Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Glassdoor.

Had two phone interview rounds followed by an onsite.

The first phone interview was with the director of engineering. She was incredibly friendly and asked me some basic questions and one algorithm question.

Second phone interview was with a lead engineer. It was much like the first interview except his questions had a lot more to do with multithreading and the sort. I didn't know much about it, but I was able to reason through the correct answers.

My onsite was with 5 different interviewers. All the interviewers were very friendly and gave me a good idea about the personalities and the work culture at Glassdoor.

Onsite interview questions were all varied, only one of them was something you could know from reading books like Cracking the Coding Interview, the rest were about my personality/drive to be in CS and problems where I had to design a solution.

The interview was incredibly enjoyable for me not only because of the people, but because of the questions. For each stage, I felt like I was having a conversation and not being quizzed.

Interview Questions
  • I am unable to disclose the actual question, but it was the last question during my interview and it was simply a problem statement that had a lot of different components to it. In order to successfully solve it, it was necessary to pull from a lot of different areas of CS.   Answer Question
Negotiations were very honest and upfront. The offer was incredibly reasonable and I was able to negotiate it a little bit.

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2014.

The entire interview process was pretty quick at Glassdoor. it took about one week for a phone screen after I submitted my resume, The questions were pretty standard for the phone screen, data structure, a short piece of code, and some JAVA specific questions. After the phone screen, it took about another week for my onsite interview. The format of the onsite interview was similar to most software company where you are interviewed by 5 people lasting 45 min to 1 hr each. Almost all the questions were coding related and about half of them were related to the position I was applying for. I was able to stay quite relax during interviews since I only had to do a little bit of white board and actually get to use a computer for several questions. Compare to the Amazon interview I went on where I was on the white board the whole time, this was a much better experience. I received an offer less than a week after my onsite.

Interview Questions
    • White board a functions that finds fibonacci(n) recursively in O(n) and another one iteratively in O(n)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Glassdoor in June 2011.

Glassdoor does not have any recruiter for hiring software engineers. I applied online directly on their site and got an interview call within 2 weeks of my application. There was an initial phone screen conducted by a senior engineer at glassdoor. The initial phone screen was ok but the engineer liked my problem solving skills and i was called onsite for the interview. I had 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with a product manager. I found the place to be really exciting and people there were really nice. I got an offer the very next day. Meanwhile, I had 3 other offers as well. I really liked glassdoor but I was not sure about commuting since it is 50 miles away from where I stay. After giving a lot of thought about it and after talking to the VP of engineering and the CEO, I was convinced that this is a place where I would have a great learning experience. I decided to relocate and join glassdoor and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of one million numbers, how will you find the top n numbers from the list in an efficient way   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glassdoor in February 2010.

The people at Glassdoor were very nice although at first it was impossible to reach anyone. My interview was what you'd expect of any normal software engineering job -- some technical questions, some normal interview questions. All in all, a nice experience. Unfortunately, the commute was a bit too length for my liking.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you could positively contribute to this company?   View Answer