Glassdoor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

Straightforward. I was asked a lot of the same questions from different people interviewing me in the sales dept. After initial phone screening and interview, the final step is a presentation on yourself and your education, work experience, and desire to work at Glassdoor. Repetitive interview process as you tell your story 3 people on the team, plus the SDR manager.

During the interview and presentations, talk about your failures, overcoming hard times, and seem REALLY excited about phone sales. They don't care a lot about who you are, but they do want to hear about your sales successes--make sure you really want to be calling companies all day, merely setting appointments for the execs. This is the entire role of an SDR and if this thrills you, you will fit in just fine.

I was not as excited for the particular role of calling companies all day than I was about working for the company, which seemed to be the main hesitation to bring me on to the "team." The job itself seems mindless and repetitive but the company has a smaller SDR team than Trulia, Salesforce, etc. so could be good for those coming from those kinds of companies.

A red flag brought up multiple times to me by several on the team, was how many companies call angrily about negative reviews left by disgruntled employees. How would I handle such angry clients? This question was posed by different people throughout the interview process so it must be a common issue they deal with on the sales team.

Ultimately, the sales team seems to be a mold you either fit--or you don't and they will vote "yes" or "no" on you, just like a reality TV show once you step out of the room after your presentation.

Very informal and the whole team is under 30. I felt like I was back in high school in some ways. Still, there seem to be a lot of happy people there and if you fit the mold or want some practice interviewing around, it's worth the trip out there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

First was a basic phone screen, he asked why sales, tell me about yourself, what's your relevant experience, etc, then he gave me some feedback right away which I loved. he said he would send me some available times to come in for the next round but he never sent that email. so I called and emailed. He returned my call and apologized for not following up and thanked me for calling. At that point he couldn't squeeze me in anymore in the time I was in town as planned since he was off to Mexico. That is cool that employees get to go on a work trip to Mexico but frustrating when I came from out of town. So we had a skype interview, which turned into another phone interview since the connection at their office was no good. I spoke with 3 wonderful ladies/happy employees and was stoked on the job. He was supposed to pick up the phone and call me right back to wrap up this round of interviewing but he never did! half hour later I again called and emailed. Nothing. I understand if you feel I am not a good fit for the job but this is disrespectful when I have given my time to not even FINISH the interview! It hurt my feelings to be honest, like am I that bad of a candidate?! I emailed 2 weeks later as a final attempt to wrap up, got a bounceback email that he was now on a european vacation. (Why is he wrapped up in hiring processes if he isn't even around, of course things go unfinished!) He did then reply to say that they talked about me and chose to not continue with my application. Well that would be nice for ME to know!

The employees seem happy and I believe it is probably a great place to work. Inability to exercise any etiquette during my interview process may reflect on something about the company though.

Interview Questions
    • the second round interviews felt like a nice fun conversation, I enjoyed speaking with 3 employees   Answer Question

Content and Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

Two phone interviews then an in person interview. Hiring manager made the job seem more difficult than what was described. Hiring manager was concerned about my previous work experience. Before interview Hiring managers openly discussed how they were going to approach the other candidates interviews. I felt many of the questions were negative (Why shouldn't we hire you?)( What are three things you don't like?). Hiring manager showed a general lack of interest (openly checked cell phone.) Waste of my time and theirs with two phone interviews and an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 things you do when you get to work?   View Answer
    • What are three things you don't like?   View Answer

German Content & Community Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

The process took less than two week and if not a week. I was contacted by the HR within a short time after I applied online and we scheduled a phone interview. The interview was very casual and we had a open conversation about the position. A day after the phone, I received an email saying that they were not pursuing me as a candidate for the next process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. "Tell me about yourself" question.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

Individual interviews culminating in sales pitch. All was fine until sales pitch and recruiting and managers were not on the same page. The recruiting team instructed that we could either pitch Glassdoor or our own product. I chose Glassdoor rather than my own product, thinking it would show intitiative. In the review, the management team didn't appreciate that I chose to pull customer reports from Glassdoor and said they felt challenged. They also were not aware that recruiters had told us we could pitch our own product or Glassdoor. Advice to both recruiting and management would be to make sure you are on the same page and relay that to candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2015.

I had a phone screen at first that went great the lady was super stoked on me and sent me to the next stage which was to talk to the sales manager. I then spoke with the sales manager about three days later and he asked pretty standard questions. This process of the interview went great and the people were awesome and seemed really stoked to have me come in.

