GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions & Reviews

141 interviews

3.1

Future Leaders: Environmental Health & Safety Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The recruiter was very nice and gave time to think about answers. My interview was over the phone. We started out with basic information like my GPA, graduation date, etc. Then we proceeded the behavioral questions. If candidates are selected to proceed, they are invited onsite for another step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 behavioral questions. What is my motivation for the job, a time I dealt with conflict and how I handled it, and a time where I used creativity in a project.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2013.

First I had an in person interview at a career fair which went well and then I had a phone interview with two brand managers which went okay. I have never heard back from the company after the phone interview despite following up several times.

Interview Questions
    • Perform a SWOT analysis on your favorite company
      What company do you think has the best marketing campaign
      What are the most important questions an ABM should ask on their first day
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2012.

Phone and in person. Focus was on chemistry with the manager and less on how the manager was viewed within the company. Would be good to speak to others who know the manager before deciding to join.

Interview Questions
    nonsalary items were nonnegotiable.

Catalyst Scientist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The phone interview was not a traditional type of behavioral Q&A. We only talked about research and the details. The recruiter introduced the company and the position first, answered my questions, and then listened to me on my previous research experience with occasional technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The process was very straightforward and smooth, focusing on research skills. No difficult or unexpected question asked.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

It was very relaxed and quick. After applying in less than a week I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. This was the last step in the process. No face to face interviews were going to be conducted

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2014.

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   View Answer

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

QC Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The process was pretty informal. I had conducted a good phone interview that was about 30 minutes long. When i was brought in for a face to face interview, i had the impression that they already wanted to hire me, and were just bringing me in to make sure i wasnt a psychopath. Most of the people i have met are very relaxed, and are focused on making sure the people they hire work well in the environment

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult question was answering where i planned to be at the end of my contract.   Answer Question

Network Operations Co-op Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2013.

I had two interviews for the position and they were questions regarding my future goals and how much I will be learning from this experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked a difficult technical question regarding the position.   Answer Question
    I was able to work in the RTP office instead of the Navy yard location in Philadelphia.

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Initially applied via campus recruiting. First round was a one on one with HR person who led recruiting for this program. Asked questions such as why GSK, what motivates you, tell me about your greatest accomplishment/achievement, and tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult, as well as some other classic behaviors (there may have been one on persuasion, cant completely remember). Overall went smoothly, heard back about 3 days later I had been invited to the assessment center.

The second round consisted of several tasks including interviews, presentations, role playing, and writing assessments. Most of which you can't really prepare for so all you need to do is be confident and be able to support your claims with evidence. The behavior interview the second day consisted of ten questions that lasted roughly an hour. Everyone was very nice, HR staff members were so comforting and generous.

Interview Questions
    • Based on an employees past achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and experience at this fictional company (information was given on each of these), determine whether or not to continue with his letter of resignation or persuade him to stay.   Answer Question