Glassdoor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The people I met at Glassdoor during my interview process are the reason I accepted!

The first round was a phone interview with a Glassdoor recruiter. She asked basic questions and told me about the job, the company, etc.

The second round was on-site. I met with four different people on the Sales team: an SDR, two team leads and the senior manager. I spoke with each of them for about 20 minutes. All four were so great and so unique. They asked me different behavior questions. It was more a conversation though and it was such a comfortable setting. After the fourth meeting, the hiring manager gave me feedback and said the team would like to move forward with me!

I led a PowerPoint presentation on myself for the third and final round. A selection of the sales team was there and they listened attentively and then asked poignant questions after I finished. After the presentation, I again received feedback and he offered me the job on the spot!

I cannot speak more highly of the whole process. The people I met during this whole experience sold me. I wanted to find a company that I believed in and so I of course support Glassdoor's mission but more importantly, I wanted to find a group of people who challenged me but who I could also have fun with. Glassdoor is home and I couldn't be more excited!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jun 30, 2015Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with us. The interview process is all about having a great conversation, connection, and working towards a common mission. It sounds like we're on ... More

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Short phone screen, my interviewer was 45 mins late, but was very apologetic and offered to reschedule. The in person interview was with 2 current sales reps, a sales manager and the hiring manager. Overall enjoyable it had a nice casual feel, perhaps I was too comfortable because I didn't get an offer. There was a role playing exercise with feedback, but no

Interview Questions

• How did you measure success in your past jobs?
      How do you handle pressure?
      What motivates you?

Answer Question

Jun 17, 2015Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you had a positive experience interviewing with us though we should have emailed you sooner if we were going to be running so late during a screen. I'm trying ... More

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was a bit curt, and made it obvious during my interview that she was not savvy with the jargon related to the design position. It was a bit cut-throat and way too quick for her to be able to get a good reading of my capabilities as an ENTRY LEVEL DESIGNER.

Interview Questions

• Nothing! Just about my portfolio projects...   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied via introduction to hiring manager through mutual LinkedIn connection. The hiring manager forwarded my resume to HR. HR reached out the same day that I was introduced. Did phone screen with HR next day. Was informed 1 business day following phone screen that I was selected to come in for 1:1s., did in-person 1:1s 3 days later, did another phone interview 3 business days after that, was notified by HR within hours of last phone interview that I was not selected to continue on in the process. Was treated with professional courtesy, respect, transparency and clear communication. I knew I had not done well with the in-person 1:1s though (nerves...tired...said some very stupid things). So while I was disappointed, I was not surprised by the result.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had both positive and negative experiences interviewing with Glassdoor. I actually applied for multiple positions with Glassdoor, because I was really interested in working for such a reputable company.

Initially I was contacted to set up a phone screening for the LDR position. We scheduled and even confirmed a time, but I never received a call. After about half an hour had passed I emailed the rep to inquire about the problem and schedule a new time. She suggested that she had the wrong phone number, asked if I could resend it, and offered 3 new times for the following day. I resent the same number listed on my resume and selected the first available time. However, I received an email the next morning saying that she no longer had any times available and would be leaving town. She then asked if I could follow up with her in the middle of the next week to see when she might next be available to do the screening. Obviously there were some red flags by this point, but I agreed to follow up with her the next Wednesday, per her request. However, before I could follow up with her that Wednesday I received an automated email saying that they would be moving forward with a select few candidates. I thought it was somewhat disrespectful to send an automated response when she had personally asked me to contact her. I understand that things happen and situations change. It just would have been more courteous to at least take the time to copy and paste the response to her own email address after stringing me along for 2 weeks. If I had only one word to describe this experience, it would be "unprofessional."

But having thoroughly researched Glassdoor, I thought this experience was far more likely representative of the individual than of the company as a whole. Fortunately, I was contacted about the SDR position and found that to be the case. This time I actually received the call and did the phone screening. The recruiter was very friendly and mostly asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in working for Glassdoor. Things went well and she scheduled me for an onsite interview with 4 members of the SDR team: the SDR Manager, the 2 Team Leads, and a team member.

I interviewed with each of these representatives individually. This became a little redundant as I was asked many of the same questions by each interviewer. Overall, however, it was a very enjoyable experience. The first 3 interviewers were very friendly and conversational. The second Team Lead interview was the only one that wasn't friendly. That interview was more interrogational than conversational. From the outset, it felt like I was being treated as a hostile witness expected to defend my responses as opposed to describe my experiences and qualifications. Of the four onsite interviews, it was the only one that was not enjoyable. However, It was definitely good practice "thinking on your feet." Each interview lasted roughly 30 minutes, for a total of two hours on site.

Before the onsite interviews, I was asked to complete an online evaluation. This turned out to be a personality, math, and logic test. So if your math is rusty, you might want to brush up on your algebra before starting the evaluation.

