GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a phone interview. Interview was not hiring manager but another engineering working at the hiring location, who then gave his recommendation to the hiring manager. They later told me they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick GSK? Typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Operator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Marietta, PA).

Interview

Applied for job then 2 weeks pass by Phone screen with hr 1 week pass by Group panel interview 1.5 weeks go by Pre hiring testing 1 week went by Job offer Then background check Then offer letter and congratulations if you make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Be very prepared for thorough questions and even more thought out answers against experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

A broad range of situational questions. i.e. How would you do manage situations dependent on a number of set parameters. HR filter candidates first before you get a chance to talk to the hiring manager. The mood was quite relaxed but you definitely got a feel that the department was very busy which was great for me as I built up my experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Education level, aspirations, level of resilience, change   Answer Question

Manufacturing/Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zebulon, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Zebulon, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Was greeted at entrance by interviewer, led to conference room to discuss candidacy, was given a tour of solid dose manufacturing department. Was asked if I had any questions before being escorted to exit. Staff was friendly, interviewer seemed a little stressed or under time pressure.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement and why did you choose that achievement? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for phone screen, then interview with DM by phone and then schedule f2f interview with DM. I was a bit unusual as I applied out of state and the DM had to fly out to meet me. RVP was too tight on schedule to meet candidates so they went ahead with an offer after f2f. The interview process was respectful and expected. However gsk is extremely by the book and DM will only ask questions verbatim from the interview pages. It was a bit more difficult than others as there would be multiple questions within one, testing various aptitudes and you have to meet them all with one answer.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled persistent rejection in the past?   1 Answer

Director, Global Medical Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by face to face about a month later. F2F consisted of meeting with 2 managers, 1 marketing employee and an intern. Each asked 5 behavioral questions. After each had their individual round of questions we were given a task to complete and asked to give a presentation after about 30 min prep time.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions regarding teamwork, leadership and conflict.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

It was over 25 years since I've interviewed. I got my job at Glaxo by coming in as a Manpower employee. I was in Marketing for about 9 months before I was hired in Project Management and have been in Project Management for my entire time at GSK.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would respond to a situation and I replied. I don't remember the exact question because it's been so long ago now.   Answer Question

Temporary Instrument Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Durham, NC).

Interview

30-45 minutes each with 4 different directors. They each asked the same basic set of questions from HR. They were behavioral type questions the kind where they try to determine how you would respond in the future. Basically any list of top 50 nterview questions will help. It was of course more technical in nature since it was for a science job.

Interview Questions

• Had a checklist of personnel department approved questions. Mostly situation-action-outcome format, aka tell me about a time where you disagreed with a coworker?   1 Answer
    • Each dept head spent about 20 minutes describing what they do. In hindsight personalities really were on display. Be alert, an energy drink may help, technical talks off the cuff about subjects you are not aware/interested in can be rather dry.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

tough- behavioral questions that were not reflective of any past experience in sales that I was able to communicate; It seems they tend to go back on their word about the Novartis integration and the jobs that GSK people were supposed to keep

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had a challenging situation with work and a co worker   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview was to the point and not intimidating. The questions were standard and the people interviewing were friendly. The interview lasted about an hour, with three people interviewing, one at a time, for fifteen minutes each. It ended with a tour around the facility.