GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2010.

It was a very pleasant experience. The recruiter contacted me via phone and asked me about my courses and projects related to the qualifications they were looking for. He described the position to me.

Later I was called for an onsite interview. The whole team talked to me in groups of two and asked me several questions and kept asking tools and languages I used for doing my academic projects. The whole process was very smooth and each and every one of them made it really comfortable. They key is to have general software skills and a burning desire to learn and excel.

Interview Questions
    • What type of databases, repositories and languages you used for you academic projects?   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2010.

I applied through my school and was contacted by telephone. I received an overview of the position and was asked some basic questions about my experience, resume, and skills. During the phone conversation I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. Once onsite, I met with various scientists throughout the day. It was all very informal and casual. I was asked the basic behavioral questions that people find online, but they were more interested in me just telling them about my skills & understanding of the position. Overall, it was really easy - they just wanted a competent co-op.

None.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2009.

first it was a phone interview, then i received a call to come in for an in person interview. i had several one on one interviews. then i had a panel interview. at the end i was able to ask questions and discuss next steps.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2010.

First went through a phone screen, then two managers interviewed me face to face, the hiring manager who was one of them then had me speak to the VP --her boss on the phone. A week later an off was made and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and how it resolved.   View Answer
    Was able to change start date. My usual advice is to take the offer!

Senior Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2009.

Go to GSK's website and find their interview information. They explain the questions you'll be asked. The questions are all like, "explain a time when you....". Be prepared with specific examples! You usually at least get a lunch. Do not expect HR to call you back or send you a letter stating the position has been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you did not agree with your supervisor. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Vaccines Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2008.

Interviewed with District Sales Manager. Initial questions were about past success stories. Then some hypothetical situations. Closed him and was top candidate. He chose another candidate with more vaccine experience.

Interview Questions
    • Decribe one of you most difficult successful outcomes.   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2009.

Very easy going, mostly behavioral. Applied online from www.gsk.com and then 2-3 months later got a call from the manager. Manager was very nice and asked very straight forward questions. Listening is key.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is VERY fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2009.

I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2008.

It was all pretty easy. They called me up and asked me to pretty much sell myself. I 'm pretty good at doing that so it went well. Some of the questions they asked me were pretty random like "If you could be any brand of cereal, which brand would you be?" I thought it was a joke, so I treated it like a joke. Something must have went right because I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could be any brand of cereal, currently on the market, which brand would you be and why?"   Answer Question
    None. Interns are not allowed to negotiate- you take what they offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2009.

Intial phone interview occured approx. 2 weeks after submitting job application. Invited for an in-person interview a couple of days after that. The in-person interview was a panel interview with a behavioral question format. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the panel, shadowing of a current employee occurred, and, likewise, I found him to be very friendly. Slightly over 2 weeks after the in person interview, decisions were made and I was notified.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were under high pressure to meet demands.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to relay an unpopular message from the higher ups.   Answer Question