Global Relay

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Training and Customer Support Specialist Interview

Product Training and Customer Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – Took them around 2 weeks to call me for a phone interview. Question of the interview was not hard at all, basically they were asking me how do I deal with customer, how do you prioritize your work and so on.

Interview Question – Not very difficult but you should know how to dealt w/ clients. There are tough candidates out there, so good luck!   Answer Question

QA Test Interview

QA Test

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – The office is very nice. I was interviewed by three people: HR rep, QA lead, and the lead software developer. I was asked some questions about myself. Then they asked me some basic questions regarding testing practices and some questions about Linux. Overall good interview. Make sure you know all the different types of testing.

Interview Question – What does the linux command top do?   Answer Question

Coop QA Interview

Coop QA

Interviewed at Global Relay

Interview Details – I had 2 interviewers. One for personality and the other for technical skills. The interview took about 30 - 40 minutes. The office environment looked pretty nice. Overall the interview process was pretty standard.

Interview Question – They asked me about object oriented programming. Make sure you know your SQL and C#. They also asked me how I would go about reporting a bug.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coop QA Interview

Coop QA
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay in July 2013.

Interview Details – Number of interviewers: 2
Environment: One small office room.
Process: Normally the interviewee would be questioned by two staff by the team which would hire you. The communication is very relaxed. The questions would divided in two parts: the first one is behavour question and second part is techinical questions which based on your experience.

Interview Question – Ask some projects in my resume mentioned, but I already forgot the actual implementation in parts of my project.   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

Interviewed at Global Relay

Interview Details – Applied via university co-op office, get email for interview one week later, interviewed at global relay with three QA team members. Question about projects, basic concepts.

Interview Question – How to teat a ATM   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Global Relay in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews and a personality test, met with some other sales team members.

Interview Question – Asked to describe how I would discuss message security with a broker dealer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – Applied via a recruiter, the process started with a initial phone screen for about 30 minutes. During the phone screen, they asked questions are data structures and Java threading.

Followed the phone screen, I was ask to complete a technical assignment. I was given 24 hours to complete the coding, and I took me around 8 hours to complete it.

I was then invited to go to an on site interview. During the interview, I was ask to white broad the design of my technical assignment, and discuss the pros and cons of design decisions.

I was again invited to go back for another interview to meet with another team. While I was there, I was told that the original position was filled, so they wanted to interview me for another position. After meeting with the team, it was followed by an hr interview.

After that, I was told by the recruiter that they chose someone else with more experience.

Interview Question – For a baby monitor connected to a wifi network, why is there a delay between the mic receiving the sound and the computer that plays the sound? Specifically what they devices are doing that causes the delay?   View Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – First interview on the phone, questions about my resume and experience.
Second interview in person with the same kind of questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

QA Position Interview

QA Position
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – Had two rounds of interviews: phone with Lead and panel with three Team specialists. A lot was about prior experience, some cultural fit, lots of tech questions; also an IQ/math type test and numbers test, no copy to keep offered. Sort of "too advanced" culture as soon as I walked into their lobby.

Interview Question – The most complicated bug you've found and documented and proud of?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview Details – Phone screening, technical interview, cultural interview, job offer.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, but you should definitely negotiate a little. Regretted not negotiating in hindsight.

Worked for Global Relay? Contribute to the Community!