Glassdoor

3.3

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter the next business day.
    I had a phone screener with the recruiter the next day and a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days after that. Both phone interviews seemed aimed at just verifying the info in my resume and getting a feel for my personality - nothing too hard. They also spent a good amount of time telling me about the company and the position which I appreciated.
    The in person interview was scheduled for the following week - for 5 hours!! Seriously. 9am to 2pm on Wednesday - working that in to my schedule was the hardest part. The interview consistent of 5 one hour interviews with the team that would be working with the position, some UX, some business, some technical. Lots of questions about how I would work with the various roles, and what I expected to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple of harder questions about how I might design for a particular challenge they were currently facing, but those were hard only because at this point you have none of the data a UX professional would normally use to base decisions on at that point.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. Maybe I should have?

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2013.

The interview process itself was fairly standard. I responded to an email sent to me by the VP of Sales. I had a phone interview first, an on site interview with the VP of Sales, and then came in for a formal round of 3 interviews. I met with two other Sales Managers, the Director of Sales Enablement, and then the VP of Sales again during this round of interviews. After this, I was given a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the VP of Sales at your current organization and given a blank slate to define sales culture, where would you start? How would you define it?   Answer Question
    There was a small amount of negotiation in the process, but overall I felt the offer was fair for market value of the role (based on research I did on Glassdoor). Ultimately, I accepted an offer very close to the initial offer they made.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor.

The interview and hiring process was fairly lightweight, which I appreciate. I went through a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by in person interview with the hiring manager. I came in for a second round with a product manager and another designer. Getting a job while having a job and not tipping off your employer can be difficult. Glassdoor was flexible with time and interviews were the appropriate duration.

Again, it was lightweight and relatively short. They met my requests and that was it.

Associate Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

I had a friend invite me to a networking event which turned into great conversation and I was prompted (by an employee in the client success department) to apply for the position online, which I did within about 24 hours. Within about 4 days I received an email explaining that they would like speak on the phone the following week. After the call, I received another email asking to schedule an in person interview with the head of the department.After the in person interview, I then received another email asking me to come in for a presentation to about 8 -12 people about myself and my work experience. From the beginning, I was told this would be the final step in the interview process if I made it this far. Most of the delays in the length of the interview process were on my part, because I needed a couple of extra weeks to handle my schedule with an existing 8 - 5 job. The interview process was very straight forward. All steps / timelines were explained and upheld. Glassdoor was very respectful of the fact that I was still working a full time job and waited for my availability to schedule interviews / calls, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What will the biggest challenge of this role be for you?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate both stock options and salary but only chose to negotiate salary. They were very respectful of my requests and got back to me with a new offer by the end of that day (after speaking at about 9am).

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

From beginning to end, my interview experience at Glassdoor was exceptional. Everyone I met and spoke with was extremely friendly, helpful and informative. Glassdoor provided one of the most positive interview paths I've participated in.

First round: Phone interview with the sales manager. The conversation was fairly standard as I was asked simple questions about my current position, reasons why I was looking to leave, and my reasons for applying to Glassdoor. The conversation lasted about 30 minutes.

Second round: On-site interview at Glassdoor headquarters. I met individually with 2 sales managers and one sales team member. Again, fairly standard questions about my resume, my experience and my interest in Glassdoor. Each person I met with was very easy to talk to and everyone in the office seemed happy and energetic. I got a great vibe from the office environment and could definitely see myself working there.

Third round: GoToMeeting phone pitch interview. I was asked to put together a powerpoint presentation in which I would be "selling" Glassdoor. I presented to three sales managers who posed as business owners. This was the most difficult step in the interview process for me. I was given two days to prepare with little knowledge about their products and procedures. This step was more of a test of your personal sales style and ability to stay focused under pressure.

Final round: About a week after the phone pitch interview, I spoke with two more sales managers on the phone. They wanted to get a better sense of my personality and desire to work at Glassdoor. This final step was an opportunity for me to "sell" myself as a potential employee and express my feelings about why they should hire me. I was offered the position later that day.

The interview process at Glassdoor was very thorough and detailed which made it apparent that they care a great deal about who they hire. Part of the reason why they have such an amazing sales team is they are extremely particular throughout the interview process. I'm ecstatic to have been offered the position!

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate, the offer was exactly what I was hoping for!

