GlaxoSmithKline

Relevance Date Difficulty

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

EHS Compliance Specialist
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone screen within a week. Interview was mostly skill based questions; for example, what is your experience with air permits? Have ever changed a process from respirator-required to non-respirator required?
Interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Question – No really hard questions. Just more skill based than anything and I'm pretty new to safety so couldn't answer some because they aren't applicable to my current experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – GSK found me through a recruiter. Went through one 60-minute interview with HR Recruiter, mostly general questions to determine fit. Then 2 phone screens with hiring manager followed by a half day one-on-ones with 3 different VP level decision makers.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you struggled with an assignment because it felt in conflict with your ethics and integrity. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. GSK does a great job laying out the benefits of joining in an easy to understand fashion.

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Operational Excellence Leader
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Question – The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed in Parsippany for four hours, met with some descent people. Contacted them two weeks after the interview for a status update, never a response back. Contacted once again, again no response. I feel it was inconsiderate of such a large company, I'd think twice before applying to GSK again.

Interview Question – Questions around Brand Finance, something I had limited background in.   Answer Question

Validation Manager Interview

Validation Manager

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – GSK follows a very standardized interview process centered around assuring that there is no discrimination of applicants. Questions are screened and approved by HR for use in the interview process so there is little to distinguish applicants who give standard responses. The way to distinguish yourself from other applicants is through technical expertise and personality.

Interview Question – Technical questions specific to the role of the application.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

DPU Heart Failure Coop
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Question – What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   View Answer

Future Leaders: Environmental Health & Safety Interview

Future Leaders: Environmental Health & Safety

I applied online and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very nice and gave time to think about answers. My interview was over the phone. We started out with basic information like my GPA, graduation date, etc. Then we proceeded the behavioral questions. If candidates are selected to proceed, they are invited onsite for another step in the process.

Interview Question – I was asked 3 behavioral questions. What is my motivation for the job, a time I dealt with conflict and how I handled it, and a time where I used creativity in a project.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I had an in person interview at a career fair which went well and then I had a phone interview with two brand managers which went okay. I have never heard back from the company after the phone interview despite following up several times.

Interview Question – Perform a SWOT analysis on your favorite company
What company do you think has the best marketing campaign
What are the most important questions an ABM should ask on their first day
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone and in person. Focus was on chemistry with the manager and less on how the manager was viewed within the company. Would be good to speak to others who know the manager before deciding to join.

Interview Question – What is your plan to do X, Y, Z?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonsalary items were nonnegotiable.

Catalyst Scientist Interview

Catalyst Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – The phone interview was not a traditional type of behavioral Q&A. We only talked about research and the details. The recruiter introduced the company and the position first, answered my questions, and then listened to me on my previous research experience with occasional technical questions.

Interview Question – The process was very straightforward and smooth, focusing on research skills. No difficult or unexpected question asked.   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!