My in person interview was a few weeks later and I spoke with four people. None of these people I feel had the right to decide if I was a good candidate. Two of them were people in the SDR role that I was applying for and although they were nice people it was kind of a joke. The other people I spoke too was someone who was not even involved in the position I was applying for and then the sales manager. Even though everyone was nice, they were young maybe in their 20s and I have to say again not the people I would hope would be hiring me..... With all that said I left feeling great like I killed the interview only to find a few days later that I did not get the job. I think that if a company is not interested in you they should not act like they are.

After all that I talked to many more much better companies that pay way better. I really do not think glassdoor really knows what they are doing or looking for when it comes to hiring someone. Not to brag but I had five other offers from better companies that pay way better in the end and I am happy where I ended up. I think glassdoor is a great company and they do helpful things, but the people running the sales floor are young and do not have the right to choose candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
    • So what was the most successful thing you did at your last job?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

The process took less than two weeks, only because it was right around the New Year. I was contacted pretty quickly after applying and spoke with a Manager on a Tuesday. We had a great conversation about my experience and the role. I was followed up with on Monday by a recruiter who talked to me about the interview process and asked how my previous conversation had gone. She also asked some questions about my background. I went in for the in-person interview the next day and spoke with two people- conversations were great and they both seemed to want to be sure I had the capabilities, but also that I would be a good fit with the team. Two days later, coffee with the first manager I spoke with which was a good conversation, and covered a lot of situational questions to see how I handle things and prioritize. Last step was a presentation the next morning. I had asked for pointers and knew overall what they would be looking for- it was just my job to execute and show them that I had the skill. I was offered the job later that day and accepted. There was a lot of follow-up from the recruiting team along the way and everyone was very pleasant to speak with. Questions asked were relevant.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult part of the process, but was not unexpected.   View Answer
    I was aware of the pay setup for Sales roles based on conversations with the recruiting team and was happy with what they offered.

Account Executive SMB Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

Had an initial conversation with a talent warrior who qualified me as a potential candidate. He asked me for my background and why I wanted to work with Glassdoor. After determining I was qualified, he arranged for me to coming into the office to meet with 2 regional sales managers and the overall sales manager. I met with each for 30 minutes where questions ranged from my past experience in sales to why did I want to make a lateral move to a new industry. Overall, fairly comprehensive where they were trying to determine my personality and qualification.

Interview Questions
    • I was overqualified for the job from an experience and sales perspective but I was coming from a different industry. Hardest question they asked me was if I was going to get bored at this position.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

Had a fantastic experience interviewing with Glassdoor. Almost a month had passed after sending my resume, and I finally got an email from the recruiting team. They were extremely pleasant and polite to communicate with.
    I first had a screener call with the Recruiter, two days after receiving her original email. This was a very nice conversation. Reviewed my background and relevant experience. At the end of the call, she said she was going to recommend to the hiring manager that they have the next phone interview with me.
    That same day, I received an email saying the hiring manager would like to schedule a call. That was scheduled for 2 days later. I had an hour and a half long call with the hiring manager. Everything that was discussed was presently relevant to the company - all in regards to challenges the company is currently facing, and use cases that they are currently making decisions on. He also ran through some of my basic SEO knowledge since that was related to the position. At the end of the call, he also mentioned that he'd like me to come in for a face-to-face round.
    The next day, the interview coordinator reached out to me to get dates of availability. I am based in Los Angeles, so Glassdoor flew me out, rented a car, and a hotel room nearby for me to come up for in person interviews. I had a full line-up of 5 interviews one after the other, and a team lunch in between.
    Every person I spoke to seemed genuine, and very happy to be working where they are. It looked like an amazing place and team to be a part of.
    The one person that was pretty intimidating in the interviews was the CXO (and co-founder). He had a list of random questions intended to gauge level of knowledge and experience on various topics. Questions were unrelated to one another, and were tough to respond to quickly without context, but other than that, overall a very very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is penguin? What is panda? What is VLookup? What are pivot tables? What are 4 of the fundamental ways to gain positioning in search?   View Answer

Senor Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks before the recruiter contacted me. After talking to the recruiter, she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. The interview was casual, but most of the questions were not job-related. Since the assistant controller was only on board two weeks ago, she could not give me much information about the company culture and people.