GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014
Updated Apr 3, 2014
5 interviews

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Initial Phone screening led to 2 more phone interviews. This was followed up by a group interview with breakout sessions with different hiring managers. It was a intimidating process where the questions led to talking openly without a flow. I was brought into a large conference room where all the candidates received a brief introduction of the process then broke out.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation where you overcame a hardship and won a deal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Use the STAR technique for interview. Situation-Task-Action-Results. 5-7 interviews before the offer. This includes meeting your future team mates and VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had a tough customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, what steps did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.

My former manager wanted to know who I was. His theory was if he can get along with me outside of work, he could manage me and trust me to do the job required. Afterwards, I interviewed with two of his team members to see if they can work with me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to persuade a physician who was using your competitor solely to your product? How did you approach him/her?   Answer Question
    None. They offer you the highest salary possible based on experience and previous salary if you came from another pharmaceutical company.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in September 2009.

The initial phase consisted of a phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview was arranged with Manager and an HR person present. A second interview which put case studies and another Manager to do role play with was arranged. Finally, met with national sales manager and then got an offer.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in November 2008.

Phone interview with receuiter followed by interview with DSM. Then interviewed with RSM and took pharma skills test. FInally offer was made via the phone, contingent on background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you went above any beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!