GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Senior Scientist/Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

I was emailed for a screening interview over the phone. We scheduled for the following week. I was interviewed by two pleasant scientists, who asked me technical questions that pertained to the position, no behavioral questions. I sent a follow up email and never heard back from them. It's been about 3-4 weeks since the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. They were really just; what is your experience with this or that?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Received and initial email from the hiring manager in which we agreed upon a set time for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was completely inappropriate. The interview started off great, and was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Once my answer was given the manager seemed as though they felt threatened and were completely rude the rest of the interview. I was emailed to set up an on-site interview, though I declined due to the uncomfortableness I encountered with the hiring manager.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question
    Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very stressful interview. Too many rounds. HR interview is stupid, but the interview with executive director was difficult.
    Too much stress on sales and less on marketing even though the position was for marketing. Overall a very good expereince

Not at all. They didn't make any room for it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Investigator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

Applied online and got a phone screen within a week. Interview was mostly skill based questions; for example, what is your experience with air permits? Have ever changed a process from respirator-required to non-respirator required?
    Interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really hard questions. Just more skill based than anything and I'm pretty new to safety so couldn't answer some because they aren't applicable to my current experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK found me through a recruiter. Went through one 60-minute interview with HR Recruiter, mostly general questions to determine fit. Then 2 phone screens with hiring manager followed by a half day one-on-ones with 3 different VP level decision makers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you struggled with an assignment because it felt in conflict with your ethics and integrity. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. GSK does a great job laying out the benefits of joining in an easy to understand fashion.

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Questions
    • The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2014.

Interviewed in Parsippany for four hours, met with some descent people. Contacted them two weeks after the interview for a status update, never a response back. Contacted once again, again no response. I feel it was inconsiderate of such a large company, I'd think twice before applying to GSK again.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around Brand Finance, something I had limited background in.   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!