GlaxoSmithKline Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for phone screen, then interview with DM by phone and then schedule f2f interview with DM. I was a bit unusual as I applied out of state and the DM had to fly out to meet me. RVP was too tight on schedule to meet candidates so they went ahead with an offer after f2f. The interview process was respectful and expected. However gsk is extremely by the book and DM will only ask questions verbatim from the interview pages. It was a bit more difficult than others as there would be multiple questions within one, testing various aptitudes and you have to meet them all with one answer.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled persistent rejection in the past?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Tucson, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

First went through a phone screen, then two managers interviewed me face to face, the hiring manager who was one of them then had me speak to the VP --her boss on the phone. A week later an off was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and how it resolved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to change start date. My usual advice is to take the offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Denver, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

the phone interview was the usual. Just google "pharmaceutical sales phone interview" to get a handle on the questions. be sure to use the STAR format for evaluating and answering questions. If you get the multi person interveiw, each will have a different style, like good cop, bad cop. Just relax.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you were disappointed by your sales presentation,   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview included commonly asked questions. The interviewers also further explained on the job roles and benefits of the job. They emphasized that the job requires a lot of travelling. All and all, it was a fun interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

1ST WRITTEN test, where some basic english,maths and about company questions. 2nd HR round where about your introduction and other questions subject and finally last round with area sales manager,regional sales manger,zonal sales manager asks different type of questions. be confident and answer with a smile.

Location not suitable

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2010.

Interview

you must have been finished your medical background colledge or degree like phisician or physotherapy or pharmacy or veterinary or science bachlore to qualify to submit your application. then you should prepare your cv and some other documenta like your military cervice certificate and your bachelor,s degree certificate and a proof of residance like an electricity bill

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2008.

Interview

-phone interviews -4 face to face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really, but give all details upfront why you're worth the amount you're seeking.