GlaxoSmithKline

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analytical Scientist Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

Interview Question – What would you implement to solve this......   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – The process was pretty informal. I had conducted a good phone interview that was about 30 minutes long. When i was brought in for a face to face interview, i had the impression that they already wanted to hire me, and were just bringing me in to make sure i wasnt a psychopath. Most of the people i have met are very relaxed, and are focused on making sure the people they hire work well in the environment

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult question was answering where i planned to be at the end of my contract.   Answer Question

Network Operations Co-op Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for the position and they were questions regarding my future goals and how much I will be learning from this experience.

Interview Question – I was not asked a difficult technical question regarding the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to work in the RTP office instead of the Navy yard location in Philadelphia.

Future Leaders Sales and Marketing New Grad Development Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Initially applied via campus recruiting. First round was a one on one with HR person who led recruiting for this program. Asked questions such as why GSK, what motivates you, tell me about your greatest accomplishment/achievement, and tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult, as well as some other classic behaviors (there may have been one on persuasion, cant completely remember). Overall went smoothly, heard back about 3 days later I had been invited to the assessment center.

The second round consisted of several tasks including interviews, presentations, role playing, and writing assessments. Most of which you can't really prepare for so all you need to do is be confident and be able to support your claims with evidence. The behavior interview the second day consisted of ten questions that lasted roughly an hour. Everyone was very nice, HR staff members were so comforting and generous.

Interview Question – Based on an employees past achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and experience at this fictional company (information was given on each of these), determine whether or not to continue with his letter of resignation or persuade him to stay.   Answer Question

Senior Scientific Investigator (Medicinal Chemist) Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2010.

Interview Details – Job opening recommended by a friend. One-day interview which included giving a seminar and interviewing with several individuals throughout the day. Lunch with another group of would-be peers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your old company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Therapeutic Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Five interviews including one with the hiring manager, a second with the same hiring manager and another area manager (after which I was given a book on Pharmacology, told to study it, and asked to come back in to take a test during my third interview); the fourth interview was a ride along with reps on the team with which I'd be working, and the fifth and final interview was with a Regional Manager. Everyone I met with was friendly and accommodating while still remaining professional.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time when you have proactively investigated a problem that led to a new way of working? How did you approach this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and title, so that I was brought on as a senior rep (also the highest salary bracket for those new to the company) rather than entry level.

Epidemiologist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – I was recruited through another agency. The process from application to first day on the job was probably 2-3 months. This involved one phone interview with the recruiter and one interview with the hiring manager at GSK. Both were very nice and easy to talk to. It was not nearly as intimidating as I had expected it to be.

Interview Question – How do you deal with multiple requests from multiple people who all think their request is the most important?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I did not choose to negotiate.

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Phone prescreen, 2 interviews with Hiring manager, 1 additional interview with hiring manager, an additional manager and area vice president. Questioning was in the STAR format and focused on behaviors and results.

Interview Question – A business case where you weren't successful in meeting your goals   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2012.

Interview Details – They e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview. They called and we spoke for about 25 minutes about my experience and such. Then they called me back about a week later to schedule an interview for in-person. This was mostly a chance to meet formally and to see the place.

Interview Question – They asked me what my favorite thing about science research is, which was tough at first but actually turns out to be a pretty nice question. Nothing too surprising though.   Answer Question

Immunization Sales Associate Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – A full interview with all the typical questions that would be expected

Interview Question – What animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GlaxoSmithKline interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews posted anonymously by GlaxoSmithKline employees and interview candidates.