GlaxoSmithKline

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ahmedabad (India)

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details – applied through campus, shortlisting on the basis of academic score
2nd round was GD, 50% shortlisted for PI.

Interview Question – why to buy dove not lux?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2010.

Interview Details – * Highly transparent
* Rigorous discussion & selection process
* Strong attention to details on resume
* Detailed background check process

Negotiation Details – * Two way
* Focus on a win win

IT Industrial Placement Student Interview

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details – Online Application and Interview (presentation and competency questions)

Interview Question – Had to prepare a presentation beforehand.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Good scope of topics discussed. Clear communication throughout. Very fair questions were asked in terms of previous work experience and what can be brought to the table. The interviewers go beyond just the job duties (consider compatibility of personality with job responsibilities). Very open to all types of questions related to politics, technical responsibilities, long term potential, vertical mobility, etc.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging project experience and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be frank and honest about what you bring to the table. Be very clear on what will be expected of you in the short and long term.

Chemical Engineering Role Interview

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details – Application Form -> Telephone Interview -> Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have come up with an innovative solution to a problem   Answer Question

IT Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Applied for the development program through career services. I was contacted for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. During the interview, the majority of questions were behavioral based. The interviewer was very friendly. The next step in the process was a day in which they invited interviewees to a center to administer tests to asses skills.

Interview Question – Tell me something new you have learned recently?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Headhunter into interviewing process

Interview Question – Lots of possible technical questions that need to be brushed up and are unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unnegotiable, no relocation, salary on lower end of spectrum for seniority.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Know your salary grade and it is easy.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – I applied online to this position. They called me back and invited me over to their research facility without doing phone interview. When I got there they took me to the conference room. There were four people other than me and they each asked me questions. Most of them were general questions about my major and research experience.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was about my research and wet bench skills. They wanted to know how familiar I am with large test machines.   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details – Phone screen, face to face with 5 managers