Global Relay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.8

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay in May 2014.

Recruitment agency contacted me about an opening for a Java Developer. I was getting bored with my previous job and so and I agreed to try it out. First interview was a 30-min phone screen with the dev lead. Asked questions about Java, differences between data structures, and my work experience. I thought I botched it as I did not have lots of experience with Java - but I made it. Then they gave me a homework to work on. Nothing too difficult - it just took some time to code. They were happy with it and so they invited me for a second interview. The office was nice and they have free beers and snacks. The interviewers were with a dev lead, a developer, and a scrum master. They asked questions about the homework that I did. Then more Java questions - specifically around multi-threading. Then some programming-related puzzles - but nothing too crazy if you know your computer science fundamentals. Then HR gave me a questionnaire that was meant to get an insight on my personality. The last interview was a behavioral interview with 2 execs. They asked a lot of insightful questions that are meant to judge your character and fit with the company. After a day, HR called me and they were willing to extend me an offer - and I accepted after some negotiation with the salary.

Interview Questions
    I told my agent my expected salary and so it was my agent who negotiated for me - and they accepted it.

Product Training and Customer Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Took them around 2 weeks to call me for a phone interview. Question of the interview was not hard at all, basically they were asking me how do I deal with customer, how do you prioritize your work and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult but you should know how to dealt w/ clients. There are tough candidates out there, so good luck!   Answer Question

QA Test Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Global Relay.

The office is very nice. I was interviewed by three people: HR rep, QA lead, and the lead software developer. I was asked some questions about myself. Then they asked me some basic questions regarding testing practices and some questions about Linux. Overall good interview. Make sure you know all the different types of testing.

Coop QA Interview

I had 2 interviewers. One for personality and the other for technical skills. The interview took about 30 - 40 minutes. The office environment looked pretty nice. Overall the interview process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about object oriented programming. Make sure you know your SQL and C#. They also asked me how I would go about reporting a bug.   Answer Question

Coop QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay in July 2013.

Number of interviewers: 2
    Environment: One small office room.
    Process: Normally the interviewee would be questioned by two staff by the team which would hire you. The communication is very relaxed. The questions would divided in two parts: the first one is behavour question and second part is techinical questions which based on your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Ask some projects in my resume mentioned, but I already forgot the actual implementation in parts of my project.   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Applied via university co-op office, get email for interview one week later, interviewed at global relay with three QA team members. Question about projects, basic concepts.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Global Relay in April 2012.

I had 3 interviews and a personality test, met with some other sales team members.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe how I would discuss message security with a broker dealer   Answer Question

Low pay

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Applied via a recruiter, the process started with a initial phone screen for about 30 minutes. During the phone screen, they asked questions are data structures and Java threading.

Followed the phone screen, I was ask to complete a technical assignment. I was given 24 hours to complete the coding, and I took me around 8 hours to complete it.

I was then invited to go to an on site interview. During the interview, I was ask to white broad the design of my technical assignment, and discuss the pros and cons of design decisions.

I was again invited to go back for another interview to meet with another team. While I was there, I was told that the original position was filled, so they wanted to interview me for another position. After meeting with the team, it was followed by an hr interview.

After that, I was told by the recruiter that they chose someone else with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • For a baby monitor connected to a wifi network, why is there a delay between the mic receiving the sound and the computer that plays the sound? Specifically what they devices are doing that causes the delay?   View Answer

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Global Relay.

First interview on the phone, questions about my resume and experience.
    Second interview in person with the same kind of questions.

QA Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Had two rounds of interviews: phone with Lead and panel with three Team specialists. A lot was about prior experience, some cultural fit, lots of tech questions; also an IQ/math type test and numbers test, no copy to keep offered. Sort of "too advanced" culture as soon as I walked into their lobby.

Interview Questions
    • The most complicated bug you've found and documented and proud of?   View Answer

Worked for Global Relay? Contribute to the Community!