Glatfelter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Division Controller Interview

Division Controller
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Glatfelter in December 2013.

Interview Details – recruiter contacted me for the position in central ohio. a phone screen was set up w/ a member of the HR team. Phone interview went well. She was very informative and it was not a 'check the box' type interview. she asked good questions. I went on to the next round, but the location and industry was not the ideal fit for me so I passed so as to not waste any more of either of our time.

Interview Question – I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. Very straight forward. no curve balls on their end.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

Interviewed at Glatfelter

Interview Details – Phone interview first. I clearly stated my request to work remotely once onsite orientation is completed, which they agreed upon.
 Then they flew me in for onsite interview: factory tour, talk with hiring manager and developer and met with team members. They were serious about hiring me, but when I reiterated remote work request, manager, to my surprise, stated he wants me to be onsite.
Factory is ancient, and IT department is matching. They show VHS security tapes at the reception ! Computer room is a couple of literally rusty computers ( I think manager mentioned flooding ).

I was later told they rehired person who was on this position earlier. Looks like I perhaps played a role of rabbit at dog races.

Interview Question – Nothing of difficulty - they were desperate to get anybody for an interview, probably because location, job and site are very unappealing for IT people ( Chillicothe, OH, and old factory and jack of all trades job ).   Answer Question

Worked for Glatfelter? Contribute to the Community!