Girl Scouts USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Individual Giving Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

The Girl Scouts were very nice to interview with. Their recruiter is very sweet. She was very up front with me about the salary which was undesirable given that they are in the DC area and that wouldn't allow me to afford anything. The process started with a pre-screening phone interview then it moved to an in-person interview with the recruiter and the Director of Development, then I went on to the meeting with the CEO and she was wonderful. Ultimately, they decided to go with an internal person, which is fine given the salary didn't meet my requirement. The only reason I went through the trouble was because I was a Girl Scout and had a personal connection to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the Girl Scouts?   1 Answer

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through CareerBuilder, 4 days later phone interview with HR, week later, face to face w/HR and dept manager. Conversational type with approx. 10 questions. Not mundane. No strength, weakness, or where do you expect to be in 5 Yrs. Both were very pleasant and professional. Offices were very nice. Was told I would here in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Really were no difficult questions. Good to ask a lot of questions of your own.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Hiring process included a phone interview and two in-person interviews. While most of the information discussed during the interview was correct, the job did not live up to the expectations outlined during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate a higher salary - they would not budge.

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Lima, OH).

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview three days later on a Friday. That following Tuesday I had a interview with a panel of three. It was over 2 hours. After the 2nd interview they said that they would call be in about a week and schedule a 3rd. I got called the next day and on Friday I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you would develop a successful community plan   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a range that they offered and because of my past experience I was offered the top of that range.

Membership Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Phone Interview with H.R. Rep after sending a copy of my resume in via the website, had an in person interview approximately 2+ weeks later with Regional Directors at local council office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Girl Scouts? Why would you be an asset to our organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation.

Community Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Phone interview and then skype interview with direct supervisor and COO. Lots of "Tell me about..." questions. Focused mostly on different types of community development partnerships with local governments, schools and other not for profits and what you would like to do.

Interview Questions

• On the spot program you would put together on a certain topic and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes but there was not much more that I was offered at last

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA in June 2014.

Interview

Extensive interview. Well organized and professional and met with every logical contact person internally. Received in-depth information about the company and culture as a result. The 'trick' question, however was a bit petty and unnecessary, in my opinion. It doesn't necessarily weed out bad employees, just promotes mistrust of leadership.

Interview Questions

• was required to repeat verbatim information rather than 'conceptual'   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Had to complete a personality assessment, was called in for two interviews. Ultimately they decided not to fill the decision and took weeks to inform me.

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Applied mid-May, they contacted me after three weeks to schedule an interview and were willing to work around my work schedule. It then took a little over a week to hear anything, and seemed like internal communication might not be the best - had sent references and was asked for them again by another staff member. Kind of an odd interview... interviewer seemed a bit unsure of what information she was trying to gather even though she was using a template that seemed to have standardized questions. She was also super pregnant and it was the end of the day, so that could have had something to do with it.

Interview Questions

• There is another new position open that you might be a good fit for, which one would you prefer?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Easy Process

Interview Questions

• Explain how a process change you implemented effected the staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation