Glassdoor

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Customer Success Manager Interview

Associate Customer Success Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Glassdoor in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received an email via Jobvite regarding a phone interview from the Director of Customer Success. I responded and the following day received another email specifying a 30 minute appointment time (11:00AM - 11:30AM) the next day. The director called me at promptly and was courteous and professional. Initially, she asked the following two questions: 1. Tell me about yourself, your previous position, what you know about Glassdoor, and why you fit the role and the company. (Yes, all at once. The wording might have been different.) 2: What do you know about our product. She then asked if I had questions for her but I suspect she was already finished with me. I asked a few questions and discussed her answers a bit. At about 11:15 she indicated she had another commitment in 5 minutes and had one last question regarding salary requirements. I answered and said good bye and thank you. The next morning, I received a typical form letter of rejection from the recruiting team.

I think it is great that a possible future boss does the phone interview. I believe this is typical of Glassdoor at this time. I'm still not sure if the interview was only supposed to be 15 minutes or if she didn't like what she heard. I suspect the latter. I had prepared for both questions but still thought they were both a little broad, especially the first. It forced me to answer each question without feedback which made it impossible to gauge whether I was giving too little or too much information. The second was easier but not much. I almost asked, "What would you like to know?" but thought better of it. Based on the apparent culture and reviews on Glassdoor itself, the typical corporate feel of the interview was surprising (an observation more than a complaint.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your previous position, what you know about Glassdoor, why you fit the role and the company. (Single prompt)   View Answer
  • Tell me about Glassdoor's product.   View Answer

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!