Glassdoor

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview Details – I had heard great things about working at Glassdoor from a former colleague/friend so I was excited to be offered an interview. The entire process only took 3 days, which I feel was expedited because I was referred. The initial contact (email) from the recruiter was prompt, professional, and enthusiastic. She scheduled me to come In the next day, where I met with one of the sales managers as well as the Head of Sales. I had a 1:1 with each of them, one before lunch and one after lunch (yes, I was invited to join the rest of the team for a sit down meal. Awesome.) Everyone I spoke with was passionate about Glassdoor's mission, which made me even more excited to join the team.

Interview Question – How do you determine which account gets priority?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview Details – I applied online and was immediately sent an email to schedule a phone screen. It was very basic, nothing out of the ordinary, just discussing background, what my strengths/weaknesses are. I was then brought in for a one on one with several team members. Everything was very conversational and focused on my background and what I felt I could bring to the team.

The next step was a remote sales presentation. The team sent over the criteria and what they would be looking for; everything else was up to me. It was pretty basic, but they just want to see how you compose yourself and what your "style" is.

I then had a final interview with the Director of Sales. That was the only part with some odd ball questions, but nothing too extreme.

I received an offer that evening (which I happily accepted)!

Interview Question – Be prepared to discuss your work history and your skills. Also, be prepared to discuss "you" on a more personal level (what makes you unique).   Answer Question

Sausalito, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Glassdoor in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of an hour long phone conversation. I was asked about my proficiency in excel and if I was familiar with pivot tables and ok working in excel daily. The second interview was in person where I met with three people, including the CEO of the company. In my in person meeting, we went through the day to day at Glassdoor and how my skill set would fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary, but I was able to negotiate equity and get much more than originally offered. When I asked for more equity a second time, the second request wasn't honored but I still got more from the original amount offered and they were not upset at all with my requests.

Account Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in May 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed first with Readyforce - I submitted an application, and then they had me take an assessment. Once I passed that, I had a video interview with Readyforce. Once they showed my video to people at Glassdoor, they opted to interview me. I first spoke with the Director of Sales on the phone, and then the following week spoke with the Sales Operations Lead. They then decided to bring me in for a face to face with both the Sales Operations Lead and the VP of Sales.

My interviews were all pretty straightforward, and so was my offer letter. I think my process took a little longer than most, only because I went through Readyforce. The actual interviews weren't difficult, as I found I was able to easily answer their questions ... and I was also able to find some really common ground with one of my interviewers, which made things a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
  • If a company wanted to be able to track where each person who clicks on a link on a webpage comes from, how would they do that?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Glassdoor in May 2011.

Interview Details – applied for the job through Ready Force. 48hrs after I applied I received an email from Ready Force saying that based on my experience they would like me to do a skills test. Took the skills test next i was asked to set up a time for an interview. At this point I had the choice to pick an inperson interview or an interview online. I went with the online interview, which I loved since it allowed me to set up an interview very easily around the times that I work. I was able to even set up an interview on a Saturday! The only thing that I found hard about the online interview was that I am not use to looking into a camera on a computer so it would do me so good to get more comfortable with that. All and all I loved the flexibility on setting up an interview, as well as the skills test.

Interview Question – How do you build relationships with accounts?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by a recruiter. After they reviewed my background, resume and accomplishments they contact Glassdoor to find out if they were interested in me. Two days later, I had a phone interview with the Dir of Sales. Two days after that, I had a on-site interview with Robert the CEO. The interview last roughly an hour and a half, and covered my professional and personal background, my technical skills, and my personality. Robert showed me some of the product, and we talked about some current defects that they are facing, and I provided some off-the-cuff suggestions on how to address those concerns.

At the end of the meeting, Robert asked me if I had any other offers on the table, and provided a verbal offer to me. He committed a formal offer letter that night, and within a few hours I had it sitting in email. The day the offer was signed, Robert invited me and my wife to the company holiday party, which was that night. It was a perfect gesture to the openness and personality of the company, and a great way to break the ice with my co-workers before even my official first day of work!

When I walked into the office for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised to find the environment and culture that I was expecting, after researching the company, and reading the reviews and stories cataloged here on the site from other employees.

Interview Question – One problem that we face is the Job titles that are returned when someone issues a search, or the flip side, when someone enters a search term in some jobs are not found. How would you suggest fixing this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on the initial offering. Do your research prior to coming to your meeting, and review salaries from similar positions in the same sector and industry. Know your worth!

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!