Girl Scouts USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Hiring process included a phone interview and two in-person interviews. While most of the information discussed during the interview was correct, the job did not live up to the expectations outlined during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate a higher salary - they would not budge.

Director of Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA in June 2014.

Extensive interview. Well organized and professional and met with every logical contact person internally. Received in-depth information about the company and culture as a result. The 'trick' question, however was a bit petty and unnecessary, in my opinion. It doesn't necessarily weed out bad employees, just promotes mistrust of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • was required to repeat verbatim information rather than 'conceptual'   Answer Question

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lima, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

I applied online and was called for a phone interview three days later on a Friday. That following Tuesday I had a interview with a panel of three. It was over 2 hours. After the 2nd interview they said that they would call be in about a week and schedule a 3rd. I got called the next day and on Friday I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you would develop a successful community plan   Answer Question
    There was a range that they offered and because of my past experience I was offered the top of that range.

Membership Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Phone Interview with H.R. Rep after sending a copy of my resume in via the website, had an in person interview approximately 2+ weeks later with Regional Directors at local council office.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Girl Scouts? Why would you be an asset to our organization?   Answer Question
    No negation.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA in November 2013.

Sent my resume via email, then had a phone interview with recruiter. After that I was called by the Chairman of the Board for a 1:1 interview with the Board of Directors that never followed through, due to Christmas holidays.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know a lot about challenges and mishaps experienced at other workplaces, once I thought the question had been answered they kept going back to the same point.   View Answer

Community Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Phone interview and then skype interview with direct supervisor and COO. Lots of "Tell me about..." questions. Focused mostly on different types of community development partnerships with local governments, schools and other not for profits and what you would like to do.

Interview Questions
    • On the spot program you would put together on a certain topic and why   View Answer
    Yes but there was not much more that I was offered at last

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA in September 2013.

Got back to me very quickly. Went in to have an interview. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about prior work experience and why I would be fit for the position. Everyone in the environment is very welcoming and friendly. Very relaxed and informal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you fit for the job? How does your past work experience contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Had to complete a personality assessment, was called in for two interviews. Ultimately they decided not to fill the decision and took weeks to inform me.

Field Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montclair, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA in August 2013.

The hiring process was slow. I applied in March and then again in June for the same position and did not get called for an interview until August. First met with the head of HR and then the CEO. About a week later I was called back on the status of my application and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst situation you got yourself into and how did you get yourself out.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I would suggest to prepare yourself that this is an non-profit, so there is a lot of work for no negotiating your salary.

Vonlunteer Support Coordinator/Membership Executive Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Applied mid-May, they contacted me after three weeks to schedule an interview and were willing to work around my work schedule. It then took a little over a week to hear anything, and seemed like internal communication might not be the best - had sent references and was asked for them again by another staff member. Kind of an odd interview... interviewer seemed a bit unsure of what information she was trying to gather even though she was using a template that seemed to have standardized questions. She was also super pregnant and it was the end of the day, so that could have had something to do with it.

Interview Questions
    • There is another new position open that you might be a good fit for, which one would you prefer?   Answer Question

Worked for Girl Scouts USA? Contribute to the Community!