Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

Individual interviews culminating in sales pitch. All was fine until sales pitch and recruiting and managers were not on the same page. The recruiting team instructed that we could either pitch Glassdoor or our own product. I chose Glassdoor rather than my own product, thinking it would show intitiative. In the review, the management team didn't appreciate that I chose to pull customer reports from Glassdoor and said they felt challenged. They also were not aware that recruiters had told us we could pitch our own product or Glassdoor. Advice to both recruiting and management would be to make sure you are on the same page and relay that to candidates.

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

The hiring process at Glassdoor was very straight forward and moved quickly. My resume was sent to their recruiter by a current employee and after the initial 45 min phone screen I had a three person interview the next week. Before the in person interviews though I was asked to take a personality test online.

The in person interview was three 30 minute one on one interviews. Following the in person interviews was a 30 minute web demo of any product (including glassdoor.com if you wanted) to the same three people. We did not break character during the 30 minute web demo.

Finally, I had a 30 minute call with the VP of sales to discuss what motivated me etc. All in all I was very impressed by the speed and efficiency of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was very surprised at the interviewers ability to ask detailed questions during the web demo. The realism of the demo made it feel like you were in an actual sales pitch, and not simply an interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The salary, OTE, and additional compensation was conveyed to me from the beginning.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter and set-up for phone screen, which lead to an in office meeting. I met at Glassdoor offices with my would be manager, director and another enterprise sales rep. After signing in I was greeted by the friendly recruiting coordinator.After a quick chat with her my first interviewer took me to a small conference room where all three interviews were conducted. I was asked fair questions by each interviewer and nothing off the wall. Some of the interviewers were tough to read, so i was unsure of how well I did.

Interview Questions
    • In the sales process, which step do you think is most important.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, because Glassdoor is about transparency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in August 2014.

I loved how quickly they moved along in this process. First call with recruiter occurred on a Friday. Following monday there was a follow up call with Manager, followed by an inperson a few days later. I had to do a web demo to 3 of the hiring managers and then had final call with head of sales. Altogether, a seamless process. Though not easy!

Interview Questions
    • I would say that preparing and conducting the demo was the most challenging...   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

The interview process took about 4 weeks from initial conversation to hire. The hiring manager and recruiter were very transparent throughout the entire process which was very refreshing. I met with peers, hiring managers and directors throughout the process. A personality test was also required to see if I was a good cultural fit and how I stacked amongst my peers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important part of the sales cycle to you? Qualification, Presentation, Negotiation or Close?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Company is transparent about what everyone makes.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

The process was great. It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then was followed by 2 more phone/Skype interviews (I was interviewing from afar), and concluded with an in person interview and sales presentation at the office. Communication was open and direct the whole time, which I liked.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a few specific questions relating to Glassdoor that I didn't know the answer to during my "mock sale." I don't think they were expecting me to know the answers, but instead, wanted to see if I could think on my feet.   Answer Question
    The offer seemed fair, and was a step up in both base pay and OTR (on target earnings) for me, so I did not negotiate.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

Process was about 10 days long due to the timing of the next training class. One in person, one phone presentation. Over all it was a fairly easy process. No curve balls.

very little since they have a transparent policy, all offers are the same for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in January 2014.

They have a very detailed process that involves an initial phone call with a manager. Then that is followed up by an in person meeting where you will spend time talking about your abilities and business acumen. My manager had some interesting questions that they asked me to really see how your analytically thinking works and how you address issues and pressure. After that, they will have you come in and talk to 3 other managers in the same department. Very thorough, but it made me feel like they were extremely interested in me and I felt validated after the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were stranded alone on an island, what 3 things would you bring with you?   View Answer
    The negotiating phase was pretty straight forward. Not very long or drawn out.