Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glassdoor in June 2007.

The interview process was pretty informal for me as I had worked with the CEO in the past. We had an initial phone call to discuss the opportunity. Then we met for a breakfast interview to learn more about the company and to assess the role and if I was the right person for the position.

Once the CEO decided I was the right person, I was introduced to his partner the Founder/VP Product and Marketing. We had a phone call to exchange ideas about the company, how to operate our teams, etc.

The company was only 2 people at the time so there wasn't anyone else to meet. So it was just a matter of getting a compensation package that we were both comfortable with.

Interview Questions
At a startup, be prepared to sacrifice on the salary in exchange for equity.