Global Healthcare Exchange

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Product Manager Interview

Technical Product Manager
Louisville, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR and hiring manager were upfront throughout the process though it took several weeks to be hired. One on one interviews were given via phone, email & in-person, as well as 2-3 person panel interviews in the office. Recruiter kept in touch and responded quickly when I asked for status updates.

Interview Question – "What keeps you up at night?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate and got the higher salary that I requested.

Applications Support Engineer III Interview

Louisville, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through LinkedIn and their internal recruiter contacted me back via email. Set up a phone interview the next day with her and went over my resume and talked about the position. The next day she asked if I could come in for a formal interview with the manager of the team, scheduled it for the next week. Interviewed with the manager at first then two of the other employees on the team came in and asked me questions. The manager returned and gave me a test to take on knowledge of different systems (Windows, Unix, etc...). When I completed the test the director and manager returned to do follow up questions as they looked over my test. The end of the interview the two employees returned and were going to ask me questions but it just went to small talk about sports and gaming.
The team members that I met were very nice and were good guys so I thought it would be a great team to join. Their description of the on call was grossly understated.. I left for the day and the next day their internal recruiter called me and followed up with me on the interview and said she should know something by the end of the day. She called me and told me they had offered me the job and an offer letter would be in the mail the next day. Office was very clean and looked new, break room had a t.v., ice machine, free coffee and free soda.

Interview Question – How did I feel about Tim Tebow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated before they sent me the offer letter, I told them what I wanted and they made an acceptable salary offer.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Louisville, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange.

Interview Details – My "interview" was a disorganized hot mess and it provided me with a glimpse into just how unprofessional GHX is. The person interviewing me by phone (a scheduled interview) had to stop several times in order to tell people around her to stop making noise. I can actually hear people in the background yucking it up, yelling and raising hell. Classy!

My "interviewer" was highly disorganized herself and seemed to be forgetting what it was she was interviewing me for (!). Lots of stammering, lots of pregnant pauses, etc. Just an embarrassing situation all around.

After hanging up, I decided that, no matter what they offered me, it wouldn't be enough to et me to accept a position there.

Interview Question – None. Routine questions with little imagination and which weren't even tailored to the position for which I was interviewing.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – GHX appears to be a disaster of an organization and the unprofessionalism displayed during my interview was all I needed to know that I wanted no part of that dumpster fire.

Java Developer Interview

Louisville, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in March 2012.

Interview Details – The technical interviewer asked some good technical questions related to to Java over the phone, but then at the face-to-face interview launched into some strange design problem that seemed to have little relevance to the job and was more about stumping the interviewee and gauging the reaction. I probably would not have accepted this job had it been offered to me.

Interview Question – What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   View Answers (3)

Process Improvement Interview

Louisville, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process with GHX was drawn out, and took over a month for it to complete. They are in dire need for process improvement within the organization, but can't recognize it starts with the interview process. During a group interview, most of the interviewers would have rather been somewhere else. One in particular was very arrogant and posed virtually impossible questions that don't have an answer (hey, if you can't answer the question yourself, why ask?). The recruiting professional I dealt with was extremely "unprofessional". When we spoke about previous pay I indicated it was for a higher cost of living area, so was willing to come down on salary for the location. He assumed that was my old rate of pay. When I found out, after three interviews, that they were offering the salary at 40% lower then even the lowest posted salary on sites for a similar position, I spoke with the recruiting professional. In fact, they were bringing the salary down as the process progressed. It was a full month after I was told I had the position that I was getting calls from them weekly saying they were still working on the position. I finally stopped taking calls from them since it was obvious that they wouldn't meet my salary requirements, and were clueless what it would cost for a high quality person in the role.

Interview Questions

• I come to you with 15 things that need to be done today, which ones do you work on?   View Answer
  • Did they tell you what we do here? Yeah? Well let me tell you my version.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was much too low for responsibility, plus the way I was treated told me I wouldn't want to work for this company.

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange.

Interview Details – The nature of the territory I assumed responsibility for was grossly misrepresented. I was told this was the best region in the country when in fact it was the worst. Customer satisfaction could not have been lower and moral was also very poor. All of this was withheld from me during the interview process. They also misrepresented potential earnings. In short, they lied about everything.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview to start, with typical personality and background questions. Ask plenty of questions and expect to last an hour. The group panel interview is at the work site. Expect several groups to meet with and you must present detailed projects you have worked on while writing on a whiteboard.

Interview Question – Describe Design Patterns you have used in the past and their implementation.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Global Healthcare Exchange? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Healthcare Exchange interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Global Healthcare Exchange employees and interview candidates.