GlaxoSmithKline Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

An online video chat for about and hour. He asked about my background and my research work. He also asked about the detail about several courses I have taken before. He also mentioned the current work and the expectation for the intern. And finally let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was covered in your algorithm course?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

It was all pretty easy. They called me up and asked me to pretty much sell myself. I 'm pretty good at doing that so it went well. Some of the questions they asked me were pretty random like "If you could be any brand of cereal, which brand would you be?" I thought it was a joke, so I treated it like a joke. Something must have went right because I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• "If you could be any brand of cereal, currently on the market, which brand would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Interns are not allowed to negotiate- you take what they offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview. It was pretty chill, and more of getting to know you. No situational questions or exams. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. However, I arrived right on time for the interview and they still made me wait for around 30 minutes. After the interview, I was asked to fill up an application form.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process started by the exchange of a few emails with an HR manager. After the submition of my CV and cover letter, she put me in contact with my future manager. Then, I got a phone interview with this manager and her boss. After several questions on my CV and my experience, they asked me why GSK, why Procurement and ultimately, to describe a discount I had nogatiated in my life.

Interview Questions

• Describe a discount you have negotiated in your life. It could be anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what were my expectations in terms of salary. I replied I was not asking much but I wanted to be financially independent so I would appreciate to have enough for food and accomodation. The manager said, without mentionning any amount, that they would give me a small compensation. Eventually, £1200/ month was more than enough

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online to this position. They called me back and invited me over to their research facility without doing phone interview. When I got there they took me to the conference room. There were four people other than me and they each asked me questions. Most of them were general questions about my major and research experience.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was about my research and wet bench skills. They wanted to know how familiar I am with large test machines.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online in march when many intern positions came online. Out of the few that I applied for, I only heard back from 1 and was asked to set up a time for a phone interview. Being that I was not in the local area, but still in school, I didn't have to go in for a one on one interview, but they might require that normally. One week later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your background in research   1 Answer