Glassdoor

3.2

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

The interview process took about 4 weeks from initial conversation to hire. The hiring manager and recruiter were very transparent throughout the entire process which was very refreshing. I met with peers, hiring managers and directors throughout the process. A personality test was also required to see if I was a good cultural fit and how I stacked amongst my peers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important part of the sales cycle to you? Qualification, Presentation, Negotiation or Close?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Company is transparent about what everyone makes.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor.

The initial connection was very fast. Within two days of sending in my resume, I received an email asking for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very comfortable and smooth. The interviewer asked simple questions that allowed you to elaborate on your previous work experience.

One of the best parts of the entire process was after they invited me to interview on-site, the interviewer gave me feedback on my phone interview. This gave me some idea on how to prepare for the on-site interview.

Glassdoor had just transitioned into a new office so I do not want to be a harsh critic, but they were a little unorganized. Prior to me coming in they sent me an email saying I would be interviewing with 4 different members of the Glassdoor team, which allows you to do some research on who you will be speaking with. However, after speaking to the first 3 interviewers I was left in a room for around 10 minutes while they "tracked down" the last interviewer, only to find that he was not available and would not be seeing me.

This was not too upsetting, just seemed a little disrespectful. That being said, the community at Glassdoor has some of the nicest and smartest individuals I have ever met. This made it very difficult to gauge the how the interview went. That is not a criticism, in fact they are one of the few companies that make the interview process comfortable and enjoyable. Even if you do not receive an offer, you will leave the building feeling good.

They said they would be in contact by email. After a week and a follow-up email they sent me an email saying they were going a different direction. Very forward and there was no reason why or why not. I even sent an email asking for feedback so I could improve on my interviewing skills and received no response.
    I found this to be a little disrespectful, but of course they are not required to do that.

Interview Questions
    • It was an entry-level position, expect to elaborate on your past work experience and how it can translate into this position   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Glassdoor.

I had heard great things about working at Glassdoor from a former colleague/friend so I was excited to be offered an interview. The entire process only took 3 days, which I feel was expedited because I was referred. The initial contact (email) from the recruiter was prompt, professional, and enthusiastic. She scheduled me to come In the next day, where I met with one of the sales managers as well as the Head of Sales. I had a 1:1 with each of them, one before lunch and one after lunch (yes, I was invited to join the rest of the team for a sit down meal. Awesome.) Everyone I spoke with was passionate about Glassdoor's mission, which made me even more excited to join the team.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

The process started with a phone screen which ended quickly and turned into an on-site visit a few days later. I met with several people in different sales capacities that finished with HR to get an idea about my current salary and such. From there they asked me to present the Glassdoor platform to the same people that I met with during my onsite via webex. (They don't supply you with much besides who you will be presenting to so be sure to take your time preparing a proper presentation.) After that, I had a call with the head of sales whom was very smart and asked very good questions. She also did a very thorough job explaining the vision that she has for the growth of her team and the company. From there we moved to the references point and while speaking to my references, I was presented with another opportunity that I thought I should pursue so I never supplied them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was exceptionally difficult. In my interviews with sales leadership they asked some very specific questions into my background, Glassdoor and why they thought I'd be a good fit. They were pretty straight forward questions that any sales person should be able to speak to.   Answer Question

Associate Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in June 2014.

I had a friend invite me to a networking event which turned into great conversation and I was prompted (by an employee in the client success department) to apply for the position online, which I did within about 24 hours. Within about 4 days I received an email explaining that they would like speak on the phone the following week. After the call, I received another email asking to schedule an in person interview with the head of the department.After the in person interview, I then received another email asking me to come in for a presentation to about 8 -12 people about myself and my work experience. From the beginning, I was told this would be the final step in the interview process if I made it this far. Most of the delays in the length of the interview process were on my part, because I needed a couple of extra weeks to handle my schedule with an existing 8 - 5 job. The interview process was very straight forward. All steps / timelines were explained and upheld. Glassdoor was very respectful of the fact that I was still working a full time job and waited for my availability to schedule interviews / calls, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What will the biggest challenge of this role be for you?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate both stock options and salary but only chose to negotiate salary. They were very respectful of my requests and got back to me with a new offer by the end of that day (after speaking at about 9am).

Software Engineer Crawl New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in May 2014.

Graduating from San Diego State with no working experience, I applied for the position in late March. I got contacted after 1 week by a lead software engineer from Glassdoor to do an assessment. Then the first phone interview was conducted 2 days later. It was generally about what I did at school and some technical questions that are mostly from the Programming Interview Exposed book. After that, the second interview was set up, again we talked about how technology actually works and 2 coding questions. The interviewers really made me feel like I was talking to my CS friends rather than talking to someone I'm scared of what they would judge me. In order to do well in the first 2 rounds, I believe you just need to show them what you are learning is really what you are passionate about (and of course a little prepare for the coding questions).

