GlaxoSmithKline

3.1

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2013.

Will ask you to do a STAR panel and then will make you present a scenario. Then you will have to sit through questions about your former employers and why you want to work at GSK

Interview Questions
    • most challenging opportunity that you have come across in your last year and why you did what you did   View Answer

chemistry with interviewer and bad press about company

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

STAR process, job description focused, "what you did". Process is generally slow. Salary negotiations are critical since 1st offer will almost always low ball. Unlikely to get promoted so come in as high as possible.

simple

Oral Healthcare Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Received email asking to schedule phone interview with recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Demographic info, example of leadership, college, degree, GPA, last two jobs & job descriptions, minimum salary requirement, familiarity with company, willing to travel for training. Was told that my info would be sent on and if selected for further interview, would be contacted in 2-3 weeks.   Answer Question

Inside Immunization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2013.

Gave my resume to someone who already worked for department. Had a week to study for a vaccine related test. If passed, interview continued. Discussed normal interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses, past work experience, and where do you see yourself in so many years.

n/a

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The first-round interview was held at my college campus, and was a short 30 minute discussion that included my resume, a behavioral question, and a technical question focusing on how pumps work.

After three months, a recruiter from GSK emailed me to inform me that I had been selected for the final round. My interview was at the Oak Hill, NY site with the director of the department I was going to be working in and with someone from HR. The interview (5 questions and approx. 1.5 hrs) delved further into my background, competencies, and concluded with a tour of the facility.

I got the good news the day after!

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important parameter to think about when purchasing/using a pump to draw out water.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. I really had nothing to leverage!

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2013.

Apparently there is something going on within GSK. The interview process is very disorganized and disrespectful. It took almost 2 months to set up the initial phone screen involving 3 different HR people and 3 scientists. After finally nailed down a time and date, I was noticed one week ahead the interview will be cancelled due to time conflict and another HR or someone else will come up with a new schedule. I was OK with that. BUT, two days prior to the original scheduled date, I received a call and asked me if I have 45 minutes for interview. I was totally unprepared and shocked! The interview went horrible, of course, not only because of the unprepared part but also there was absolutely no conversion between me and the interviewer. It was obvious the interviewer did not read my resume and knew the area I was and was not interested in. She asked very broad and detailed technique question, which I put it away for a long time.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview with DM went great. also had a good second interview. Too bad there is a hiring freeze.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2013.

I went through the application through the university career center and also their main website. After 2 weeks or so, I was contacted by the employers and was interviewed via phone. They are generally friendly, and ask questions that will possibly boost your confidence. It was not a tense interview, and the employers are only interested to know your level of enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you expect to get from this position?   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I was originally a contract hire, so communications were conducted via a staffing firm. At the time I lived out of state, so my initial interview was over the phone. I was then asked to come for an in-person interview, during which I interviewed with my supervisors and the head of the department. I was offered the job for an 18-month contract, at the end of which I was fortunate to be offered a permanent position at the company.

Network Operations Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2013.

I had two interviews for the position and they were questions regarding my future goals and how much I will be learning from this experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked a difficult technical question regarding the position.   Answer Question
    I was able to work in the RTP office instead of the Navy yard location in Philadelphia.