GlaxoSmithKline

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Senior Scientist/Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

I was emailed for a screening interview over the phone. We scheduled for the following week. I was interviewed by two pleasant scientists, who asked me technical questions that pertained to the position, no behavioral questions. I sent a follow up email and never heard back from them. It's been about 3-4 weeks since the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. They were really just; what is your experience with this or that?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK found me through a recruiter. Went through one 60-minute interview with HR Recruiter, mostly general questions to determine fit. Then 2 phone screens with hiring manager followed by a half day one-on-ones with 3 different VP level decision makers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you struggled with an assignment because it felt in conflict with your ethics and integrity. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. GSK does a great job laying out the benefits of joining in an easy to understand fashion.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question
    Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Questions
    • The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Vaccine Telesales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2014.

Applied online and was given a phone interview shortly after. Was then asked to come in for a formal interview. Was notified a week or two later by email that I had not gotten the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a customer or client who was upset with your company's product. What did you do to fix it?   View Answer

Validation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

GSK follows a very standardized interview process centered around assuring that there is no discrimination of applicants. Questions are screened and approved by HR for use in the interview process so there is little to distinguish applicants who give standard responses. The way to distinguish yourself from other applicants is through technical expertise and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions specific to the role of the application.   Answer Question

Future Leaders: Environmental Health & Safety Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The recruiter was very nice and gave time to think about answers. My interview was over the phone. We started out with basic information like my GPA, graduation date, etc. Then we proceeded the behavioral questions. If candidates are selected to proceed, they are invited onsite for another step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 behavioral questions. What is my motivation for the job, a time I dealt with conflict and how I handled it, and a time where I used creativity in a project.   Answer Question

Catalyst Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The phone interview was not a traditional type of behavioral Q&A. We only talked about research and the details. The recruiter introduced the company and the position first, answered my questions, and then listened to me on my previous research experience with occasional technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The process was very straightforward and smooth, focusing on research skills. No difficult or unexpected question asked.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

It was very relaxed and quick. After applying in less than a week I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. This was the last step in the process. No face to face interviews were going to be conducted

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2014.

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   View Answer