GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Questions
    • What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2014.

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   View Answer

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

Senior Scientific Investigator (Medicinal Chemist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2010.

Job opening recommended by a friend. One-day interview which included giving a seminar and interviewing with several individuals throughout the day. Lunch with another group of would-be peers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your old company?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2012.

The Hiring manager contacted my graduate advisor asking if he had any students finishing soon, I sent My CV and a cover letter. I was then contacted to schedule an on-site interview.

They paid for a plane trip and had a very nice car waiting at the airport. When I arrived for the interview I was told by the hiring manager that they were considering bringing Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC) on site (they were contracting the work out at the time). My graduate work had focused on AUC, but the position I had applied for said nothing about AUC.

The interview consisted of a series of 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews from 9 am to 3 pm. They provided lunch at the cafeteria where I ate with peers of the group I would be working in, who asked more questions. About half of the questions were general HR type stuff "how have you dealt with conflict" "what are your weaknesses." The other half was about AUC specifically.

As more and more questions were asked about AUC it became apparent to me that some of the group was in favor of moving AUC on-site and some were not, and I was in the position of defending AUC to the members who were not, which is not the interview I had prepared for. It was disappointing to be asked to justify something that was not in the job description of the position I was applying for.

On the plus side they didn't ask any quiz like questions testing your knowledge, they all just assumed I had the theoretical knowledge to do the job.

Overall a mixed experience. However the mechanics of booking flights and hotel rooms was handled well.

Interview Questions
    • What can Analytical Ultracentrifugation do for me that Size Exclusion Chromatography coupled to Multi-Angle Light Scattering cannot?   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!