Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (4)
- Intern (2)
- Marketing (1)
- Medical Representative (1)
- Global Marketing (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Finance (1)
- Sale Executive (1)
- Information Analyst (1)
- Hospital Sales (1)
- Senior Sales Representative (1)
- Programmer (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Co-Op (1)
- Territory Sales Manager (1)
- Procurement (1)
- Laboratory Research Assistant (1)
- Utility Engineer (1)
- Senior Executive Therapeutic Sales Representative (1)
- Sles Representative (1)
- Medical Information Scientist (1)
- Vaccine Sales Position (1)
- MEDICAL BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (1)
- Associate Area Sales Manager (1)
- Bioanalyst Placement Student (1)
- Senior Regulatory Executive (1)
- Market Access Trainee (1)
- Respiratory Sales (1)
- Hospital Professional Sales Representative (1)
- PhD Graduate Scheme (1)
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals (Houston, TX) in June 2010.
Use the STAR technique for interview. Situation-Task-Action-Results. 5-7 interviews before the offer. This includes meeting your future team mates and VP of Sales.
- Give a situation where you had a tough customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, what steps did you do and what were the results? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in March 2010.
Initial Phone screening led to 2 more phone interviews. This was followed up by a group interview with breakout sessions with different hiring managers. It was a intimidating process where the questions led to talking openly without a flow. I was brought into a large conference room where all the candidates received a brief introduction of the process then broke out.
- Tell me about a situation where you overcame a hardship and won a deal. Answer Question
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in September 2009.
The initial phase consisted of a phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview was arranged with Manager and an HR person present. A second interview which put case studies and another Manager to do role play with was arranged. Finally, met with national sales manager and then got an offer.
- What was your greatest achievement on the field? Answer Question
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.
My former manager wanted to know who I was. His theory was if he can get along with me outside of work, he could manage me and trust me to do the job required. Afterwards, I interviewed with two of his team members to see if they can work with me.
- Describe a time when you had to persuade a physician who was using your competitor solely to your product? How did you approach him/her? Answer Question
None. They offer you the highest salary possible based on experience and previous salary if you came from another pharmaceutical company.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in November 2008.
Phone interview with receuiter followed by interview with DSM. Then interviewed with RSM and took pharma skills test. FInally offer was made via the phone, contingent on background check and drug test.
- Tell me about a situation when you went above any beyond the call of duty. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review