room maintenance, fixing displays/folding clothes).. but model position requires a "certain look".

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and why is it good in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Job was set at minimum wage pay.