Global Market Insite

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Respondent Acquisition Associate Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Global Market Insite in January 2014.

Interview Details – I sent my resume through Indeed and heard back from GMI about a week later. They were looking to fill the position quickly and the interview process moved very fast. I spoke with a recruiter in the morning and then spoke with the director that evening over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview the next day.

At the interview I met with several different people from the company, all were pleasant and engaging to talk to. I felt that they gave me very honest answers to questions about the work environment and what life would be like were I to take the position. Following the interview a call was scheduled with a senior level director in Sydney. I spoke briefly with him about a number of different topics including my past work experience, my career goals, and why I had made different decisions about school and work.

The interview process was quick and efficient and I received and offer promptly.

Interview Question – There were very few technical questions, most of the requirements revolved around being able to manipulate data in Excel and spot patters and trends. My previous experience working with SEM and PPC marketing was a plus.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had several offers from other companies and chose to go with a different employer.

Marketing Interview

Bellevue, WA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Global Market Insite in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a little unusual in its ordering: my questions first, questions on my background, then situational. (Normally it's the opposite.) The situational questions were all straightforward, hinting at their needs. The last half hour was spent on an open-ended problem of how to generate panelists. Though it was fun, they jumped around a lot. I missed one of the transitions, thinking we were still discussing the business side when they were more interested in the development implementation.

I really liked the hiring manager. Didn't get a strong read on the other two as they were mostly quiet throughout. So, despite not going to the next step, it was still a positive experience.

Interview Question – Management is concerned that we're spending $2 per lead from affiliates (for 5 leads/month) and $1 per lead directly (we produce 1 lead/month). What are you going to do about it.   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Global Market Insite in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick follow up from a contract recruitment specialist - asked standard questions. After the call, I was to wait for a follow up. It never came, I called back a bunch of times, but thankfully at the very least they were quick and courteous about denying me.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to resolve an issue with a client, and turn it from a negative to a positive   View Answer

IT Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Global Market Insite in May 2007.

Interview Details – Initial communications with the company consisted of a phone call by the HR Director. Moved forward to the first of two interviews - with the Managing Director of Operations. I arrived very early in the morning - most of the office wasn't in yet. Had an overview of the company by him then moved on to a more technical interview with an IT staff. The people seemed genuine and warm, inviting. While waiting for the interview employees walking in were generally eager to help me or ask if I've been helped. That was nice as it eased my interview energy. Later on after the initial double 1:1 interview (first an overview and then a technical interview) I was asked to come in for a second interview with the CEO. The interview had to be re-scheduled to a quirk in scheduling. About 2-3 weeks later I came in for the interview and it was not technical - rather was informing me about the culture of the company, and more about my background in school and technology. After the interview, he gave the verbal okay to bring me on to the team.

Interview Question – How would you troubleshoot an issue where users cannot print? 2 users sharing the same room are connected to a wired printer server built-in to a switch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to adjust for my desired rate.

Client Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Global Market Insite.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and then received an email asking to set up a phone interview. The woman on the phone asked a series of typical interview questions, some of which I felt I completely bombed. The position required a lot of Excel knowledge (of which I have very little) and some of my answers about Excel were completely made up...no idea what I was talking about. To my surprise I was emailed a couple days later asking to schedule a 2nd phone interview with someone higher up. This phone call actually went surprisingly well, and at the end of the conversation the woman said: "I'm sure you'll hear from ___ (the women to schedule the in person interviews) soon."
...Well I actually never heard from GMI again after that conversation, no rejection email etc....

Interview Question – Asked me about Excel related software I had no knowledge of.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Global Market Insite in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the recruiter. It mostly consisted of matching the job description with my background. They asked about the technical skills e.g. Excel, VBA, SPSS, SPSS reporter, Wincross, SQL, Powerpoint, Word, Quantum. Also asked about the kind of reports I have prepared and presented and how I drove the data analysis process.
It went good but haven't heard back from them.

Interview Question – Tell me about the tools and methods you used for data analysis?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Global Market Insite? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Market Insite interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Global Market Insite employees and interview candidates.