GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals

www.gsk-india.com

GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Phone screening led to 2 more phone interviews. This was followed up by a group interview with breakout sessions with different hiring managers. It was a intimidating process where the questions led to talking openly without a flow. I was brought into a large conference room where all the candidates received a brief introduction of the process then broke out.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you overcame a hardship and won a deal.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Interview Details – Use the STAR technique for interview. Situation-Task-Action-Results. 5-7 interviews before the offer. This includes meeting your future team mates and VP of Sales.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had a tough customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, what steps did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.

Interview Details – My former manager wanted to know who I was. His theory was if he can get along with me outside of work, he could manage me and trust me to do the job required. Afterwards, I interviewed with two of his team members to see if they can work with me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to persuade a physician who was using your competitor solely to your product? How did you approach him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They offer you the highest salary possible based on experience and previous salary if you came from another pharmaceutical company.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in September 2009.

Interview Details – The initial phase consisted of a phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview was arranged with Manager and an HR person present. A second interview which put case studies and another Manager to do role play with was arranged. Finally, met with national sales manager and then got an offer.

Interview Question – What was your greatest achievement on the field?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals in November 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with receuiter followed by interview with DSM. Then interviewed with RSM and took pharma skills test. FInally offer was made via the phone, contingent on background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation when you went above any beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!