Enterprise Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. She was much more polished than your normal corporate recruiter and I enjoyed the interaction. Next step was a face to face six hour interview with two Sales Managers, the VP Sales, and the SVP.

I was impressed by everyone I met. The environment is very young. There are dogs running around the office, tons of games, catered lunches, etc. It fits the mold for a start up. I didn't see to many folks north of thirty. That said, they clearly appear to have created an amazing culture.

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

I was contacted by the Director of Client Success a few days after submitting my resume via employee referral. After a pretty standard phone screen interview I was asked to complete a Candidate Assessment test by the end of the week. The test consisted of about 4 different client scenarios and asked that you respond to each scenario as you would an actual client. There was also a section that asked you to identify the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) used by a handful of different companies. From there, I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the Director of Client Success. During this interview we dug much deeper into my background, the position, and the company as a whole. About a week later I was asked to come in for an interview in which I was required to put together a presentation on myself for the entire Client Success team. The presentation is VERY open-ended, so it gives you a great opportunity to impress potential coworkers and prove that you're a good fit for the team. I received an offer the next day, and after a bit of negotiation I was happy to accept!

Interview Questions
    • Given a specific client situation (number of campaigns, budget, results thus far, etc provided), what would you suggest that the client do to improve their results and optimize their campaigns?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

- The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an onsite which lasted 4-5hrs.

- The phone screens covered my background, career ambitions and potential fit. There were some company and role specific questions as well (e.g. why Glassdoor, how did you hear about the opportunity).

- The onsite was definitely more technical and assessed my critical thinking / analytical skills. I walked the interviewers through specific examples of problems I had solved in previous roles. That said, cultural fit was still a major theme throughout the discussions. Each interviewer made a genuine attempt to get to know me personally, which clearly showed that "People Matter." At the end, I was given an awesome tour of the office! The workspace has a highly collaborative feel with an emphasis on transparency (no surprise there).

- Overall, I was extremely pleased with how organized and helpful both HR & the hiring manager were throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Using specific examples, what are your thoughts on company valuations in both the private and public markets?   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and competitive; a negotiation was not required.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

The process started with a phone screen which ended quickly and turned into an on-site visit a few days later. I met with several people in different sales capacities that finished with HR to get an idea about my current salary and such. From there they asked me to present the Glassdoor platform to the same people that I met with during my onsite via webex. (They don't supply you with much besides who you will be presenting to so be sure to take your time preparing a proper presentation.) After that, I had a call with the head of sales whom was very smart and asked very good questions. She also did a very thorough job explaining the vision that she has for the growth of her team and the company. From there we moved to the references point and while speaking to my references, I was presented with another opportunity that I thought I should pursue so I never supplied them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was exceptionally difficult. In my interviews with sales leadership they asked some very specific questions into my background, Glassdoor and why they thought I'd be a good fit. They were pretty straight forward questions that any sales person should be able to speak to.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Glassdoor.

The initial connection was very fast. Within two days of sending in my resume, I received an email asking for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very comfortable and smooth. The interviewer asked simple questions that allowed you to elaborate on your previous work experience.

One of the best parts of the entire process was after they invited me to interview on-site, the interviewer gave me feedback on my phone interview. This gave me some idea on how to prepare for the on-site interview.

Glassdoor had just transitioned into a new office so I do not want to be a harsh critic, but they were a little unorganized. Prior to me coming in they sent me an email saying I would be interviewing with 4 different members of the Glassdoor team, which allows you to do some research on who you will be speaking with. However, after speaking to the first 3 interviewers I was left in a room for around 10 minutes while they "tracked down" the last interviewer, only to find that he was not available and would not be seeing me.

This was not too upsetting, just seemed a little disrespectful. That being said, the community at Glassdoor has some of the nicest and smartest individuals I have ever met. This made it very difficult to gauge the how the interview went. That is not a criticism, in fact they are one of the few companies that make the interview process comfortable and enjoyable. Even if you do not receive an offer, you will leave the building feeling good.

They said they would be in contact by email. After a week and a follow-up email they sent me an email saying they were going a different direction. Very forward and there was no reason why or why not. I even sent an email asking for feedback so I could improve on my interviewing skills and received no response.
    I found this to be a little disrespectful, but of course they are not required to do that.

Interview Questions
    • It was an entry-level position, expect to elaborate on your past work experience and how it can translate into this position   Answer Question

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!