GlaxoSmithKline

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Questions
    • The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Vaccine Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2014.

Applied online and was given a phone interview shortly after. Was then asked to come in for a formal interview. Was notified a week or two later by email that I had not gotten the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a customer or client who was upset with your company's product. What did you do to fix it?   View Answer

Validation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK follows a very standardized interview process centered around assuring that there is no discrimination of applicants. Questions are screened and approved by HR for use in the interview process so there is little to distinguish applicants who give standard responses. The way to distinguish yourself from other applicants is through technical expertise and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions specific to the role of the application.   Answer Question

Future Leaders: Environmental Health & Safety Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The recruiter was very nice and gave time to think about answers. My interview was over the phone. We started out with basic information like my GPA, graduation date, etc. Then we proceeded the behavioral questions. If candidates are selected to proceed, they are invited onsite for another step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 behavioral questions. What is my motivation for the job, a time I dealt with conflict and how I handled it, and a time where I used creativity in a project.   Answer Question

Catalyst Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The phone interview was not a traditional type of behavioral Q&A. We only talked about research and the details. The recruiter introduced the company and the position first, answered my questions, and then listened to me on my previous research experience with occasional technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The process was very straightforward and smooth, focusing on research skills. No difficult or unexpected question asked.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

It was very relaxed and quick. After applying in less than a week I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. This was the last step in the process. No face to face interviews were going to be conducted

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2014.

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   View Answer

QC Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The process was pretty informal. I had conducted a good phone interview that was about 30 minutes long. When i was brought in for a face to face interview, i had the impression that they already wanted to hire me, and were just bringing me in to make sure i wasnt a psychopath. Most of the people i have met are very relaxed, and are focused on making sure the people they hire work well in the environment

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult question was answering where i planned to be at the end of my contract.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Sales and Marketing New Grad Development Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Initially applied via campus recruiting. First round was a one on one with HR person who led recruiting for this program. Asked questions such as why GSK, what motivates you, tell me about your greatest accomplishment/achievement, and tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult, as well as some other classic behaviors (there may have been one on persuasion, cant completely remember). Overall went smoothly, heard back about 3 days later I had been invited to the assessment center.

The second round consisted of several tasks including interviews, presentations, role playing, and writing assessments. Most of which you can't really prepare for so all you need to do is be confident and be able to support your claims with evidence. The behavior interview the second day consisted of ten questions that lasted roughly an hour. Everyone was very nice, HR staff members were so comforting and generous.

Interview Questions
    • Based on an employees past achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and experience at this fictional company (information was given on each of these), determine whether or not to continue with his letter of resignation or persuade him to stay.   View Answer

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Questions
    • What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   View Answer