Global Market Insite Interview Questions

3.2

Client Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Global Market Insite (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Friendly people; great culture. The interview was laidback and conversational. Once I got into the interview, my group of interviewers made me feel at ease. The only complaint I had was that the process was slow; it took a while to get from one step to the next.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you perform your WORST under?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Global Market Insite (Mercer Island, WA).

Interview

I'm actually not sure how I had applied for the job. I may have sent in a resume through a jobs website from my college, or a recruiter might have seen my resume posted on another job board. Regardless, I was contacted first via email to set up a telephone interview, which was conducted with the company's in-house recruiter. After a short (15-30 minute) phone interview, they asked me to come in for an in-person, which was conducted with the hiring manager and his manager. They asked me a few questions to gauge my technical proficiencies and troubleshooting skills, as well as the typical "where do you see yourself in five years" sorts of questions. Their portion of the interview went well, and lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Afterwards they introduced me to the CEO of the company (who at the time insisted on interviewing every new hire in his company despite having approximately 5-8 new hires per month and around 250 employees) and the two of us had a very odd conversation; the first question he asked me was "where are you from" referring to my surname, which I found odd because I am a white male with a european name. The second question he asked was about my salary expectations, and I believe the third was a generic question about why I had applied for the position. I was essentially chewed out for having "ludicrous" salary expectations and left the interview thinking there was no way I was going to get hired by this pompous, self-righteous man. I was surprised the next day when I was offered the position.

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college. I got asked how much I was expecting when I interviewed with the CEO before they extended me an offer. I asked for what I considered a fair salary (50k; which might be a bit on the high side for an internal helpdesk type job, but not completely ludicrous). I was basically told that I should have a perfect 4.0 GPA in college and be a national merit scholar to be taken seriously with those salary expectations (I didn't, but I had a 1400 SAT score and a B average from a top-50 national university, so I wasn't exactly a slouch). When the offer did come, it was for 32.5k and I was told I could either accept the job at that salary or decline the position. I accepted.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Global Market Insite.

Interview

Involved several remote interviews. First interview was with the company recruiter who asked soft-skill questions. Later interviews involved knowledge based development questions and an easy programming problem. Every part of the process was enjoyable and the whole team was friendly and easy to talk to. The company seems very relaxed and un-bureaucratic. Everybody seemed very knowledgeable and seemed to like the company and their jobs.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult or unexpected. Be able to discuss all bullet points on the job posting and be able to explain in detail all of your resume points. The focus is on practical programming questions rather than CS fundamentals.   Answer Question

There was nothing wrong with the team, company, or the salary I was offered, and I was happy to receive an offer from them. After negotiation, the offer was very similar to a competing offer I had, but once I factored in other aspects I decided I needed to go with the other one.

Global Respondent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Global Market Insite (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume through Indeed and heard back from GMI about a week later. They were looking to fill the position quickly and the interview process moved very fast. I spoke with a recruiter in the morning and then spoke with the director that evening over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview the next day.

At the interview I met with several different people from the company, all were pleasant and engaging to talk to. I felt that they gave me very honest answers to questions about the work environment and what life would be like were I to take the position. Following the interview a call was scheduled with a senior level director in Sydney. I spoke briefly with him about a number of different topics including my past work experience, my career goals, and why I had made different decisions about school and work.

The interview process was quick and efficient and I received and offer promptly.

Interview Questions

• There were very few technical questions, most of the requirements revolved around being able to manipulate data in Excel and spot patters and trends. My previous experience working with SEM and PPC marketing was a plus.   Answer Question

I had several offers from other companies and chose to go with a different employer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Global Market Insite (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was a little unusual in its ordering: my questions first, questions on my background, then situational. (Normally it's the opposite.) The situational questions were all straightforward, hinting at their needs. The last half hour was spent on an open-ended problem of how to generate panelists. Though it was fun, they jumped around a lot. I missed one of the transitions, thinking we were still discussing the business side when they were more interested in the development implementation.

I really liked the hiring manager. Didn't get a strong read on the other two as they were mostly quiet throughout. So, despite not going to the next step, it was still a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Management is concerned that we're spending $2 per lead from affiliates (for 5 leads/month) and $1 per lead directly (we produce 1 lead/month). What are you going to do about it.   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Global Market Insite (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very quick follow up from a contract recruitment specialist - asked standard questions. After the call, I was to wait for a follow up. It never came, I called back a bunch of times, but thankfully at the very least they were quick and courteous about denying me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve an issue with a client, and turn it from a negative to a positive   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Global Market Insite in May 2007.

Interview

Initial communications with the company consisted of a phone call by the HR Director. Moved forward to the first of two interviews - with the Managing Director of Operations. I arrived very early in the morning - most of the office wasn't in yet. Had an overview of the company by him then moved on to a more technical interview with an IT staff. The people seemed genuine and warm, inviting. While waiting for the interview employees walking in were generally eager to help me or ask if I've been helped. That was nice as it eased my interview energy. Later on after the initial double 1:1 interview (first an overview and then a technical interview) I was asked to come in for a second interview with the CEO. The interview had to be re-scheduled to a quirk in scheduling. About 2-3 weeks later I came in for the interview and it was not technical - rather was informing me about the culture of the company, and more about my background in school and technology. After the interview, he gave the verbal okay to bring me on to the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an issue where users cannot print? 2 users sharing the same room are connected to a wired printer server built-in to a switch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to adjust for my desired rate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Global Market Insite.

Interview

I sent in my resume and then received an email asking to set up a phone interview. The woman on the phone asked a series of typical interview questions, some of which I felt I completely bombed. The position required a lot of Excel knowledge (of which I have very little) and some of my answers about Excel were completely made up...no idea what I was talking about. To my surprise I was emailed a couple days later asking to schedule a 2nd phone interview with someone higher up. This phone call actually went surprisingly well, and at the end of the conversation the woman said: "I'm sure you'll hear from ___ (the women to schedule the in person interviews) soon."
    ...Well I actually never heard from GMI again after that conversation, no rejection email etc....

Interview Questions

• Asked me about Excel related software I had no knowledge of.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Global Market Insite in April 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. It mostly consisted of matching the job description with my background. They asked about the technical skills e.g. Excel, VBA, SPSS, SPSS reporter, Wincross, SQL, Powerpoint, Word, Quantum. Also asked about the kind of reports I have prepared and presented and how I drove the data analysis process.
    It went good but haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the tools and methods you used for data analysis?   Answer Question