GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

An online video chat for about and hour. He asked about my background and my research work. He also asked about the detail about several courses I have taken before. He also mentioned the current work and the expectation for the intern. And finally let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was covered in your algorithm course?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

- first round was behavioral, asked basic questions about my previous experience and internships
    - onsite was a long day. There were several rounds:
    1. Given a case, and needed to present how you would describe product to market
    2. 1:1 with member of Sales team
    3. Another 1:1 with member of Marketing team
    4. Group assessment test where you listen to each other pitches and then come together to determine best one

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

several Situation Task Action Result questions with panel, very pleasant interviewers, should have asked many more technical questions, although I got an interview, I do not feel like others got a fair chance at getting the interview. There were many qualified candidates that did get an interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you most qualified for the job?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stress as many different tasks are competing for resources?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Phila, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions

• Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   1 Answer
    • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   1 Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1 hour phone screening interview followed by 1 hour live interview. Reviewed resume and was asked mostly behavioral based questions. Two interviewers were present.

Interview Questions

• How do you bring value to your customers? Provide an example.   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Went through a group interview. Individual interview. Was disapointed I didn't receive an offer. Have kept in touch about possible jobs in the future.

Human Resources Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three Stages

1) Online Application - resume, cover letter, online application
    2) Phone Interview - 45 minute long behavioral interview
    3) Assessment Center - visited company headquarters in King of Prussia, PA and spent the day completing Assessment Center activities (role play, behavioral interview, group work, crisis management, individual presentation)

Interview Questions

• One of the activities we had to complete was to pick a product (out of three we were given) and give an individual presentation on why we picked that certain product (i.e. its benefits) and why we picked it over the other two products (i.e. the other products' downfalls)   Answer Question

Vaccines Telesales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

STAR INTERVIEW. Know the vaccines prior to the interview. Dress to impress, full suit, black or grey. Slouching is highly frowned upon. Don't be a brown noser, no one likes that.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between territory management and account management?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

phone screening then 2 days of interviewing each around 1.5 hrs long, both with my now manager, easy going simple questions (a lot), answer in STAR format. Most will not interview like this, usually you do a 1on1 interview after a phone screening, then a second 1on1 then you have a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to detail two products on 2nd and final day of interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negotiate, salary is pretty fixed on what they tell you.

Clinical Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Ask psychological questions that really don't address the skills of the candidate. Received call from the HR representative who offered me the position with the salary and benefits. Allowed a week to accept or decline the offer and was able to negotiate salary.