GlaxoSmithKline

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2011.

Interview Details – HR Phone screen, Hiring Manager phone screen, 6 person live panel interview with formal series of questions (leadership, change management, etc.). Look up and know the GSK values and high-performance behaviors available on the site.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had a point of view that was not shared by upper management."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room available.

SAP Administrator Interview

SAP Administrator
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2012.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed with GSK for an SAP position in RTP. Everything that I experienced leading up to the interview was positive. The actual technical phone interview itself left a lot to be desired. First, the interviewer was late, which wasn't so bad. However, the questions he asked were more for knowledge testing ("what is") rather than to determine skill level ("how"). Further, the interviewer was expecting answers that were very close, if not verbatim to SAP's definitions. In my humble opinion, this type of interview strategy is inappropriate when you are looking to hire mid to senior level people. To make matters worse, the interviewer had a propensity to cut me off while I was still speaking. When I asked about the job responsibilities, his smug response gave me an impression that the work would be toxic and inflexible toward employees. I had previously researched GSK on this site and saw that the reviews weren't all good. This reminded me of another Fortune 500 client I worked for that I'm glad to be out of. I don't want to be going through another revolving door so I will not be continuing with their hiring process. An unsolicited advice to GSK: have another technical interviewer sit through the calls.

Interview Question – What is an SAP enqueue?   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2011.

Interview Details – People there were very nice and open. I applied for the marketing internship position (B2B). The 1:1 interview was basically all behaviorals and they gave us a 4-page case, put us into a couple groups, and gave us 2 hours to prepare a presentation. The presentation was about 20 minutes with 10 minutes of Q&A. I didn't get an offer but the overall experience was very nice. What was best was that they gave each candidate a feedback from the assessors a week later.

Interview Questions

Senior Statistical Programmer Interview

Senior Statistical Programmer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2009.

Interview Details – Go to GSK's website and find their interview information. They explain the questions you'll be asked. The questions are all like, "explain a time when you....". Be prepared with specific examples! You usually at least get a lunch. Do not expect HR to call you back or send you a letter stating the position has been filled.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you did not agree with your supervisor. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!