GlaxoSmithKline

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP Administrator Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2012.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed with GSK for an SAP position in RTP. Everything that I experienced leading up to the interview was positive. The actual technical phone interview itself left a lot to be desired. First, the interviewer was late, which wasn't so bad. However, the questions he asked were more for knowledge testing ("what is") rather than to determine skill level ("how"). Further, the interviewer was expecting answers that were very close, if not verbatim to SAP's definitions. In my humble opinion, this type of interview strategy is inappropriate when you are looking to hire mid to senior level people. To make matters worse, the interviewer had a propensity to cut me off while I was still speaking. When I asked about the job responsibilities, his smug response gave me an impression that the work would be toxic and inflexible toward employees. I had previously researched GSK on this site and saw that the reviews weren't all good. This reminded me of another Fortune 500 client I worked for that I'm glad to be out of. I don't want to be going through another revolving door so I will not be continuing with their hiring process. An unsolicited advice to GSK: have another technical interviewer sit through the calls.

Interview Question – What is an SAP enqueue?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GlaxoSmithKline SAP Administrator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GlaxoSmithKline employees and interview candidates.