Givaudan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Very straightforward - an attempt to learn more about my background and interests. Connected with my potential supervisor over the phone and talked about my major, what my passions/interests were and what interested me most about Givaudan.

OLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

I first had an interview on campus, which was pretty basic. It was done with 2 individuals from Operations. The entire interview was situation questions "Tell me about a time when you..." with no real curveballs. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment. From there I was invited to East Hanover for their second & final round of interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. The people were all very friendly, kind and professional. Only one difficult interview questions highlighted below. Most of the interviews were just going over your resume/experiences and accomplishments. You also have time to ask the interviewers any questions you want. The most difficult part of the process is the Case Study. They put us in teams of 3 and gave us about 80 minutes to work through a solution to a complex problem and make a presentation about it. Ours was something along the lines of: The company is switching over its computer system - step by step describe the plan to implement this and all its effects. We presented later in the day and got essentially grilled - but it was not as bad as it could have been. I certainly learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to compromise your moral or ethical values to reach an end goal."   Answer Question

Consumer Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, upper management in development team, and hr. Very slow response

Interview Questions

• Give an example of previous project from beginning to end   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Givaudan (Carthage, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

i had one interview with company i started as a temporary thru an agency i was a temp for a year and after hard work and no benefits i finally got hired on i was happy because i have a family to take care and now that i have esperience in the field im ready to move on and recieve better pay for my hard work and dedication

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was via telephone call. The questions were formulated to challenge your technical knowledge or expertise. If you pass the screening phone call then you are cited to a face to face interview with a panel comprise by managers & supervisors. If the panel want you then HR will contact you with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was one related to a behavior based safety & time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate directly with the head of operations.

Compounder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

she already had someone in mind and you could just tell she was just going through the motions

Interview Questions

• why do think you would be the best canidate?   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Loose, not well organized or disciplined

Interview Questions

• What will you do in your first 8 weeks/   1 Answer

Negotiation

conducted with recruiter. was fair.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Panel interviews with multiple layers of site and regional leadership. Typically 3-4 different panels consisting of 2 per panel. Interviews with site management team, including various department managers, site directors, and sometimes regional manager. Usually follows the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, and Result).

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR group is improving, but is spread pretty thin (high turnover - they're constantly needing to fill positions). Sometimes communication is pretty poor. That being said make sure that you get EVERYTHING in writing, and hold out for what you want - if they think you're a good candidate than they'll do what it takes to bring you on board.

Liquid Compounder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan (Newark, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

was hired through a temp agency, worked my tail off for seven months and eventually got an offer to be hired full time in an entry level position. after a year i was evaluated and promoted multiple times

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

There was a phone interview before the interview in the company. I had to prepare a presentation on a specific topic, summarize a scientific article and finally had a competencies interview.