Tagged
about.tagged.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Tagged Analytics/Reporting Interview Question

I interviewed in San Francisco, CA and was asked:
"Given a 100 story building and 2 eggs which you know will break at the same floor every time when dropped, find the exact floor where the eggs will break."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Analytics/Reporting Interview Review - one of 28 Tagged Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Recursion algorithm: start at first even floor, drop egg. If no break, move up to next even floor. If break, move down one floor and test. If 2nd egg breaks on odd floor, that is the floor where eggs break. If 2nd egg doesn't break on odd floor, then the +1 even floor is the correct floor.

Was told a b-tree or similar solution was not actually correct by the interviewer but it would have worked just as well to pick a starting point instead of starting from base level.
- Interview Candidate on Jul 22, 2011 Flag Response
of 0
votes
Why are we doing recursive analysis of what floor the egg is going to break on, when it's not going to do anything until it hits the ground or an unfortunate window washer or seagull?
- Humpty Dumpty on Apr 20, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tagged – Why Work for Us?

Careers at Tagged. Tagged makes social discovery products that enable anyone to meet and socialize with new people. We facilitate over 100 million new social connections every month. Anyone. Anywhere. Anytime. We are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tagged interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Tagged employees and interview candidates.