Glassdoor

3.3

Director, Customer Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

First interview was with HR. This was a screener to make sure I had all the skill necessary for the role. This interview lasted about an hour and went well. A day later I was informed that I was moving to a phone interview with the hiring manager. I have been working in customer experience for three years prior to working in Social engagement for the last 5 years. I have been doing GTM and CLP strategies for over 10 years and have extensive analytical, technical, and gamification experience. Basically, I had every skill they listed, including the roll-up your sleeves and get it done experience--at award winning level. I did all my pre-interview research.
    I knew I fit the culture…on multiple levels. I was ready for the interview. The interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for 30 minutes. He was a few minutes late. I thought--perhaps it will be a quick Q&A to determine who comes in for the face-to-face. To my surprise the hiring manager spoke the entire 28 minutes. I attempted to ask a question and was asked to hold off till later (which I did). He then asked me how I would gamily GD. I had a few questions I wanted to ask before answering that question. He then told me that he had a meeting at 11:00 so he had 1 minute to answer any questions. Did I have any? Yes. I explained that I had several. He said, he was speaking with HR later that week and would see about setting another 30 minutes for us to talk. I asked for his email--to send a thank you note etc. He gave that to me.
    I spent that evening designing a gamified mock up of how GD could engage with the entire customer lifecycle and did a visual mock up of one example. I also sent one jpeg of a --more virtual world mock up--just to show elaborate option. I also sent a supporting excel spreadsheet that outlined at a high-level at stab at customer roles and life stage goals and needs. (A staple for the CLP) The final piece I sent was a 30-6-90 of how I would propose ramping up --if hired in the role. To my dismay all I got from GD was a generic jobvite response that let me know they were moving forward with other candidates and thanks for applying.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter and set-up for phone screen, which lead to an in office meeting. I met at Glassdoor offices with my would be manager, director and another enterprise sales rep. After signing in I was greeted by the friendly recruiting coordinator.After a quick chat with her my first interviewer took me to a small conference room where all three interviews were conducted. I was asked fair questions by each interviewer and nothing off the wall. Some of the interviewers were tough to read, so i was unsure of how well I did.

Interview Questions
    • In the sales process, which step do you think is most important.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, because Glassdoor is about transparency.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I got a phone call from an engaging and informative HR representative, then proceeded to come into the Glassdoor headquarters to meet with two managers and another Account Executive in person. It ended with a 30 minute phone call with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • It was a discussion about the job and my background! Be able to connect with those you are speaking with... nothing too complicated.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I applied online through the careers page and was connected with a recruiter after about two weeks. My phone screen was very educational about the position and the recruiter was genuine yet thorough with my experience. Shortly after (the following week) I was scheduled an onsite interview where I met with two sales managers and another account manager (future peer). We discussed my experience and how it could potentially relate and transfer to the needs of the team. I was asked questions about specific clients, expectations I had set and failures I had experienced.

At the time I had a competing offer from another company, so when I let the team and the recruiter know, I scheduled a final stage remote meeting that was in the form of a presentation 'pitch' that was of my own design. The pitch was with all the people I had previously met to gage my delivery style over the phone and comfortability with selling and objection handling.

The final stage in the interview was to speak with the VP of Sales but was bypassed due to time restrictions and scheduling. I accepted the offer and started working about a week and a half later.

All in all the process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to my experience and how they could relate to the current and future needs of the team.   View Answer
    The package I received was a standard package and was non negotiable, despite my efforts to further increase my pay rate and equity.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I applied for the Glassdoor position through a job ad that I found on Glassdoor. They contacted me about 3 days after I applied to do a vetting type of call. I spoke to the sales manager and soon there after was set up with 3 separate Skype calls for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Since you didn't come from the HR or recruitment field how are you going to work within this industry since most of your experience comes from Tech Publishing?   View Answer
    Very simple. Hardly any negotiations. I loved everything they had to offer.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

I was extremely impressed by everyone I met at Glassdoor, from initial phone screen to final interview. The enthusiasm for the company and job satisfaction was evident in every person I spoke with, which made me even more excited about the opportunity. I felt I knew where I stood every step of the way, and I had open communication with both the hiring manager and recruiting team throughout. I was asked insightful questions that allowed me to tie my previous experience into how it would apply at this job. Overall, 5 stars!

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as the salary was exactly what was listed here and the commission was identical to what another Ent AM explained in the interview.

Director, Customer Acquisition Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Glassdoor.

Quickest (and worst) interview I've ever had. There was a mix-up with my schedule, so the person I was supposed to be interviewing with (the new CMO) wasn't expecting me that day.

Furthermore, the CMO was new and clearly did not have a vision yet for the team that he wants to build. Initially he said he was interested in my background and invited me to come to the office. After I took time off work and made the trip from SF to Sausalito, he then proceeded to tell me within ten minutes that I'm not the right candidate. While I appreciate the honesty, I wish he would have been upfront about it before I wasted an afternoon.

Glassdoor Response

Sep 3, 2014CMO & SVP of Marketing

Absolutely fair feedback, and I take full responsibility. My apologies to this applicant for the bad experience and wasted time.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor.

The interview and hiring process was fairly lightweight, which I appreciate. I went through a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by in person interview with the hiring manager. I came in for a second round with a product manager and another designer. Getting a job while having a job and not tipping off your employer can be difficult. Glassdoor was flexible with time and interviews were the appropriate duration.

Again, it was lightweight and relatively short. They met my requests and that was it.

Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor.

During the face to face interview I was told to find servers on the network with a broken computer and no information on the network architecture. I wasn't asked any questions on my background or skill. I normally like skill based interviews but navigating in the dark isn't my forte. I was an inexperienced student at the time but I still felt like I was far more experienced than the job description and the offering.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult because there was absolutely no reference on how the server infrastructure was set up. Do I ssh in? can I run a network scan? Is there an IP address range or a VLan setup? can I google it? were some questions i asked. I can tell that the guy interviewing me was not willing to provide the tools necessary to complete this task. I'd rather had used my own linux computer than the crappy windows pc he handed me.   View Answer

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in August 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter the next business day.
    I had a phone screener with the recruiter the next day and a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days after that. Both phone interviews seemed aimed at just verifying the info in my resume and getting a feel for my personality - nothing too hard. They also spent a good amount of time telling me about the company and the position which I appreciated.
    The in person interview was scheduled for the following week - for 5 hours!! Seriously. 9am to 2pm on Wednesday - working that in to my schedule was the hardest part. The interview consistent of 5 one hour interviews with the team that would be working with the position, some UX, some business, some technical. Lots of questions about how I would work with the various roles, and what I expected to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple of harder questions about how I might design for a particular challenge they were currently facing, but those were hard only because at this point you have none of the data a UX professional would normally use to base decisions on at that point.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. Maybe I should have?