Global Crossing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Planner Interview

Senior Planner
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Global Crossing in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and done

Negotiation Details – easy

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Rochester, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Global Crossing in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview to discuss the overview of opening as well as my background and qualifications.

Interview Question – How does your experience make you qualfied for this position?   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Global Crossing in July 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR staff member of company via LinkedIn. After trading e-mails we set an phone interview to discuss the position. I did not know anything about position as the recruiter contacted me. After about a 50 minute discussion regarding my qualifications and the job description while the recruiter was impressed with me we both realized the position was not one that I would like to do.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Senior Sales Engineer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Global Crossing in May 2009.

Interview Details – quick got a callback the next day

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – decided to stay at existing job

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Systems Software Engineer
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Global Crossing in December 2008.

Interview Details – This is actually an interview I had in 2001. Consisted of phone interview, one on one interview, and an interview with two IT management guys. It was informal; mostly consisting of me explaining my past experiences and their explanation of the history of the company and what they wanted me to work on.
The were nice, reasonable guys.

Interview Questions

• describe the most recent challenging project you worked on and how did you overcome any obstacles?   Answer Question
  • why are you looking for a new opportunity?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – During the interview they discussed the history of the company; how smaller phone/network systems were bought out by larger companies and if their stock price fell any more, they could be bought out by a larger company. I figured if this happened, any new redundancies would likely be eliminated. I started watching their stock price fall and read about the company. I decided to take a better offer from my (then) current company. Global Crossing then went on to have the 7th largest bankruptcy filing in US history.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Global Crossing in September 2011.

Interview Details – A few hours after I applied I was called to review my background. Later that day I was invited for a 1:1 interview to be scheduled ASAP. Got an offer later that day.

Interview Question – Walk me though your work experience?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Global Crossing in October 2011.

Interview Details – What a bunch of morons. Totally mislead on what the job actually consisted of. Probably wouldn't have accepted anyways due to the recent buyout by Level3. I've heard negative things about this company before and I should have listened to my gut.

Reporting Interview

Reporting

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Global Crossing in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted in three interviews, two with the human resources department, and the last one with the VP of the sector. They were correct, on time. They were prepared and it was a proffesional interview without the typical questions of a work interview such as "3 pros and 3 cons of your personality" and with clear direct questions of my work experience.

Interview Question – What´s your independence of decissions in your current job?   Answer Question

Product Manager Analyst Intern Interview

Product Manager Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Global Crossing in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first applied online, then I was notified by the HR Manager. I then went into the office and interviewed with three separate upper level managers. I was then notified by e-mail, and a follow up phone call that I was given the position. I then was notified that I had to take a drug test and also pass a background investigation. After passing the following requirements, I was able to begin work.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because it was an intern position.

Worked for Global Crossing? Contribute to the Community!