Gilt Groupe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took about 2 weeks with a recruiter calling me first followed by a phone screen with the IT Director. After I passed the phone screen I was called in for a 4 hour interview that involved meeting about 15 different IT engineers, managers and the founder himself. Long day but a good process that gives you a feel for what the job will be like.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations are needed.

Assistant Merchandise Planner Interview

Assistant Merchandise Planner
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had been really interested in Gilt for a while and was excited to see they had planning positions open. I originally applied for a merchandise planner, but the recruiter said the team thought I didn't have quite enough experience yet, but asked me to apply for an assistant planner position. I was really excited and of course I'd do any job they wanted me to! I met with 4 different planners and had great interviews with everyone (at least I thought so...) but afterword it was radio silence. I emailed a couple of times to follow up and a month later the recruiter said they were still in the interview process but she'd definitely keep me updated. Well, I never heard back. It's been 3 months so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. I even checked Jobvite and it says my application is in process still. One of the Planning Managers mentioned during the interview that I was probably a little over qualified, so I guess that's why I didn't get it.

Anyway, I recently accepted a better position at a competitor. I would have LOVED to work here, but the whole leaving me hanging indefinitely kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully that doesn't happen to everyone!

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Email Marketing Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in March 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interviewer was late by twenty minutes, which set the interview period to take about an hour and a half. The questions were alright but could have been better prepared. They weren't skill-specific, mostly personality directed.

Interview Question – It was more along the lines of where the candidate wanted to go with their career.   Answer Question

Assistant Merch Planner Interview

Assistant Merch Planner
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in December 2013.

Interview Details – Gilt could not have been better. My first interview was over the phone with a recruiter. The first phone conversation asks about your current salary, which I appreciated getting out of the way. I could tell from talking to her how much she loved Gilt and how excited she was to go to work everyday, she took me from considering Gilt to ranking Gilt very high on my list. The recruiters are very honest, kind and direct, you should feel comfortbale asking them your questions.
The second interview is in person with your potential boss and director. They ask both questions you expect and other intelligent thoughtful questions. The questons are not to trap you, but to see how you think and start an interesting conversation. Talking to the team and learning about the exciting work they are doing only makes you want to work for Gilt more.
There is then a third final round where you meet more people from your team and also people from other teams to see if you are a good fit. The interview were all efficient and timely, and the interviewers were all friendly and happy to chat but made sure they got their questions across. There was another member on the team who clearly loved her job so much that she took Gilt from being my first choice to being absolutely determined to work with her. At the end of the interview, my potential boss checked in on me just to see how I felt and if I had any questions.
Unfortunately I did not get the first job I interviewed for, and a couple hours before I found out I did not get the positon I wanted the recruiters had already reached out to me to interview for 3 different positions. I came back and had all my interviews in one day. The heads of the departments were all very open to chat with me about which job would be a better fit. I was blown away that management was so willing to take the time to give their advice.
Both the recruiters and management went out of there way to help me both during the interview process and when it was time to make a decision on which job to take. Gilt clearly was a great place to grow, filled with bright, over-achieving, eager people--and best of all, you actually want to be friends with them outside of work!

Interview Question – What skills do you want to develop?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Merchandise Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in July 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a employee referral. I first had a brief interview over the phone with HR. The interview was brief and none of the questions were complicated. It was basically a quick get to know each other interview to see if I was qualified and aware of what the position entailed. I later was asked to come in and have 2 interviews, 30 min. each. The first interviewer was from the Buyer, who obviously had experience interviewing. The questions were pretty standard. The second interviewer, an Assistant was a bit tough. She seemed shy and unsure of herself, but otherwise the interview was fairly straight forward.

Interview Question – Name some brands you thing we should acquire and why.   Answer Question

Withheld Interview

Withheld
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gilt Groupe.

Interview Details – Internal opportunity and received recommendation for the position from my manager. Interview process consisted of three separate days of interviewing. Met with five different people in total. Pleasant experience. Very conversational interviews. Second day of interviewing required that I meet with three different people. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Explain how your background matches the role as you understand it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated. Much lower than I wanted, but much higher than initial offer. Accepted second offer.

Gilt Groupe Anonymous Interview

Gilt Groupe Anonymous

Interviewed at Gilt Groupe

Interview Details – 4 total rounds, including phone with HR and in-person interviews with multiple teammembers for 2-3 hours at a time.

Interview Question – Case study on the spot   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in July 2013.

Interview Details – The process was unprofessional. HR Staff was not very responsive. An interview was scheduled, postponed for a month, then canceled without explanation. I followed up with the human resources rep, but didn't receive any reply after the cancelation.

Interview Question – Interview cancelation...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gilt Groupe in February 2014.

Interview Details – Responded back to me via email about 2 weeks after I submitted my resume for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Support Associate Interview

Customer Support Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Gilt Groupe.

Interview Details – HR called me on the phone, then I had an in person interview. All the candidates interviewed on a same day. And the same day i got an offer.

Interview Question – If customer gets extremely agitated, how do you reassure and comfort him?   Answer Question

Worked for Gilt Groupe? Contribute to the Community!