Global Marketing Consultants

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Global Marketing Consultants in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process moves very rapidly, within a week you can put in your application, get called for an interview, and complete your third and final interview. The first interview involves a very short meeting with your hiring manager, they will put a face to a resume and weigh your reason for pursuing this job. The second interview is a group interview, where they look for confidence, quick thinking and the ability to work in a team. The third interview is a full-day job shadow, where you realize that you will be hired to be a door-to-door salesman. If you do not commit any egregious errors, you will be hired immediately.

Interview Question – Rate, from most important to least important, the importance of: potential for growth, hard work, teamwork, and pay.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Global Marketing Consultants in April 2012.

Interview Details – The address was in the business sector of Philadelphia so it was encouraging at first. I entered the building, went up to the suite and the door was locked. Other offices in the same suite had nameplates but GMC Philly had a paper taped to the door with the name of the company. I knocked several times, pressed the doorbell but they did not open the door. So I called and asked them to open it for me.

There were only two employees in the suite. The office was in disarray but the guy informed me that they just moved in. The 1:1 interview consisted of questions about whether I preferred an office setting or outside sales setting. Then he explained that I would have to sell Verizon internet service door-to-door to different companies... in a suit. Needless to say, I was shocked. I didn't know that marketing consultant equated to door-to-door salesperson these days. Then he said that in the next stage of the interview, I would have to follow one of their sales reps around, again, in a suit. Outdoors. Selling stuff. Let's just say that the interview went downhill from there.

I wouldn't recommend showing up for interview. If you're curious and want to see for yourself, then feel free. I was wary of some of the reviews here but they turned out to be right!

Interview Question – Do you prefer working indoors or outdoors -- not really hard as everything was pretty easy.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Marketing Consultants in May 2012.

Interview Details – Aggressive YET Challenging -

On the first interview I had a brief chance to learn about the company and then was assessed on my professional and educational experience.

The 2nd interview was mind blowing - I've never had an interview with a firm that tested me in the way they speak of in movies.

they had analytical, critical reasoning tests, and had us even debate in front of management to prove our ability to think quickly on our feet....

one of the questions....."slippery slopes can be easily overcome by what measure"......"you have 30 seconds to answer"

I was scared but it was kind of fun

Interview Question – YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS UNTIL I CALL TIME AFTER THE QUESTION:

Multiply 36 time 24 then divide it by 4 and then add 6 and subtract 37......what would the answer be if you had to add nothing plus one....GO!!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had three compensation offers - the base salary on all of them were high but they had required that I voice my negotiation abilities and results from my interview to negotiate which bonus and benefit package I think I could achieve.

It was the first interview that I had a chance to choose what I could make with the comfort of knowing it wasn't a scam commission only job

Very Difficult Interview

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Marketing Consultants in May 2012.

Interview Details – Brief first interview where they gauged my aspirations and experiences. I was invited to a 2nd interview where they asked me a lot of consulting and scenario questions - was a little nerve racking

Interview Questions

• You have 12 seconds....

what is 24 times 36 divided by 4 plus 7 minus 6 and then tell me what the sum of 0 times 27 and the sum of the answer equals...

this was a tough one - I got tricked
      Answer Question
  • What skills do you want to develop in the next 2 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 3 parts - they laid out a base salary package of $57K if I was willing to travel once a month, they offered a $40K base plus 30% bonuses on client acquisition - $78K and the 3rd package consisted of $20K base but 19% receipt of deal participation (firm does $2.2B in deal flow a year) so I opted for the latter......I was hired this month and made $7,300 this week

Worked for Global Marketing Consultants? Contribute to the Community!