GlaxoSmithKline

3.1

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2011.

Interviewed by 6 PhD's in a panel interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of mainly discussing my past research and the research that the PTS group was involved in. Only a few of the general interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when an experiment did not go as planned and how you fixed the problem.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2011.

The Interview was very basic such as questions regarding why you want to work in this company, why GlaxoSmithKline and questions on your specific subjects such as have you worked in this technology, questions from the resume, describing projects etc. Also questions explaining previous work in your field, resposibilities etc

Biomanufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2011.

It was easy, people were friendly and it was well organized

Interview Questions
    • What is affinity chromatography and how does it work?   View Answer

Low hourly wage

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2011.

People there were very nice and open. I applied for the marketing internship position (B2B). The 1:1 interview was basically all behaviorals and they gave us a 4-page case, put us into a couple groups, and gave us 2 hours to prepare a presentation. The presentation was about 20 minutes with 10 minutes of Q&A. I didn't get an offer but the overall experience was very nice. What was best was that they gave each candidate a feedback from the assessors a week later.

Associate General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2011.

Was contacted by a recruiter for one position. Went and had a half day interview with several people. Then received a call from the recruiter about another open position, even though I was still under consideration for the first position. Had another half day interview and lunch with several different people. Didn't hear for weeks, but then finally received a form email rejection that did not clarify whether I was not selected for one or both jobs. I had to email the recruiter to determine I was not selected for either position. The two groups had different feelings (one seemed a little more fun than the other), but overall it was a pretty straightlaced, quiet environment. I think they were still reeling from a recent lawsuit where one of the group members had been charged with criminal offenses (which were eventually dropped).

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about having to stand up for an unpopular opinion and telling executives that they cannot do something they want to?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2010.

It was a very pleasant experience. The recruiter contacted me via phone and asked me about my courses and projects related to the qualifications they were looking for. He described the position to me.

Later I was called for an onsite interview. The whole team talked to me in groups of two and asked me several questions and kept asking tools and languages I used for doing my academic projects. The whole process was very smooth and each and every one of them made it really comfortable. They key is to have general software skills and a burning desire to learn and excel.

Interview Questions
    • What type of databases, repositories and languages you used for you academic projects?   View Answer

Senior Scientific Investigator (Medicinal Chemist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2010.

Job opening recommended by a friend. One-day interview which included giving a seminar and interviewing with several individuals throughout the day. Lunch with another group of would-be peers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your old company?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2010.

Applied online, had a ten minute phone interview and then 1:1 interviews with two members of the hiring group. Phone interview gathered more details on job history and asked if I had experience with some specific requirements (e.g. technical writing) for the position. Both 1:1 interviews were done within a 30-45 minute period.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual or difficult here. Mostly behavior based questions and a few questions to assess technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2010.

First went through a phone screen, then two managers interviewed me face to face, the hiring manager who was one of them then had me speak to the VP --her boss on the phone. A week later an off was made and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and how it resolved.   View Answer
    Was able to change start date. My usual advice is to take the offer!

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2010.

I applied through my school and was contacted by telephone. I received an overview of the position and was asked some basic questions about my experience, resume, and skills. During the phone conversation I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. Once onsite, I met with various scientists throughout the day. It was all very informal and casual. I was asked the basic behavioral questions that people find online, but they were more interested in me just telling them about my skills & understanding of the position. Overall, it was really easy - they just wanted a competent co-op.

None.