GlaxoSmithKline

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2009.

Interview Details – This was the first conversation with someone at the company, and #i wasnt even allowed to ask what the job role entailed, or even talk about my CV. It was a full head on techincal interview which was intimidating, and something I may not have chosed to do had I had the opportunity to discuss the role in more details to find it may not have been suitable anyway!!

Interview Question – I was asked particularly techincal questions which unless I was in front of the screen were almost impossible   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didnt like the way that the interview was conducted and didnt feel like I mattered as a person.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2007.

Interview Details – This was a three step process. 1) behavioral interview with hiring manager and HR 2) on site full day interview with several managers. mostly behavioral interviews testing your knowledge, experience, skills and behaviors based on the veriety of situations encountered during your past work 3) background check. On-site included 5 interviews each with different manager (other than hiring manager) who worked in different department. On-site also included interview with director and VP of the hiring group.

Behavioral interviews are tough and you should really be honest about the asnwers. Don't make up the situations if you haven't encountered such situations. Also think about how would you respond to veriety of situations ahead of the interview. For example, one of the question was "tell me the situation in which your team was faced with a complex problem and how did you go about developing a solution and what was the result?"

Interview Question – tell us about a situation in which you had a team member with personal issues impacting his ability to perfom? how did you address the situation and what was the result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate as I really liked the position, salary and package and I didn't want to loose it. but i suggest others still try to negotiate things like salary, vacation days, benefits etc. Don't just focus on base salary, but focus on other elements where you may have more leverage

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!