Global Healthcare Exchange Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Westminster, CO).

Interview

In person interview with lead developer and management. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented questions and various internet protocols. White boarding solutions and basic programming concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick phone call and response. No negotiations but increase in pay after a few months.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I was referred by multiple employees that had worked with me previously. I then filled out the online application - part of which involved a technical quiz. There was an internal meeting between the hiring manager and my previous coworkers who had referred me. This was followed up with a group phone screen. Within an hour I received a call to set up a fad-to-face interview. The interview occurred several days later and there was an offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked were appropriate for the position. There were not any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation. I was happy with the offer. It was in line with my expectations..

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO).

Interview

My "interview" was a disorganized hot mess and it provided me with a glimpse into just how unprofessional GHX is. The person interviewing me by phone (a scheduled interview) had to stop several times in order to tell people around her to stop making noise. I can actually hear people in the background yucking it up, yelling and raising hell. Classy!

My "interviewer" was highly disorganized herself and seemed to be forgetting what it was she was interviewing me for (!). Lots of stammering, lots of pregnant pauses, etc. Just an embarrassing situation all around.

After hanging up, I decided that, no matter what they offered me, it wouldn't be enough to et me to accept a position there.

Interview Questions

• None. Routine questions with little imagination and which weren't even tailored to the position for which I was interviewing.   1 Answer

GHX appears to be a disaster of an organization and the unprofessionalism displayed during my interview was all I needed to know that I wanted no part of that dumpster fire.

Applications Support Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange in April 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, and single in person interview. My total time from initial phone call to hire was under a week. Typical questions "Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?", "What interests you about this position?" and various other situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• A 10 page quiz over your skills, I was given 30 minutes to do it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was submitted at a specific rate, they came back and wanted to know if I was open to taking less.... Who does that!? I stuck to my guns and they accepted it.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The technical interviewer asked some good technical questions related to to Java over the phone, but then at the face-to-face interview launched into some strange design problem that seemed to have little relevance to the job and was more about stumping the interviewee and gauging the reaction. I probably would not have accepted this job had it been offered to me.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   3 Answers

Applications Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume through LinkedIn and their internal recruiter contacted me back via email. Set up a phone interview the next day with her and went over my resume and talked about the position. The next day she asked if I could come in for a formal interview with the manager of the team, scheduled it for the next week. Interviewed with the manager at first then two of the other employees on the team came in and asked me questions. The manager returned and gave me a test to take on knowledge of different systems (Windows, Unix, etc...). When I completed the test the director and manager returned to do follow up questions as they looked over my test. The end of the interview the two employees returned and were going to ask me questions but it just went to small talk about sports and gaming.
    The team members that I met were very nice and were good guys so I thought it would be a great team to join. Their description of the on call was grossly understated.. I left for the day and the next day their internal recruiter called me and followed up with me on the interview and said she should know something by the end of the day. She called me and told me they had offered me the job and an offer letter would be in the mail the next day. Office was very clean and looked new, break room had a t.v., ice machine, free coffee and free soda.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated before they sent me the offer letter, I told them what I wanted and they made an acceptable salary offer.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

HR and hiring manager were upfront throughout the process though it took several weeks to be hired. One on one interviews were given via phone, email & in-person, as well as 2-3 person panel interviews in the office. Recruiter kept in touch and responded quickly when I asked for status updates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate and got the higher salary that I requested.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

This process was fairly simple as I had already had a position within the company and was offered a job after a brief informal interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was which city I preferred to be located to. My first choice was not my employers first choice as I had had a working history with customers in the East. It didn't take long for us to come to an agreement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A larger moving bonus at a slightly shorter return time.

Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange (Louisville, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process with GHX was drawn out, and took over a month for it to complete. They are in dire need for process improvement within the organization, but can't recognize it starts with the interview process. During a group interview, most of the interviewers would have rather been somewhere else. One in particular was very arrogant and posed virtually impossible questions that don't have an answer (hey, if you can't answer the question yourself, why ask?). The recruiting professional I dealt with was extremely "unprofessional". When we spoke about previous pay I indicated it was for a higher cost of living area, so was willing to come down on salary for the location. He assumed that was my old rate of pay. When I found out, after three interviews, that they were offering the salary at 40% lower then even the lowest posted salary on sites for a similar position, I spoke with the recruiting professional. In fact, they were bringing the salary down as the process progressed. It was a full month after I was told I had the position that I was getting calls from them weekly saying they were still working on the position. I finally stopped taking calls from them since it was obvious that they wouldn't meet my salary requirements, and were clueless what it would cost for a high quality person in the role.

Interview Questions

• I come to you with 15 things that need to be done today, which ones do you work on?   1 Answer
    • Did they tell you what we do here? Yeah? Well let me tell you my version.   1 Answer

Pay was much too low for responsibility, plus the way I was treated told me I wouldn't want to work for this company.

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Global Healthcare Exchange.

Interview

The nature of the territory I assumed responsibility for was grossly misrepresented. I was told this was the best region in the country when in fact it was the worst. Customer satisfaction could not have been lower and moral was also very poor. All of this was withheld from me during the interview process. They also misrepresented potential earnings. In short, they lied about everything.