They flight me to SF 2 weeks later to have a typical 5-round-interview day like other tech companies. At this point, most of the questions are related to my job description. I was asked a lot about RegExp and xPath, so yeah.. whatever the position you are interviewing for, you should do some research about the technology that it requires. I was not familiar to RegExp so much and had no idea about xPath, but I did my homework and was able to pick them up before the interview. I struggled with them a little in the interviews, but I did my best to work with the interviewers to find the solution. And I think this is why I prefer Glassdoor than other offers I had from Google (contractor), Intuit (permanent in San Diego). You can really feel that the engineers at Glassdoor are there to help you learn and improve yourself (this is great for a new grad like me). Having interview with big companies, I feel that the engineers who interviewed me were forced to do so and they wanted get over quickly if you made even a small mistake (yes, I was failed in Amazon and Google (permanent position) interview). In the first interview, the interviewer let me use the computer to solve his questions. My second, third and last round were coding questions that I had to write on whiteboard (make sure you know every technology you list on your resume, they will ask you to whiteboard about those). In the fourth interview, we talked more about the technology I would use if I got the job.

I received the offer from the lead SE 1 week later. I was not so happy with the salary and had to negotiate since my other offers were much better. Of course, I do not expect Glassdoor to pay me like Google or Intuit does, however, negotiation is necessary. I chose GD because of the company potential. But, I was stupid to not ask for more stock option and really regret about it. Also, one other thing that hit me so hard right now is the living expenses around the area is much higher compared to San Diego. I was not able to visit the city during my interview trips since I was in finals and the companies paid for car and hotel so I had to follow their instruction. I'm now in SF to look for a place to stay (yes this's my first time in SF - with no interviews =) ) and shocked by how expensive and narrowed the housing here is, so maybe you should visit the city before making the decision to move.

Interview Questions
    • Find xPath and regExp to match a tag on a web page.
      Software Design question in the last round (very general so I don't remember).

Answer Question
    Negotiated then the SE contacted after 3 days.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in May 2014.

I discovered the position through an Account Executive already employed at Glassdoor. I applied online and sent my resume and cover letter to this employee. Within a few days I received an email asking to schedule a phone conversation. Communication was consistent, prompt and pleasant. The best interview experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    • How do you like my interview style?   View Answer
    • What are some common interview questions that you hear?   View Answer
    No, negotiation. I used Glassdoor to research the position so I knew what would be offered.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in May 2014.

The process was 8 weeks overall and consisted of a phone interview, profile test, 3 in-person interviews and a sales pitch. It was the longest interview process I've ever had but well worth the wait. Glassdoor is very thorough in their interview process but not for any surprise...it's a highly-sought company to work for with huge potential. Everyone I met was very excited about the company, their jobs and the culture of Glassdoor! This company seems amazing!

Interview Questions
    There was not much of a negotiation process. Glassdoor is very transparent about the salary they offer and their comp plan seems very reasonable.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in May 2014.

The interview was a 3 step process. First with the Corporate Recruiter, next with the hiring manager then an on site to meet with multiple people.
    The on site was several 1 on 1's with my future manger, other peers and the General Manager. The process was excellent with very to the point questions regarding my background and a lot of digging into a culture fit as much as a background fit. It was a long day with few breaks in between in order to make sure the timeline fit within my travel schedule as I was in from out of town.
    The process was quick and to the point. The people were friendly and open and honest through the process. I just wish I had worn more comfortable shoes as I had one of the interviews walking along the coast line of the office for what must have been 2 miles.

Overall, an excellent experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel will be the hardest part of the job we are considering hiring you for?   View Answer
    Very straight forward with some their best offer based on my current situation with a small back and forth regarding relocation.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in May 2014.

The process was started by a recruiter with two phone screens with the director of QA and the director of engineering. The phone screens consisted of the usual what are we doing now sections along with some simple problem solving related to QA and software development. Then followed two on-site interviews with the first one going from morning till a bit after lunch(lunch was included and very tasty), and the second on-site was a follow-up to cover items not discussed during the first on-site. With the first on-site I got to meet a wide variety of the Glassdoor team, including the CTO, which really made me feel special. The team was a nice group which made me feel comfortable and at ease during the interview. As part of the interview I was giving a tour of the building which was impressive especially since it is right on the water, and not to mention the game room, exercise gym, and large open floor space. The actual interview consisted of many white board sessions describing the architecture of what I created at my previous employer, and very detailed questions about the product I worked on. There was also engineering problem solving white board questions, which had a nice variety in topics including SQL, caching, java programming, software testing, algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was related to what didn't not go well with during my stint with my previous employer regarding the software development effort I oversaw.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation since I really liked Glassdoor and wasn't planning to leave my current employer at the time, and I felt that as long they matched my current pay I am happy, which they did and then some.