GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.1

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Situational questions. For example, tell me a time when you made an impact with your team. How would you describe a difficult situation? How did you handle/resolve that situation?

Senior Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview with Agent and then GSK. All very straight forward and relevant for once! Not sure what else to add to this as the interview process these days is relevant to the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• Type of experience, previous roles, type of work done before   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 level interview process involving business heads to justify the new recruit. this helps to determine whether the candidate is fit for the business. Initially the recruiter understand the candidates level of interest based on which they forward the resume to the client. The organization ask very relevant job related questions which are really specific for any HRBP role

Interview Questions

• Assuming you are selected for the position, What would you ask a Commercial Director on the first meet?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Extensive questions were asked, many were rephrased to confuse you. Overall experience was great. Interviews helped a little. The only issue is that no one from the final interview was offered a role l. Feedback from interview was great.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavioural. GSK values. Focus on STAR format. F2f. With hiring manager, HUMAN RESOURCES, stakeholders. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. I received an offer however I declined because the offer was not competitive. There were two rounds of negotiation and GSK was unwilling to mover close to my target.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with a difficult ethical question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

After applying for a job through a company web page, I was contacted by HR and had a brief phone interview - very high level questions. I was asked to summarize my current reponsibilities and previous experiences, how did I learn about the company. Then I was invited to the office where I sat with HR person and used her laptop to have a video call with hiring manager and two team members. At this stage the HR was not asking any questions. Both the manager and two team members engaged in a conversation and asked follow up questions. I had an impression it went very well, but then had to wait about two weeks for a call afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where customer made unreasonable demand on your time? What did you do? Describe a situation where you had a difference of opinions with your manager - how did you deal with it? You were given clear priorities to work on by your manager before she left for holidays but then an urgent and potentially serious situation came up and you were the only one who could deal with it. What do you do?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Called manager, spoke to them about the kind of things I was doing at university, really good chat, very relaxed. Asked about extra-curricular activities, seemed genuinely interested, made things much easier for me to interact with them. Then spoke about the kinds o things I would be doing, which was really interesting, and then accepted the job

Interview Questions

• What do you find easiest at uni?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate, but as intern didn't expect to be able to

Communications Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively simple: I submitted my application form and CV through GSK's website, and then was invited to an Assessment Centre. This consisted of a group exercise, competency based interview, writing task and presentation) . It was four months before I heard anything though so be patient. I recommend spending some time on the questions in the application form as having looked at those for my replacement's intake it is actually amazing what you see... Good, strong answers definitely stand out. Do your research!!!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you came up with a creative or innovative solution to a problem?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poznań, Greater Poland (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Poznań, Greater Poland (Poland)).

Interview

Highly focused on behaviours and ability to find solutions to problems, not necessarily technical ones. Be prepared for ITIL related questions or to show your previous implementation of ITIL processes in your last role. Also be prepared for a written quiz with technical questions depending on the role you are applying. The cliche question of "what's your faults?" will also be asked.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to convince someone that your approach was the correct one ? How did you do it ? What was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Biologics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A front for managers and HR selecting based on cost cutting measures. Hired persons with low performance rankings, lower salary and benefit packages, minimal sales skills and standards for performance. Avoided using any objective criteria to evaluate qualified candidates. Interviewing managers rely mostly on how candidate responds to fictitious situational questions.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you? Where do you want to be in 5 years? Situational questions.   1 Answer