GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2010.

It was a very pleasant experience. The recruiter contacted me via phone and asked me about my courses and projects related to the qualifications they were looking for. He described the position to me.

Later I was called for an onsite interview. The whole team talked to me in groups of two and asked me several questions and kept asking tools and languages I used for doing my academic projects. The whole process was very smooth and each and every one of them made it really comfortable. They key is to have general software skills and a burning desire to learn and excel.

Interview Questions
    • What type of databases, repositories and languages you used for you academic projects?   View Answer

Senior Scientific Investigator (Medicinal Chemist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2010.

Job opening recommended by a friend. One-day interview which included giving a seminar and interviewing with several individuals throughout the day. Lunch with another group of would-be peers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your old company?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2010.

Applied online, had a ten minute phone interview and then 1:1 interviews with two members of the hiring group. Phone interview gathered more details on job history and asked if I had experience with some specific requirements (e.g. technical writing) for the position. Both 1:1 interviews were done within a 30-45 minute period.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual or difficult here. Mostly behavior based questions and a few questions to assess technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2010.

First went through a phone screen, then two managers interviewed me face to face, the hiring manager who was one of them then had me speak to the VP --her boss on the phone. A week later an off was made and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and how it resolved.   View Answer
    Was able to change start date. My usual advice is to take the offer!

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2010.

I applied through my school and was contacted by telephone. I received an overview of the position and was asked some basic questions about my experience, resume, and skills. During the phone conversation I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. Once onsite, I met with various scientists throughout the day. It was all very informal and casual. I was asked the basic behavioral questions that people find online, but they were more interested in me just telling them about my skills & understanding of the position. Overall, it was really easy - they just wanted a competent co-op.

None.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2009.

I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.

Senior Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2009.

Go to GSK's website and find their interview information. They explain the questions you'll be asked. The questions are all like, "explain a time when you....". Be prepared with specific examples! You usually at least get a lunch. Do not expect HR to call you back or send you a letter stating the position has been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you did not agree with your supervisor. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2009.

Intial phone interview occured approx. 2 weeks after submitting job application. Invited for an in-person interview a couple of days after that. The in-person interview was a panel interview with a behavioral question format. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the panel, shadowing of a current employee occurred, and, likewise, I found him to be very friendly. Slightly over 2 weeks after the in person interview, decisions were made and I was notified.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were under high pressure to meet demands.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to relay an unpopular message from the higher ups.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2009.

Very easy going, mostly behavioral. Applied online from www.gsk.com and then 2-3 months later got a call from the manager. Manager was very nice and asked very straight forward questions. Listening is key.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is VERY fair.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2009.

first it was a phone interview, then i received a call to come in for an in person interview. i had several one on one interviews. then i had a panel interview. at the end i was able to ask questions and discuss next steps.