GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions
  • Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   View Answer
  • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   View Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

I was contacted within in a week of applying by a GSK recruiter.
    Had a phone interview with hiring manager.
    Then flew down to ATL to interview in person with hiring manager and another same level manager.
    I didn't get the position, but the hiring manager did call me back and I asked for feedback on the interview and he provided it. In my opinion, he went above and beyond.
    It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked in the in person interview a lot of questions like What would I do to get beyond the front office to see the doc, etc. Nothing I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Your typical pharma screen, assessment, & STAR-based F2F. Interviewed with DM out of St. Cloud & one of his reps. DM actually made a phone call during the interview without excusing himself from the room. When I tried to follow-up with him, I got an old school voice mail, which I can only assume was at his residence.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview with DM went great. also had a good second interview. Too bad there is a hiring freeze.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2009.

I first saw the manager at a recruitment event in Knoxville. If I wasn't young looking for my age (34 at the time) and attractive, I bet I would not have been offered the next step. First, there was a phone interview. Next, the company had a face-to-face interview with three different managers. There was a call back and an interview scheduled for the next week, again. After passing that test, the company had another face-to-face interview with the local managers. They told me to find out as much as I could about Advair, their current promotion. I researched and memorized as much as I possibly could. I knew details by memory that some of their seasoned reps probably didn't know about the drug. Each interview seemed to hinge on the same question-"Why do you think you can do this job if you've never been in sales." I didn't have sales experience or a business degree and this seemed to bother the district manager even though I possessed two graduate degrees and better grades than him ( He revealed this in the interview process.) in science courses in college. After the second-to-last interview, he said he would have liked to see a business plan. (He didn't mention wanting one for the interview.) I told him that I could get him one and drove back into Knoxville with one in an hour. After completion of this task, I was offered a ride-along, the coveted last step in the interview process. My ride-along partner pretty much assumed that my job offer was in the bag. The GlaxoSmithKline rep and I were in the middle of the day when we were told to meet the rest of the team for lunch ( a surprise) at a downtown restaurant. All the reps did was to talk badly about the manger and about what a jerk he was to work for. After the rest of the afternoon calling on doctor's offices and pharmacists, the rep was called and the manager asked if I could drop by to interview again. Another surprise awaiting me was the appearance of the regional manager who was sneering at me as I walked through the door. He was very negative as he looked at my resume and asked me questions. I had the feeling his mind was made up against me as I walked through the door, but I remained confident. The district manager asked me about the lunch and what we talked about. I did not mention his employee's comments, but maybe I should have. Maybe this was another of the company's interview tactics. One word of advice to GlaxoSmithKline candidates: the Knoxville group is full of local "celebrities" including an ex-weatherman and a former U.T. cheerleader, and they seem to take pride in that. Another successful candidate was an ex-Yellowbook rep who seemed a little too provacative in her dress. Business black suits must go after you're hired, I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Every team has a group of people designed to meet different needs. Would you saw you are a leader, a cheerleader, a data cruncher or a follower when it comes to one of the roles needed on my team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2008.

Several interviews, they want to see a sales portfolio and history of proven success. Must be outgoing, competent and presentable.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I saw a team member or doctor doing something unethical.   View Answer
    Negotiate! Do not just accept the first offer. I did not negotiate and found out my counterparts were making several thousand more base than I was!

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

applied through campus, shortlisting on the basis of academic score
    2nd round was GD, 50% shortlisted for PI.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Phone screen, face to face with 5 managers

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Questions
    Know your salary grade and it is easy.