Glass Lewis & Co Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.4

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co.

Interview

Very fast at getting back to you. Process is fair, and if you know the language around high school or middle school level, such as being able to understand newspapers of the language you're applying for, you should be fine with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Skills test is the most difficult (reading comprehension)   Answer Question

Couldn't commit to work over-time.

Proxy Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co in December 2014.

Interview

I had an hour long interview and was asked numerous questions, I think it was a fair process and was rigorous. I had questions concerning my educational background, future goals, positions I am interested in, relocation, etc. I also had to give an online comprehension test which I believe, was challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The entire was unexpectedly easy. I applied on LinkedIn and HR contacted me to have an on-site interview. The interview was easy, just few basic questions about your previous experience and an one-hour language test. Basically, just read 2 Chinese article and answer few questions in English.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co.

Interview

After sending my application, I was invited for a very short Skype Interview, where a manager spent most of the time explaining what the position was about.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer some questions and write a report about a 15 or 20 pages English-written bank report in about 30 minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview questions are normal and expected.
    The skill test is not hard if you are familiar with the language you are applying to.

Proxy Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They're desperate for bodies, and they'll hire just about anyone who can breathe. If you speak another language, they'll hire you for that team, too (2 for 1 mentality). Just make sure you can read some of the key terms in the language you interview for (check out a publicly available proxy statement for an example of what you'll need to understand). Girls who walk in, expect to be ogled. There's a very college vibe when 'the new batch' arrives each year.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Proxy Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was interesting. It was administered by two young-ish men, and was very straight-forward-- no real curve balls or questions that had me scrambling. Many of the questions were specific to my previous experience as a researcher. They also asked if I knew anything about proxy research. This should go without saying, but poke around on their website and ready some of the sample research reports if you're serious about the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a "written" (on the computer) test, but it was based mostly on reading comprehension and was fair.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call. Went in for an interview. Nothing too serious, was interviewed 1st by 2 research analysts, and then by the team leader. The total time was about 50mins - 1 hr

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two full-time Research Analysts who asked most behavioral questions. Afterwards there was a reading comprehension and math-based test to gauge your understanding of basic financial terms and legal jargon. Anyone who has taken a standardized test shouldn't be concerned.

Proxy Research Analyst Interview

Interview

very positive experience. mixed english and target language interview with direct supervisors and middle management. three people and one room. pretty typical questions and very interested in listening to your responses. including test lasted about 40 minutes or so. in general, not high stress unless you make it so. mainly they are looking to see if you are going to be someone easy to work with and get along with your coworkers and can you pass the test

Interview Questions

• two translation exercises, which looking back do a pretty good job of indicating whether you have the reading ability and understanding necessary for the job. perfect response is not expected, just to see that you have a general ability in line with their needs.   Answer Question