GlaxoSmithKline

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Vaccines Telesales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

STAR INTERVIEW. Know the vaccines prior to the interview. Dress to impress, full suit, black or grey. Slouching is highly frowned upon. Don't be a brown noser, no one likes that.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between territory management and account management?   Answer Question

Clinical Data Scientist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Ask psychological questions that really don't address the skills of the candidate. Received call from the HR representative who offered me the position with the salary and benefits. Allowed a week to accept or decline the offer and was able to negotiate salary.

Future Leaders Program - Sales & Marketing FT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The application is online and there's an essay portion to it.

They started off with a phone interview which was about 45 minutes long and super in-depth. It was all behavioral questions and they force you to use the STAR method so if you start and don't use it, they'll stop you and make you start again. At the end of that phone call, they'll tell you whether not they want you to move on to their assessment center.

In the assessment center, you get a case study which you read overnight then you use the same information for your super day. There's 2 group projects, a presentation, a role playing scenario and finally a one-on-one interview. They'll tell you usually within a day if you got the offer or not.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

phone screening then 2 days of interviewing each around 1.5 hrs long, both with my now manager, easy going simple questions (a lot), answer in STAR format. Most will not interview like this, usually you do a 1on1 interview after a phone screening, then a second 1on1 then you have a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to detail two products on 2nd and final day of interview.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room to negotiate, salary is pretty fixed on what they tell you.

Safety Assessment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied online. After two weeks, I received an email for a phone interview scheduled for the same day in the afternoon. The interview involves going through the job description and the expectation required of intern. Then specific questions were asked regarding my past experience working with animals especially rodents. There questions that try to know whether I am an animal activist and whether I will comfortable working with animals. Expecting to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • What motivated you to apply to this program/department?   View Answer
    No negotiation. No relocation and transportation subsidies.

Future Leaders Program - Procurement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I applied online after speaking with a representative at a career fair. After one phone interview I was invited for the final round. The final round consisted of a day and a half of interviewing and assessments.

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Two phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions and past research projects, and one on site interview consisting of talk with in person interviews all day. Most interviewers were very nice / laid back and seemed like softball questions but then others seemed interested in playing a good cop / bad cop routine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions went the full way from some more algorithmic descriptions to biological questions about study design. The length of the process and diversity of the questions rather than any specific question was a bit tiring for me but it was also the first time in my life I did it.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very last minute phone interview request; interviewer requested a very rigid STAR method for interview. Followed by onsite interview for two days while interviewers observe how each candidate work in a team environment. I would have preferred the interview process to be explained sooner and did not have to schedule multiple interviews last minute.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to be firm in your belief.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Director Interview

Resume Review followed by interviews (1-2) optional group interview. This depends on the job being applied for and the country also. Sometimes a final interview may be needed with the hiring managers line manager also but this is for director level and above roles only.

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2014.

I applied online 8/2014 and was contacted for a phone screen with HR about 2 months later. About 2.5 weeks after the initial screening I had a Skype interview with 3 people from the safety department. I was offered and accepted the job a couple of days later. Everyone was pleasant and professional to interview with. I haven't interviewed via Skype much, but there is a lot of great info on the web about how to prepare for this type of interview. It was a little uncomfortable to accept a position without seeing the facility and meeting the people I will work with in person, but I'm not local to the plant.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything too unexpected. Skype interview consisted of behavioral questions and expertise questions.   Answer Question
    The offer was good so no need to negotiate.