My ultimate impression of Glassdoor is that it is a good company, with a good culture, and mostly happy friendly employees. However, they do seem to be suffering some problems, likely due to their rapid growth.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you failed and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What are the three most important skills needed to exceed in a sales position   Answer Question

Jun 17, 2015Manager, Sales Development

I appreciate your review and candid feedback on the SDR/LDR interview process. It definitely sounds like your experience was not uniform with our sales and lead development organization (both SDR/LDR ... More

French Content & Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the office Manager reached out to me to set up a phone interview about 3 weeks after I applied. I got the phone interview and never heard back. Nope, never. Even though I was told "we will get back to you in the coming week".

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jun 24, 2015VP, People

Thank you for your candid feedback. We thought our processes for getting back to candidates was timely...but in your case we obviously fell short and I apologize to you for our lack of response. We ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor is horrible. Get ready to talk with a bunch of different team members who are not in communication with each other and are not aware of where you are in their interview process. The recruiting team is VERY unorganized and drags you along. They say one thing, and the very next day says the complete opposite. Does not know how to keep a close relationship with those who are interviewing and will get back to you after a week to schedule next steps. The process took over 1 month to complete. Bad start to joining a new company..

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what makes you successful.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One word: "Disappointing." From beginning to end, I could not believe I was at the Company I had so admired from afar. The entire experience was lackluster at best. The only upside was working with a great recruiter whom I liked and respected.

By way of synopsis, I arrived a few minutes prior to my 1:00 interview at Glassdoor HQ. At the same time I was signing-in, my first interviewer approached me with lunch in-hand, saying "You must be my 1:00 interview. I'm sorry - I just grabbed lunch." This faux pas set the three-series of interviews late by about 10 minutes each - during which time I had to verbally cram my qualifications for the role into no more than 20 minutes, while also addressing their inquiries.

The most predominant feeling I left with was that no-one I met seemed at all enthused about Glassdoor. Sure, they SAID they loved the Company; but sans any conviction or emotion whatsoever. Perhaps, they forgot that Human communication is 20% verbal and 80% non-verbal. So, if you are saying something to a person but your body language says the opposite then you're not ...

During my second interview with a manager, he stated that he would be taking notes on his laptop, but not to be put-off by it. He wanted to reassure how "attentive" the interviewers are during in-person interviews at Glassdoor - to the point that cell phones are no longer allowed to be brought in to interview meeting rooms. This was due to a prior issue/complaint by an interviewee whom felt slighted by a Glassdoor interviewer paying more attention to his/her phone than to the candidate. I replied, "Great - that makes sense."

Only moments later, a cell phone began loudly ringing as I was talking, at which time my "attentive" interviewer embarrassingly reached into his front pocket, retrieved his phone, silenced it, and stuffed it back into his front pocket. All while not saying a word. Unreal. How is that for a complete loss of credibility?! Again, it seemed everyone was saying one thing, and acting out another.

I know there are many people at Glassdoor who genuinely love the Company. And, I will continue to use the review services and job community for research purposes. But, my overall impression of the Company is - rightfully - completed deflated.

Interview Questions

• If you had 9 balls, all of the same color and size - but, one weighed more than all of the others of equal weight - using a balance scale and only two opportunities to weigh the balls, how would you go about locating this ball?   1 Answer

Jun 24, 2015Director, Account Management

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience. We do strive to deliver a positive experience for all candidates that interview with the Glassdoor sales team and we were sad to hear your ... More

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Process Overview:
    - Phone Screen with Recruiter
    - Phone Interview with Hiring Manager/ Manager
    - Phone Interview with Director
    - On Site Interviews (3 hrs, 8 people)
    - On Site Presentation (~15-20 people)
    * Offer received same day as presentation*

Without bias, this was absolutely the best interview process I have ever experienced! While the process was difficult, it was difficult in every positive way. My conversations and interviews invited me to really think in practical terms rather than the repetitive litany of resume explanation. Every single person I spoke with, upwards of 10 during interviews and 20+ for presentation, was positive, welcoming, and passionate about this business.

The recruiter working with me was beyond helpful. She gave incredibly constructive and beneficial feedback and took extra time out of her day to help prep me for my upcoming interviews. I'm not typically a fan of phone interviews, and the fact that I had 3 rounds of phone interviews was anxiety producing. However, each person I spoke with over the phone put me at ease and limited my anxieties!

Glassdoor promotes being all about transparency, and the interview process reflects that.

Interview Questions

• What digital changes would you make to the B2B site as it is today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was half an hour over the phone, mostly got asked questions about why I wanted to be in Sales, as my background wasn't. Second interview was the following Wednesday (one week later) on-site, and I had four half an hour interviews with two SDRs, a Marketing Coordinator, and a Team Lead. Final round was the following Monday, and consisted of a 15 minute presentation about myself and why I wanted to be an SDR, followed by a 15 minute period of Q and A.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

May 20, 2015Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the team!

Eric Gonzalez