Global Prior Art

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global Prior Art

Associate Patent Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Global Prior Art.

Hiring process was very fast with about two weeks between a phone screen, an on-site interview and a job offer. The organization of the interview was highly professional. All travel expenses and hotel were paid by the company. I received my interview itinerary a couple of days before the day of the interview and had a plenty of time to prepare. A was asked a lot about my research experience and gave an hour-long presentation about my graduate work. My interviewers also administered two hour-long assignments during which I was expected to read a patent or two and write a brief summary of my analysis.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were quite standard interview questions. One question: "Are you going to go to law school?" was asked more than dozen times and I got a vibe that the expected answer was "absolutely no".   View Answer

Patent Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Global Prior Art.

I first had a phone interview with an experienced analyst and the group leader for the group that best corresponded to my educational and work background. The interview was fairly standard- I was asked about my technical background, why I was interested in working for Global, how I found out about the position, whether I had intellectual property or patent experience, etc. About a week after the phone interview, I was offered an on-site interview in Boston.

For the on-site interview, I was asked to give a short presentation about my technical background. I also had to complete two short assessments to evaluate whether or not I would be capable of doing the job. I met with the group and division leaders, as well as the owner of the company, and we talked about pretty standard things- my background, goals, interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was not anticipating the assessments, which basically consisted of two case studies where a client's project was presented and I had to answer questions based on a few patents that were provided.   View Answer
    The salary and benefits were nonnegotiable, but fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Global Prior Art in February 2011.

Hiring process was very thorough. It began with a phone interview to gauge interest and experience followed by an on-site interview. In the on-site interview, I was interviewed by 4 people who were friendly. There is also an 'exam' where you read a patent and they ask you questions to see if you can learn and understand. It also gives you an idea of what the job is kind of like. Patent work isn't for everyone.

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate a bit but not much.

Associate Patent Analyst Interview

Be thorough with wireless and networking concepts.