GlaxoSmithKline

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2009.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.

Interview Question – How would you handle such and such situation?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was all pretty easy. They called me up and asked me to pretty much sell myself. I 'm pretty good at doing that so it went well. Some of the questions they asked me were pretty random like "If you could be any brand of cereal, which brand would you be?" I thought it was a joke, so I treated it like a joke. Something must have went right because I got offered the internship.

Interview Question – "If you could be any brand of cereal, currently on the market, which brand would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Interns are not allowed to negotiate- you take what they offer.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – I applied online to this position. They called me back and invited me over to their research facility without doing phone interview. When I got there they took me to the conference room. There were four people other than me and they each asked me questions. Most of them were general questions about my major and research experience.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was about my research and wet bench skills. They wanted to know how familiar I am with large test machines.   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in march when many intern positions came online. Out of the few that I applied for, I only heard back from 1 and was asked to set up a time for a phone interview. Being that I was not in the local area, but still in school, I didn't have to go in for a one on one interview, but they might require that normally. One week later, I got an offer.

Interview Question – Discuss your background in research   View Answer

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!