GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
141 interviews

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question
    Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very stressful interview. Too many rounds. HR interview is stupid, but the interview with executive director was difficult.
    Too much stress on sales and less on marketing even though the position was for marketing. Overall a very good expereince

Not at all. They didn't make any room for it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Investigator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

Applied online and got a phone screen within a week. Interview was mostly skill based questions; for example, what is your experience with air permits? Have ever changed a process from respirator-required to non-respirator required?
    Interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really hard questions. Just more skill based than anything and I'm pretty new to safety so couldn't answer some because they aren't applicable to my current experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK found me through a recruiter. Went through one 60-minute interview with HR Recruiter, mostly general questions to determine fit. Then 2 phone screens with hiring manager followed by a half day one-on-ones with 3 different VP level decision makers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you struggled with an assignment because it felt in conflict with your ethics and integrity. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. GSK does a great job laying out the benefits of joining in an easy to understand fashion.

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Questions
    • The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2014.

Interviewed in Parsippany for four hours, met with some descent people. Contacted them two weeks after the interview for a status update, never a response back. Contacted once again, again no response. I feel it was inconsiderate of such a large company, I'd think twice before applying to GSK again.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around Brand Finance, something I had limited background in.   Answer Question

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Questions
    • What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   View Answer

Validation Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK follows a very standardized interview process centered around assuring that there is no discrimination of applicants. Questions are screened and approved by HR for use in the interview process so there is little to distinguish applicants who give standard responses. The way to distinguish yourself from other applicants is through technical expertise and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions specific to the role of the application.   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!