Glentel

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Glentel.

3 part interview process. Management is generally internal. You start as a sales rep then assistant then manager. The length of time depends on how well you perform in sales, customer service, and team building. The first interview is with a manager, second a team lead, third with a DM. They take referrals, online applications and walk ins.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you had to learn at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever have to break a rule?   View Answer

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Glentel.

I applied online through a third party hiring firm and received a phone interview which was standard in way of filtering potential candidates with basic behavioral questions. The in person questions were more difficult. Make sure you know about the company history. If you are applying for a position within a department store, know that you are applying to Glentel and not i.e. Target.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Glentel in January 2014.

I applied for a senior project manager role that I found online, and I was quickly contacted by the national technical sales manager who arranged a first phone interview. This first interview went well and I was told I made it to the 'short list' and that a second and final interview would be arranged shortly.

A few days later I was invited to come to an in-person interview with a second individual whose first question to me was 'so, have you heard how horrible we are', which is not a question I prepared for. The rest of the interview was completely unstructured and largely unprofessional. I was told there would be a third round of interviews in a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks later the phone rang, and someone who didn't even tell me his last name told me his boss asked him to call the candidates on the short list and 'feel them out for fit'. This person was even less professional than the second one. The interview ended abruptly when the guy's boss entered the room the interviewer was occupying and called him in immediately for a meeting. I was told a decision would be made a couple of weeks later.

On the first day of the third week, having had no news, I contacted the first person that interviewed me and asked for news about the job. He wrote back five minutes later to tell me that they had decided to repost the role and change it to a junior project manager.

Having gone on a number of interviews over the course of the past few months, this experience was by far the most aggravating and disappointing I have had in a long time. As a potential new hire, my expectations were not managed. Given that I made it to a 3rd interview, the fact that they were not going to contact me unless I contacted them first, well, the whole thing makes me kind of relieved I didn't get the job. How could they expect me to maintain high level job performance when they can't even be bothered doing the basics with any kind of professionalism?

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Glentel in January 2013.

un professional and un organized

Interview Questions

A friend told me who is current employee, he works 50 hours and gets paid for 35, if he complains manager will transfer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Glentel in December 2012.

Got a call and had an interview , not much else to it . They will basically hire anyone with any sales experience so I knew I would get the job

None

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glentel.

one on one interview. Practical questions on pc troubleshooting

F/T Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Glentel.

I have to say as much as everyone seems to want to work here the location i interviewed for was HIGHLY unorganized. They were running 45 minutes to an hour late on interviews. After waiting that long my interview was only 15-20 minutes long and they had awkward pauses in between.

Too Unorganized

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Glentel in June 2008.

interviewed by 2 senior managers at once

Interview Questions
    • questions about how to handle difficult process and the resolution   Answer Question