GlaxoSmithKline R & D Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2014
Updated Apr 30, 2014

2.5

Undergraduate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D.

First asked why I applied. Was then asked about my previous research experience and other types of experience that would translate into the potential job. After finding out I didn't have experience in the area they wanted most, they asked me to give an example of how I learned something.

Interview Questions
    • "Give an example of how you learned something"-behavioral question   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D.

This initial communication was very positive and attentive. Prior to the interview I was forwarded all neccessary information including list of interviewers, GSK benefits package, and directions. The interview was extremely pleasant and the process flowed well and on schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how much my current and expected salary was. When I inquired the HR person explained that depending on my expectation my candidacy may or may not be considered further.   View Answer
    I was given a soft offer and was asked to affirm that I wanted the position.

Research & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D in August 2011.

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the company. Questions consisted of what I did at my previous employer and typical interview questions. Questions such as leadership skills, teamwork, etc. are heavily emphasized so be prepared for that.

Tip: Smile and calm down.

Research CO-OP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D in January 2011.

I was approached via email to set up a phone interview at a time of my convenience. The interview process lasted about 45min with my immediate supervisor. She seemed extremely knowledgeable and willing to aid me in my development in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Still in R & D?   Answer Question

Director of Innovation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D in September 2009.

I was screened on the phone for a position by HR. They asked general questions about my background so they could present me to several departments rather than digging deeply into my experiences. Similarly, the 1 on 1 interview was conducted by an HR person trying to assess where i could fit in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask me anything. They literally going through my resume trying to figure out what to do with me.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D.

Took a long time, but very thorough with HR and panel interview initially. 2nd interview I had to give an hours presentation and had 4 1:1 interviews with the managers of the Dept

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D in November 2010.

I was called in for an interview at my university for a student position (1 year placement). I was interviewed by the hiring manager only. This was a general scientific interview, asking both chemistry questions and behavioural questions. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel at ease. If i was unsure of an answer to a technical question, he would help me along till i got the correct answer. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I was called the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    As it was an intern position, I could not negotiate.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline R & D in July 2009.

Very easy and engaging interview

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging situation   View Answer

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline R & D? Contribute to the Community!