Gleim Publications Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gleim Publications

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Three are three tests, quality test, programming test and java test(if you know java). The three tests are all basic questions, basic knowledge. Some are the detail questions kind like reading test, some are the definition questions,some are writing code. People there are very friendly and nice. Hope everything goes well.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gleim Publications in March 2013.

Interview

apply online first, hc contacted you to take tests. one quality control test, one programming test, one java test. after you passed the test. you have a second interview with hr and your manager. then you get the offer. the programming test is basic. the java test contains basic java defination

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the company a few days later. I was called in to do a grammar assessment and a typing speed test, as well as a content-awareness assessment. The whole process took about 3 or so hours.

I love grammar so it wasn't that difficult and I got called back a few days later. I met with someone in HR and we hit it off. I was quite positive that I would get the job. However, I got an e-mail a couple of days later saying that they hired someone else. I was disappointed, but the overall experience wasn't bad.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Before the actual interview I had to take their Quality Control test, a Java exam and a general programming exam. It was very basic in my opinion and anyone with understands polymorphism, encapsulation, access modifiers and (some) data structures will do just fine. Then you your have an interview with HR, Technical Support, and finally your supervisor. It was just basic questions at this point. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. Management starts you at the same rate as everyone for 3 months. IF you're lucky and they keep you you might try to renegotiate. Otherwise, wait till the end of the year and hope for a raise.