Givaudan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Operator Interview

Production Operator
Carthage, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Givaudan in May 2012.

Interview Details – i had one interview with company i started as a temporary thru an agency i was a temp for a year and after hard work and no benefits i finally got hired on i was happy because i have a family to take care and now that i have esperience in the field im ready to move on and recieve better pay for my hard work and dedication

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Givaudan in March 2010.

Interview Details – Loose, not well organized or disciplined

Interview Question – What will you do in your first 8 weeks/   View Answer

Negotiation Details – conducted with recruiter. was fair.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Environmental Specialist
East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Givaudan in February 2012.

Interview Details – The initial communication was via telephone call. The questions were formulated to challenge your technical knowledge or expertise. If you pass the screening phone call then you are cited to a face to face interview with a panel comprise by managers & supervisors. If the panel want you then HR will contact you with the offer letter.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was one related to a behavior based safety & time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate directly with the head of operations.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Givaudan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interviews with multiple layers of site and regional leadership. Typically 3-4 different panels consisting of 2 per panel. Interviews with site management team, including various department managers, site directors, and sometimes regional manager. Usually follows the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, and Result).

Interview Question – Pretty much standard interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The HR group is improving, but is spread pretty thin (high turnover - they're constantly needing to fill positions). Sometimes communication is pretty poor. That being said make sure that you get EVERYTHING in writing, and hold out for what you want - if they think you're a good candidate than they'll do what it takes to bring you on board.

Compounder Interview

Compounder
Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Givaudan in May 2011.

Interview Details – she already had someone in mind and you could just tell she was just going through the motions

Interview Question – why do think you would be the best canidate?   View Answer

Neuroscientist Interview

Neuroscientist
Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Givaudan in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. One telephone interview with HR Manager and 2 Senior Scientists, followed by an assessment day at Givaudan.

Assessment day consisted of:
A Competency Based Interview
An assessment of your ability to read and summarise an academic paper
A 20 minute presentation + questions
Tour of facility and lunch

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions about your strengths/ weaknesses, preferred working style, creativity in difficult situations. Relatively casual   Answer Question

Encapsulation Scientist Interview

Encapsulation Scientist
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Givaudan in July 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was with the team of encapsulation Technology and Fragrance. They ask to do a presentation of 30 min about "what ever you want". I chose to present my experience and what I can offer to them, but I dont know what they were expecting???
The audience was about 8 people. The role of the boss of the team was to destabilized the presentation by strange comments and questions.
At the end of the presentation I answer the questions not only about my presentation also about my aspirations and about the company.
Then I got an interview with the leader of the team and the project manager that I was suppose to work during 1h30. During this time the presentation was also challenge, a lot of destabilize questions but at the same time very motivated with the behavior of my interlocutors.
The final meeting was with the human resources. The final information about the job position did not correspond the initial information that I got from the last two meetings.

I got a very hard time to contact again the human ressources but finally after one months I got the answer.

Interview Question – Why we have to hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – In other country

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Givaudan

Interview Details – 3 rounds of telephonic interview

Worked for Givaudan? Contribute to the Community!