GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2009.

I first saw the manager at a recruitment event in Knoxville. If I wasn't young looking for my age (34 at the time) and attractive, I bet I would not have been offered the next step. First, there was a phone interview. Next, the company had a face-to-face interview with three different managers. There was a call back and an interview scheduled for the next week, again. After passing that test, the company had another face-to-face interview with the local managers. They told me to find out as much as I could about Advair, their current promotion. I researched and memorized as much as I possibly could. I knew details by memory that some of their seasoned reps probably didn't know about the drug. Each interview seemed to hinge on the same question-"Why do you think you can do this job if you've never been in sales." I didn't have sales experience or a business degree and this seemed to bother the district manager even though I possessed two graduate degrees and better grades than him ( He revealed this in the interview process.) in science courses in college. After the second-to-last interview, he said he would have liked to see a business plan. (He didn't mention wanting one for the interview.) I told him that I could get him one and drove back into Knoxville with one in an hour. After completion of this task, I was offered a ride-along, the coveted last step in the interview process. My ride-along partner pretty much assumed that my job offer was in the bag. The GlaxoSmithKline rep and I were in the middle of the day when we were told to meet the rest of the team for lunch ( a surprise) at a downtown restaurant. All the reps did was to talk badly about the manger and about what a jerk he was to work for. After the rest of the afternoon calling on doctor's offices and pharmacists, the rep was called and the manager asked if I could drop by to interview again. Another surprise awaiting me was the appearance of the regional manager who was sneering at me as I walked through the door. He was very negative as he looked at my resume and asked me questions. I had the feeling his mind was made up against me as I walked through the door, but I remained confident. The district manager asked me about the lunch and what we talked about. I did not mention his employee's comments, but maybe I should have. Maybe this was another of the company's interview tactics. One word of advice to GlaxoSmithKline candidates: the Knoxville group is full of local "celebrities" including an ex-weatherman and a former U.T. cheerleader, and they seem to take pride in that. Another successful candidate was an ex-Yellowbook rep who seemed a little too provacative in her dress. Business black suits must go after you're hired, I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Every team has a group of people designed to meet different needs. Would you saw you are a leader, a cheerleader, a data cruncher or a follower when it comes to one of the roles needed on my team?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2012.

Starts with an online application form, prett standard stuff, then if you get through that stage you are asked to complete 2 aptitude tests. Passing these will result in a telephone competency interview.

Finally if you get through that you are invited to a 2 dat assessment centre. This by far the most grueling assessment centre I have been to and was completely knackered by the end of it. Every one was really nice and helpful and they really go the extra mile to woo you.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you worked as part of a team to find a number of options to resolve a problem and how you decided which option to take.   Answer Question

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2013.

DM ten IQ & english test then HR interview with third party HR organization then HR from GSK then Panel interview with some training and sales managers in which you have to make a presentation analyzing and giving a solutions for a case that may face you in the market if GSK hired you after that the final interview with the HR director and the sales Director .

Interview Questions
    • business case you have to analyse it and give solutions .   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program - Procurement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I applied online after speaking with a representative at a career fair. After one phone interview I was invited for the final round. The final round consisted of a day and a half of interviewing and assessments.

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Two phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions and past research projects, and one on site interview consisting of talk with in person interviews all day. Most interviewers were very nice / laid back and seemed like softball questions but then others seemed interested in playing a good cop / bad cop routine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions went the full way from some more algorithmic descriptions to biological questions about study design. The length of the process and diversity of the questions rather than any specific question was a bit tiring for me but it was also the first time in my life I did it.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program - Sales & Marketing FT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The application is online and there's an essay portion to it.

They started off with a phone interview which was about 45 minutes long and super in-depth. It was all behavioral questions and they force you to use the STAR method so if you start and don't use it, they'll stop you and make you start again. At the end of that phone call, they'll tell you whether not they want you to move on to their assessment center.

In the assessment center, you get a case study which you read overnight then you use the same information for your super day. There's 2 group projects, a presentation, a role playing scenario and finally a one-on-one interview. They'll tell you usually within a day if you got the offer or not.

Clinical Data Scientist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Ask psychological questions that really don't address the skills of the candidate. Received call from the HR representative who offered me the position with the salary and benefits. Allowed a week to accept or decline the offer and was able to negotiate salary.

Future Leaders Programmer - Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

First rounds - Online Application Form, Online Psychometric Tests were relatively easy to complete
    Second round - Video interview: behavioural questions only. About 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer each. An additional 2 minutes at the back to add additional comments or clarify anything you might have been unclear or have missed out.
    Final round - Assessment day: ability test, behavioural interview, role play, individual written exercise and a presentation. Make sure to read up on the process and GSK's competencies before the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you took a risk and how you made your decision   Answer Question

Human Resources Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2015.

Three Stages

1) Online Application - resume, cover letter, online application
    2) Phone Interview - 45 minute long behavioral interview
    3) Assessment Center - visited company headquarters in King of Prussia, PA and spent the day completing Assessment Center activities (role play, behavioral interview, group work, crisis management, individual presentation)

Interview Questions
    • One of the activities we had to complete was to pick a product (out of three we were given) and give an individual presentation on why we picked that certain product (i.e. its benefits) and why we picked it over the other two products (i.e. the other products' downfalls)   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Went through 4 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Went through a group interview. Individual interview. Was disapointed I didn't receive an offer. Have kept in touch about possible jobs in the future.