Gilt Groupe Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I've been on a lot of interviews - some positive and some negative but never have I had such a horrible experience. I interviewed with 2 people who were very nice and informative. I was ready to leave when the second interviewer told me he would get someone else to come meet me. I sat in the room for about 40 minutes at which point I really had to go back to my current job. I walked over to reception to ask what happened and she emailed my second interviewer. A few moments later she told me I can leave. I am a completely practical person - I have NO issues dealing with rejection - it's a learning process and a way to get to know your strengths and weaknesses but seriously Gilt??

Interview Questions

• Have you used Business Intelligence tools in the past   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

Initiated application process through employee referral. Then applied online through the company's careers page. First had to go through a self-recording interview. Then invited to visit the NY office to go through two in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions -- Please walk me through your resume, how do you think you can contribute to the role that you're applying, etc.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with 3 members of the BD Team for a half hour each. They were all very nice, and seemed bright. All 3 expressed that it's a challenging position and if you're used to selling on a daily basis this is not the role for you, as it takes several months to close deals.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role? Give an example of a brand you would try to acquire, and how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

This had to be the worse and confusing recruiting process I've ever dealt with. I applied to the Distribution Associate on 6/26/2013. I got an email from the recruiter about three days later, we then scheduled a phone interview and from there she said she was going to contact me in two days to schedule an in-person interview. After the two days passed I decided to follow up and she then scheduled my interview. The interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews, on the day of the interview the recruiter contacted me and said one of the interviewees will not be in. I was ecstatic since that was one less person I would have to impress. After the interview, which went very well in my oppinion I was told by the distribution manager that I would hear from them in a few days little did i know that a few days actullay meant a few months. I waited and waited to get any kind of update from someone to put me out of my misery. I checked on jobvite almost everyday hoping that something would be different. It came to a point that I wouldve been ok even if they didnt hire as long as the anticipation was gone. After 2 months I contacted the recruiter and not once did she find the time to enlighten me. Fast forward a couple days after I check my jobvite and job status changes from "In Process" to "Closed". I couldnt tell you how confused and pissed off I was from this. What the hell does closed mean? Did I not get hired? Are you not hiring for the position? etc. With my frustration I decided to contact the negligible recruiter once again and she finally decided to reply to my email and inform me that the team is no longer in need of help. I don't know if Gilt Groupe was too punk to just say you weren't hired or what but when I first applied they were looking for not just one distribution associate but two and now you're in need of none? Makes no sense to me but all in all I am relieved and happy that it is no longer hanging over my head and I can now move on from Gilt Groupe.

Withheld Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

Internal opportunity and received recommendation for the position from my manager. Interview process consisted of three separate days of interviewing. Met with five different people in total. Pleasant experience. Very conversational interviews. Second day of interviewing required that I meet with three different people. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background matches the role as you understand it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated. Much lower than I wanted, but much higher than initial offer. Accepted second offer.

Interview

4 total rounds, including phone with HR and in-person interviews with multiple teammembers for 2-3 hours at a time.

Assistant Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I had been really interested in Gilt for a while and was excited to see they had planning positions open. I originally applied for a merchandise planner, but the recruiter said the team thought I didn't have quite enough experience yet, but asked me to apply for an assistant planner position. I was really excited and of course I'd do any job they wanted me to! I met with 4 different planners and had great interviews with everyone (at least I thought so...) but afterword it was radio silence. I emailed a couple of times to follow up and a month later the recruiter said they were still in the interview process but she'd definitely keep me updated. Well, I never heard back. It's been 3 months so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. I even checked Jobvite and it says my application is in process still. One of the Planning Managers mentioned during the interview that I was probably a little over qualified, so I guess that's why I didn't get it. Anyway, I recently accepted a better position at a competitor. I would have LOVED to work here, but the whole leaving me hanging indefinitely kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully that doesn't happen to everyone!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Responded back to me via email about 2 weeks after I submitted my resume for a phone interview.

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

HR called me on the phone, then I had an in person interview. All the candidates interviewed on a same day. And the same day i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• If customer gets extremely agitated, how do you reassure and comfort him?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interview

Very relaxed- phone interview then in person. mostly seeing how you fit in