GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Global Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals.

Primarily there are 2 techniques that are used: 1) personality tests and 2) targeted selection. An interview candidate could be asked to go through the personality test before advancing to the interview where targeted selection is most frequently utilzed

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you.... had trouble with a co-worker, had to deliver difficult news, etc. The ending of the question will depend on the challenges the given job is likely to face.   View Answer

Hospital Professional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals.

Going from another pharmaceutical agency it was a pleasant, smooth process.

The offer was significantly over my then current position. Starting date was the primary challenge needing time to wrap up with current employer and requiring 2 weeks additional for appropriate transition.

Financial Analyst Interview

Mgmt very late to interview

Bad perception

Respiratory Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals.

2 phone interview, one face to face. Interviewer lacked emotion and personality. Was notified by recruiter that position was filled

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in October 2012.

Regular behavioral interview questions. Why this program? What does marketing mean to you? Give me an example of a confrontation at work and how it was resolved.

Laboratory Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in April 2011.

I met with the head of the lab once before the job. I have a relative who works at GSK and through connections I was able to intern with the cancer metabolism drug discovery lab.

Interview Questions
    • There was no tough question, just basically what interested me about working in a laboratory environment.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Use the STAR technique for interview. Situation-Task-Action-Results. 5-7 interviews before the offer. This includes meeting your future team mates and VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had a tough customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, what steps did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Initial Phone screening led to 2 more phone interviews. This was followed up by a group interview with breakout sessions with different hiring managers. It was a intimidating process where the questions led to talking openly without a flow. I was brought into a large conference room where all the candidates received a brief introduction of the process then broke out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you overcame a hardship and won a deal.   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in September 2009.

Submitted and online resume, after approximately 4 weeks, I was contacted for an initial telephone screening which was followed by a face to face interview that consisted of 4 people inlcuding an hr director, 2 managers and a director from the department in a round table setting.

They hit me with standard, name a time when......, name a situation where...., how did you resolve, what was the outcome questions. Very typical scripted questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with a manager, what was the issue, what did you do, was it resolved, what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate on anything, even though I tried to negotiate.

Sale Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in August 2009.

Start with a phone interview and then if all goes well move to face to face

very littl